Old 02-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #51
RiderBloke

I have my 26RR on order and am busy (well, not that busy - after all I am supposed to be retired!) buying goodies for it in advance. I keep looking at backup cameras. I know the 26RR has a place for the camera above the ramp door, but I have no idea what is actually provided there. Is there hard wiring for the video or is it to be wireless? Does it supply 12V and if so, is it from a constant 12V source or just the reversing light?
I want my camera on all the time to use for rear vision and I hope to mount another on the inside of the trailer to keep a bit of an eye on the bikes and also as a security thing perhaps.
Any info would be appreciated. getting anxious now but the cold, cold, cold weather would prevent me from using it yet anyway.

RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderBloke View Post
I have my 26RR on order and am busy (well, not that busy - after all I am supposed to be retired!) buying goodies for it in advance. I keep looking at backup cameras. I know the 26RR has a place for the camera above the ramp door, but I have no idea what is actually provided there. Is there hard wiring for the video or is it to be wireless? Does it supply 12V and if so, is it from a constant 12V source or just the reversing light?
I want my camera on all the time to use for rear vision and I hope to mount another on the inside of the trailer to keep a bit of an eye on the bikes and also as a security thing perhaps.
Any info would be appreciated. getting anxious now but the cold, cold, cold weather would prevent me from using it yet anyway.

I read that its powered from the trailer lights and no direct wiring for video... click link Back up Camera?. post#6

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:10 PM   #53
RiderBloke

Bluewoo,
Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:15 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderBloke View Post
Bluewoo,
Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Anytime, Just hope it's right!

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:40 PM   #55

This is a great thread. I own a FR HW pop-up and the past two years we haven't used it between buying a new house, one kid getting married and another in college. We went to a local RV show Monday (my first) and was surprised that they had one measly little 17 foot toy hauler. We did speak to a few dealers and one was trying to sell us a left over (2015 model from last April) Vengeance and was willing to take my pop-up sight unseen, but I hadn't doen any research.

After returning home, I was up all night (self proclaimed research whore) and realized the is the same lay-out and basic features of the Vengeance at a much more reasonable price (even with the one time show deal).

We own two full size motorcycles (a Harley and a Victory) and are looking to purchase in the next month or two. I have noticed as others have said that the mid part of the country has much more stock (most in the northeast say they can order it or have them on order for spring) and better pricing.

Looking forward to joining the pack - pun not intended...
Old 02-18-2015, 09:49 PM   #56

One thing I dislike about the top hinged cabinet doors was holding them open with my head while retrieving large items. I decided to fix that. Added some gas lifts on the four doors with the top hinge, works great:

Old 02-18-2015, 10:44 PM   #57

Evening all, Just got a new vehicle for towing, Got a mint condition 2005 Ford econoline E150 Chateau with 68,000 on it. All I need now I the toy hauler. LOL I have been doing a lot of research and believe I will be getting my Grey Wolf from the Outpost Rv in Indiana. Talked to glen miller there a couple of times and he has given me the bet out the door price of anybody. Hope to pull the trigger this year but time will tell, if not next year for shure. Love seeing all the modifications done,great idea. Thanks
Old 02-18-2015, 11:40 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Wilson View Post
One thing I dislike about the top hinged cabinet doors was holding them open with my head while retrieving large items. I decided to fix that. Added some gas lifts on the four doors with the top hinge, works great:

Those are pretty nice. where did you order them from.
I got my 26RR in July and these are one of the many items on my "things to get, things to do" list!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:53 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsignguy View Post
Those are pretty nice. where did you order them from.
I got my 26RR in July and these are one of the many items on my "things to get, things to do" list!
I got those on EBay:

Durable Hydraulic Gas Strut Lift Support Kitchen Door Cabinet Hinge Spring Brass | eBay

I got the 50Nm strength.(could use stronger if you want them to open w/o help) On the shorter bedroom doors, I had to remove the latch on one side to mount. Only one latch is needed. I see he is out of stock, but there are lots of other sellers.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:13 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Wilson View Post
I got those on EBay:

Durable Hydraulic Gas Strut Lift Support Kitchen Door Cabinet Hinge Spring Brass | eBay

I got the 50Nm strength.(could use stronger if you want them to open w/o help) On the shorter bedroom doors, I had to remove the latch on one side to mount. Only one latch is needed. I see he is out of stock, but there are lots of other sellers.

Thanks for the feedback and the link. I deal with ebay all the time so that's good. As for the other sellers, they all seem to be from "out of town" so to speak and delivery can be somewhat of a pain. I can wait for a while and keep checking back to see. Again thanks, I do appreciate it!

Tags
grey wolf