Old 09-19-2015, 05:36 PM   #21
RiderBloke

To keep stuff in that cabinet I got a piece of 1 X 1.5 inch wood, stuck Velcro at the ends and the matching Velcro on the inside of the cabinet uprights. The stick holds stuff in and I put 2 large stiff placemats on the inside against the stick also when traveling. Works OK. The stick can be pushed inwards to clear the Velcro and then put up over the back of the stuff in the cabinet. I also stained it expresso color.

Sent from my iPhone somewhere on the face of the earth using Tapatalk

RiderBloke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:46 PM   #22
Retired Techie

Put two of these for each door. One on door one on frame. Drop a pin through both holes when traveling

1998 Honda Valkerie
2016 Camping 148 days so far
moligney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:29 PM   #23
RiderBloke

2016 26rr

Ah! I misunderstood which cabinets. My recipe was for the one above the sink. My coffee pot and similar kitchen apparatus are in the cabinet I built for over the wheel arch. The stuff in the top cabinets are of a less breakable nature, but sometimes I have to catch them as I open the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2015, 01:59 PM   #24

I am getting my new 2016 Grey Wolf 26RR on Friday!
So stoked!

These are what I used in my other camper: Crown Bolt 2 in. Stainless-Steel Positive Lock Gate Hook and Eye-44241 - The Home Depot

They work great!
And come in a few different lengths.
Never had one fail on me in the 13 years I had them installed, as long as you get it to the locking part.
I will be installing them on my new rig, they look fine, I think that not having to pick everything off the floor when I get to camp is worth it!

Have the hook side on the cabinet with the eye on the door so they are not in your way.

I need to find a way to bring my 93 BMW K75 with me so Riderbloke, you will be hearing from me!

Steve...
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:51 PM   #25
RiderBloke

Loved the old K bikes. My first BMW was a 1984 K100RT in Australia. Loved it. When I was in Hawaii on Maui I bought and old K100 and loved that. The K75 is such a smooth motor. I currently ride an F800GT.
Look at my previous posts to see how I did mine. My front wheel is right on the rear axle line leaving some space behind the bike. Some others have mounted theirs further forward but the tongue weight in mine is nearly at max so I wanted it back a bit and I also wanted as much of the kitchen area as possible to be open useable space. That was my philosophy behind my build. I would spend some time measuring very carefully and not trusting the factory ring positions too much. I crawled underneath as advised by another person on the forums and felt through the membrane to find the beams and carefully measured over and over and my holes were dead right! Unlike the factory ones!
Good luck with the mods. Have a look at some of the boxes built over the wheel arch also (including mine) as they add a lot of storage.
I'll be happy to give you my 2 cents worth of advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk