Old 01-16-2015, 09:55 PM   #41
RiderBloke

CTM, ask if they can do doors for that unit. My dealer told me early on that it should be possible. It might be expensive though.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:37 PM   #42
CTM

Thanks RiderBloke, I'll let you know what I find out.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:11 PM   #43

Hi everyone new to forum. I have a couple of questions to people who have a 26RR. I live in western Pa. and my local dealers can't compare to prices I've found in Michigan and Indiana, are the prices really that far off. They are telling me that the trailer can only be warrantied at the dealer you bought it from. Also what kind of problems have you had that you need to take it back for service? I really love the floor plan and the price over most all other toy haulers. I will be hauling a 06 road king and wonder about the strength of the ramp and the D rings in the floor. I have not talked to other dealers besides my locals at the Pittsburgh RV. show but I like to be informed when I call. Does anybody use the solar charger that is available and what size generator do you use as we do a lot of dry camping. Any info would be helpful, thank you Dave
Old 01-24-2015, 11:15 PM   #44
CTM

Polish2,
I have a 26RR Limited and truly love it. The floor plan is awesome and it tows very well.
I have noticed prices all over the board. Ours wasn't one of the cheaper but no where near the suggested list.
I think any FR dealer can honor the warrantee but I have also read on the forum that getting someone to do the work can be difficult if you didn't purchase it from them. We had a couple of minor issues with ours. 1 The TV antenna wiring connection was not done properly. 2. The scare light had a short. No big deal but was corrected promptly. Overall quality is pretty darn good for a mass produced product.
We boondock camp so I have two batteries and take our two Champion 2000 W Inverter generators with a parallel kit. Also have a battery shut off switch to chose one battery or the other or both. Only run the generator to charge the batteries or watch TV or other appliances. Looking into the Zamp Solar kit myself but I can't decide what size panel kit to get.
As far as loading I can't speak for motorcycles we haul a Polaris RZR that loads easily. I have noticed other posts having problems with the short ramp with the bike not clearing without modifications.
I hope this helps, good luck.
Cheers!
Old 01-25-2015, 01:02 PM   #45

CTM, Tanks for the info. I think I have the loading figured out, but I have read about the door not being the strongest, that was my concern. I guess I am going to call some dealers and get there take on buying out of state, and warranties. I don't se me buying until next year so I have a lot of time to get all my ducks in a row. Any other input would be very helpful.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:14 PM   #46
RiderBloke

2015 26RR Grey Wolf

Polish2,
I know it's a bit farther than some other dealers but contact Mike at TriCityRV.com in Bay City Michigan. Everyone I have met who has dealt with them have spoken very highly of them and I have my 26RR on order from them too.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by polish2 View Post
Hi everyone new to forum. I have a couple of questions to people who have a 26RR. I live in western Pa. and my local dealers can't compare to prices I've found in Michigan and Indiana, are the prices really that far off. They are telling me that the trailer can only be warrantied at the dealer you bought it from. Also what kind of problems have you had that you need to take it back for service? I really love the floor plan and the price over most all other toy haulers. I will be hauling a 06 road king and wonder about the strength of the ramp and the D rings in the floor. I have not talked to other dealers besides my locals at the Pittsburgh RV. show but I like to be informed when I call. Does anybody use the solar charger that is available and what size generator do you use as we do a lot of dry camping. Any info would be helpful, thank you Dave
Butler RV? <--- I know this because I bought my 19RR from them. I know alot of out of state shops are cheaper but they included a WDH, brake controller P2 installed at my schedule not theirs, and I already had to exchange a power cord due to led light stopped working and Tim(warranty rep) took care of it for me no questions asked. I haven't used mine yet for the D rings they look pretty good with three 2inch screw on all 4 of them. Just need a wheel chock from what Ive read.........and welcome to the forum!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new toy hauler.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	68925  

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:45 PM   #48

Thanks RiderBloke, & bluewoo Yes it was Butler rv. Talked yesterday to the Outpost RV, and Haylett RV and there prices are insanely low compared to Butler. Both said warranty work could be handled by any FR dealer, suggested I call FR directly to make sure, makes sense if your are out on the road and needed something fixed shouldn't have to take it home to get it fixed. Thanks again for the replies, any information or advise is much appreciated.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #49
RiderBloke

Polish2, be careful of the prices they give until you know what is included (and that means the PDI Cost as well). Very few of these trailers are sold in the basic form - most are sold with the 2 upgrade packages and a couple of extras as well. These add about $3500 to the price based on my experience. The 26RR has become a very popular seller according to TriCityRV.
Good luck with the purchase. I just saw mine which came earlier than I want it and also the dealer saw immediately that it was not built exactly as I had ordered it so he has ordered another from the factory for me. That's a good dealer.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderBloke View Post
Polish2, be careful of the prices they give until you know what is included (and that means the PDI Cost as well). Very few of these trailers are sold in the basic form - most are sold with the 2 upgrade packages and a couple of extras as well. These add about $3500 to the price based on my experience. The 26RR has become a very popular seller according to TriCityRV.
Good luck with the purchase. I just saw mine which came earlier than I want it and also the dealer saw immediately that it was not built exactly as I had ordered it so he has ordered another from the factory for me. That's a good dealer.

I was told the same by Butler RV that inspection and dealer prep is not included in alot of other dealerships I looked at. Im very please with my purchased from Butler rv

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf