Old 07-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #81

Kicking up mudd, my bad, you are correct. I'm only locking the top handle lock. Folding handle may help if it happens again. I just hope it does not happen again. Hopefully just mis-adjusted. When the new door gets here, I'll certainly be watching it, and securing it on the inside with a bungee at least.
Still no word on FR covering the door on warantee.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraboy View Post
Kicking up mudd, my bad, you are correct. I'm only locking the top handle lock. Folding handle may help if it happens again. I just hope it does not happen again. Hopefully just mis-adjusted. When the new door gets here, I'll certainly be watching it, and securing it on the inside with a bungee at least.
Still no word on FR covering the door on warantee.
I would make sure that latch doesn't get put on new door. I would be tempted to go and mark it with a scratch of my doing to make sure it is not reused. My last experience with dealer was Forrest river got charged for stuff that wasn't done or changed. I would not want that lock back. Good luck hope they get it took care of.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #83

Heading out tomorrow 7/11 for our first trip in our new baby. Staying 2 weeks at NC Outer Banks, will post if any first trip issues pop up. Hoping all Hurricanes stay away!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickingupmudd View Post
I would make sure that latch doesn't get put on new door. I would be tempted to go and mark it with a scratch of my doing to make sure it is not reused. My last experience with dealer was Forrest river got charged for stuff that wasn't done or changed. I would not want that lock back. Good luck hope they get it took care of.
Just got back from NC (from FL) 1300 miles round trip. Had it to the dealer just before trip for the punch list and everything seems to be working ok. Had a little leak on the couch slide but it was after a super bad rain storm.

Bought and installed a Tire pressure monitor system - tst 507. cool upgrade! FYI if you get a TPM system for your rig this one works stock without the need for a repeater (extension for signal) on the Vengeance.

In FL it's super hot right now and my garage has stayed really cold with just the 2 acs. I do have the all seasons upgrade which is more insulation though... I am still very interested on the remote control system for slides, awnings and level and also want to add the slide covers... if you guys beat me to these let me know what you learn and/or ill do the same.

otherwise we're loving this rig.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #85

Back from our first shakedown trip, 2 weeks to the Outer Banks of NC. Not many issues, but did find a few with our 39B12...

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the Cable/Sat signal to the garage TV. I used a flat ribbon coaxial cable and slipped it in the side garage window and snaked it over to the TV. That made the (3) teenagers living in the garage quite happy for the 2 weeks. I have yet to figure out where the 2nd Sat Inputs goes, as I had to flip over to the 2nd coaxial connection in the bedroom to get cable tv up there. It seems the antenna connection is only that and does not switch from Antenna/Cable like my last Cedar Creek 5th wheel. I used diplexer(s) that I had in my box of tricks to run the Cable/Sat to the main TV.

My shower was not caulked across the track at the bottom, so that was found rather quickly on the first day. With a trip to hardware store, which is a 80 mile round trip on Hatteras Island, that was solved.

Found out my front awing support was missing 3 out of 4 bolts at the top channel attached to the RV.

Bedroom A/C has (2) issues...It rain heavy twice and water poured in as the wind was driving the wind to the rear of the unit. thought that was all, but later I think just plain condensation was dripping back into the RV. It was quite hot and humid and few days, which is normal for NC, and we had water dripping down on those days with no rain.

Garage radio would not pickup any radio stations, no big deal for me, but the again the (3) teenager boys were bummed.

Also research an issue that I may or may not have a leak. I had water on the top of the left side storage door everyday rain or shine. Not sure if it was water running down the RV side from the A/C and just collecting there or if it's water coming from what I can only guess is the shower. It's the only water source above the storage door.

I knew this before the trip, but my Cap Lights will not come on.

Nothing real major, except the A/C leaking in my opinion. It pulled like a dream with my 2008 Ford F350 DRW 6.4L Powerstroke Diesel King Ranch. I averaged 10.3 mpg on the trip with my nose sticking up a little. I may look into airbags for the rear to level it out as it did squat the rear some. This hitch weight is a little bit heavier than my other 5th wheel. Any suggestions Ride-Rite or others?
Old 07-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #86
Trike Rider

Radio

I have taken mine in for the radio issue and they did not fix it. I can hook up cable to cable inlet and get great cable on all three tvs from our cable provider but when I hook up to the cable co the radio in garage sounds like no antenna is hooked up. I unhook cable radio plays fine. We turn on antenna booster and set tv to antenna and get local tv stations with cable unhooked Tv plays and radio works fine. Only when we hook to cable company does radio go out. Tv plays in all three rooms . We can hook cable to one sat conn and hook tv in bed room to sat not TV conn. the tv works on Cable for that room only. Radio works in garage fine. We hook to the other sat conn and put tv in living room on the sat conn the living room only works on cable and radio works fine. The garage tv will not work at all during these test. The garage tv works fine with all three on cable or on antenna with booster on.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:10 PM   #87
Trike Rider

Factory e-mailed by Dealer

The Dealer did e-mail the factory about all the problems we had and I have not heard from them I plan on calling them back tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:41 PM   #88

Tjss, sounds like a/c condensation running down. My shower leaked in the same place, caulked it up, no prob. The TV SAT deal is a puzzle, no doubt. I have a splitter hooked up providing cable to cable and outer sat connectors to get cable on all 3 tv's. Garage radio works fine all the time. I think these are wired all differently, and it's trial and error.
Mine has been in the shop for three weeks for several minor things and the side garage door is still on order. They did warrantee the door damage tho, which is good. The factory is only 50 miles from me, and I don't think the side door changed much, so I don't know what is taking so long.
Got an estimate on a third A/C unit for the garage, $1399. It can wait. I asked about the remote for the hydraulics, and they said no problem, as long as the 'brain box' is already installed. They are going to look for it tomorrow, as it's liable to be anywhere. They are also looking for slide out awnings for me, but after three weeks in the shop, I just want my camper back! Our next trip is to York Pa. For the HD factory tour. Leaving end of August.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-29-2014, 05:39 PM   #89
Trike Rider

Our shower leaked in same place also. I think the factory got in a hurry to put the new floor plans on the road.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:47 PM   #90

On the road back home with my son's Jeep.

Tags