Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTM View Post
Jswerve, Sorry can't help you there, we have a Polaris RZR 800 UTV, but I have seen where others have had problems loading a motorcycle because of the short steep door.
That's what I was afraid of...
Jswerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #22
CTM

IMHO the simplest and most professional-looking solution would be to purchase a lightweight folding aluminum ATV loading ramp, and some blocking. Prop the end of the toy hauler ramp up with the blocking and bridge the distance to the ground with the ATV ramp. Adjust the blocking so that the two ramps together make one uniform slope.

I found this on a quick Google search, good luck!
CTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #23

Quote:
IMHO the simplest and most professional-looking solution would be to purchase a lightweight folding aluminum ATV loading ramp, and some blocking. Prop the end of the toy hauler ramp up with the blocking and bridge the distance to the ground with the ATV ramp. Adjust the blocking so that the two ramps together make one uniform slope.

I found this on a quick Google search, good luck!
Thank you
Jswerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:57 PM   #24

Jswerve
We have Can-am and it drags. We have to put a couple of blocks under the front jack and raise it up as high as we can. We don't have a problem since we did this
butterfly6842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 03:38 PM   #25
RiderBloke

Bit the bullet and ordered our 2015 26RR today in the all the bells and whistles edition and Doe interior. Added the rear screen, extra battery, and it was still right on my budget. Because of snow and ice etc will take delivery next April.
I don't really like the new interiors as much as the old but that's not a deal breaker, nor is the change to the TV mount & the loss of a potential storage space. I guess they did this to allow larger TVs. The faux brick is ugly but maybe it can be removed.
I can start planning some additional cupboards and useful modifications over winter as the dealer gave me a plan with enough dimensions of the interior.
It's good to read other owners' experiences.
Ron Cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #26
CTM

Congratulations! You are going to love your camper/toyhauler. I feel it is a great value. Keep us posted once you receive it and your mods.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #27

RiderBloke would love to see your plan for additional cupboards as we plan on using ours for fulltime traveling in about a yr or so. What St. Are youbin
Old 11-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #28
RiderBloke

Butterfly6842,
I'm in Michigan near Midland.
One set of cupboard additions that inspired me was done on these forums to a 25rr. It was a large cupboard set right down the RH side & still allowed 2 bikes. He is Canadian I think - search for pimp my 25rr by Night-Wolf and you should find it. I don't intend to do as big a set as that and my woodworking skills leave a bit to be desired.
Take care and happy planning.

Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 11-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #29

New member here. Bought our first RV, the Grey Wolf 26RR. Recently retired and will be spending 3 months this winter in Florida in her. Bringing the toys; two BMW650GS's, kayaks and bicycles.

We chose this model for the weight (towing with a 2012 Ram 1500) and layout. It was important for us to have the bed accessible from both sides. I think we got all the options, since it was a pre-ordered unit.

Have a couple of mods finished or in progress. Changed the TV mount since the one that came with the unit blocked access to the DVD player. I installed a Morryde TV5-003H mount that is sturdier (Steel) and adjustable:
http://www.morryde.com/uploads/produ...%20Details.pdf

I have on order (currently back-ordered) an underbelly spare tire carrier:
BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry

Recently did a test outing at a nearby campground on Normandy lake here in Middle Tennessee. Everything worked well. A picture:

Mr_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #30
CTM

Mr. Wilson, congratulation on you purchase. I will be interested in knowing how you like the under mount spare tire holder as I am considering doing the same to mine. Keep us posted.
Cheers
Old 11-27-2014, 04:02 PM   #31

We bought ours because of the walk around bed also and we also tow it with a 2011 F 150. Have ck out the spare tire carrier. Thank you
Old 11-27-2014, 04:04 PM   #32

And we have a can-an, bikecycles glad to hear we can also get kayaks in there too
Old 11-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #33
CTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly6842 View Post
We bought ours because of the walk around bed also and we also tow it with a 2011 F 150. Have ck out the spare tire carrier. Thank you
Where did you mount the spare?
Old 12-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #34

Quote:
Mr. Wilson, congratulation on you purchase. I will be interested in knowing how you like the under mount spare tire holder as I am considering doing the same to mine. Keep us posted.
Cheers
Have the under belly carrier mounted. Had to send the first one back, damaged in shipping. Installation was easy, hardest part was drilling the holes in the frame.

Loading up for the trip to Florida, two bikes and two kayaks so far:

Old 12-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #35
RiderBloke

I am watching with interest as mine is on order for delivery in April after the snow (what snow?).
I just bought 2 x 5" plastic fence posts and caps and some wood for cabinets i intend to build in.
How do you go for storing stuff? It seems to be a bit short on cupboards and that blank space opposite the kitchen begs for some I think.
I intend to store spare tire and tools in the Tundra as I have a lockable topper on it, and it will usually be with the 26RR.
Have a great trip.

Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 12-26-2014, 07:35 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderBloke View Post
How do you go for storing stuff? It seems to be a bit short on cupboards and that blank space opposite the kitchen begs for some I think.
If you look at the first picture you'll notice some plastic containers. They fit under the fold down bench and under the bed. That's our storage, we have several containers.

We are MOA members also. We first saw this model at the rally this year in Minn.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:24 PM   #37
CTM

Mr_Wilson: Looks like you have a good size load. I hope you have (had) a good trip.

RiderBloke; Where are you planning on putting the cabinet that you intend to build? I was thinking that I would like to put a wall cabinet above the window in the garage area from the existing cabinets to the back door. My unit is in storage for the winter so I don't know how much room there is above the window. Can anyone help me with that measurement? That would be from above the valance to the roof.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:20 PM   #38
RiderBloke

CTM,

My cupboard is to go on the wheel arch opposite the kitchen with perhaps a smaller upright cupboard at each end avoiding the tie down points. Night-Wolf did a huge set for his 25RR but mine will be smaller as I have to keep passengers in mind.

I measured up a 26RR at my dealers and am building a rough set during winter to try out when we get the trailer in April and then get a better one built with any adjustments. That keeps me out of trouble for a month or two.

Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 01-15-2015, 10:10 AM   #39
RiderBloke

Quote:
Mr_Wilson: Looks like you have a good size load. I hope you have (had) a good trip.

RiderBloke; Where are you planning on putting the cabinet that you intend to build?
Thanks in advance.
In looking around yesterday I noticed that the 27RR has a set of cupboards down that side like the ones on the RH side. Maybe the factory can deliver such a set.
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 01-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #40
CTM

RiderBloke I have thought of that but would rather have the cabinets instead of just the shelf. I still might have the factory send matching cabinets.

Cheers!

Tags
grey wolf