Old 08-16-2015, 05:35 PM   #1

2016 26RR shelving questions.

My husband and I picked up our 2016 26RR yesterday and we are super excited as it is our very first RV. My 7 year old has been into motocross for about a year now and my husband just bought a bike for himself so they can hit the trails together. We are excited to use it for regular camping and when we are traveling to races.

I wanted to amp up the "empty" space in the cabinet under the TV, I was just wondering if anyone had purchased any shelving units that seem to work in that space? I'm looking for that to be part pantry area. My husband said, he could make one, but he prefers to "contract out" these days

Actually, and space saving suggestions for the shelving/cabinet areas that fellow 26RR owners have found work for them would be great. I'm really excited to start putting some personal touches in it.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:51 PM   #2

Congratulations and welcome to the forum from Wv

1 mutt
on occasion 1 DD
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:40 AM   #3

Congratulations on your purchase, you'll be very pleased with the layout of the26RR. We looked onto a shelf for that area and as of now have not found any. I'll probably make one myself for half of space and keep one side full for taller items. We found that various sizes of wicker baskets fit snug on the bathroom shelfs and travel nice. Same for under sink cabinets. Have fun with the new toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2014 Grey Wolf 25RR, 2012 F150 3.5ecoboost 3:55elocker 4x4 firestone air bags, 2004 HD Fatboy
0488FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:20 AM   #4

Thank you everyone! Like I said, we are super excited and just planned our first trip in a few weeks. We are in Michigan so we are trying to get a few trips out before we have to store her away for the winter.

After typing this, I ended up finding at Meijer (Midwest store) a wire stackable shelf that fit perfect into the cabinet under the TV. I bought three ($4.99 each) and stacked them up on one side of the cabinet and it looks/fits great. We are going to get two more for the other side so we can still use some of the space for taller items. They are perfect too for just one side if you wanted to use the other side for something else.

I'm still looking for the upper cabinets and some in the bathroom and the baskets are a great suggestion.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:58 PM   #5
RiderBloke

2016 26RR shelving questions.

Chicchica75,
I'm in Michigan also - a little farther up near Midland. We got our 26rr this year and have done a lot of mods to it. I put some shelves in that same cupboard, and I'll be removing the faux TV wall to gain access to the rest of the cupboard to enlarge the pantry. I am not carrying a TV but am using my Mac as a TV and have put a bathroom cabinet on its side under the right side shelves to hold it. I also built a cupboard that runs along the right side wheel arch and its holds a lot of kitchen equipment. I only have 1 bike to put in so I have some space.
I have done a lot of minor mods to gain cupboard space - straightening or removing some wood pieces inside cupboards that only cover the backs of switches or the water heater plug etc. I also put some struts to hold the bed up so it is easier to get stuff in and out from that space. I redirected the heater outlet in the kitchen unit to come through the front rather than just heat the stuff under the seat. I replaced the seat hinges with stronger ones as they were starting to bend. I have 3 fence posts under the rig for black water pipe and fittings, a spare, and the third for a ladder. All my interior lights are now LEDS - don't buy the expensive ones as they have been the ones to play up; the cheap ones work fine.
I replaced the bathroom fan with an automatic Fantastic fan and have added a rear vision camera and tire pressure monitors to the rig.
I went to the FROG Rally and that was excellent. I got the rig weighed without the bike and am pleased I will be able to easily put the bike in and still be well within weight.
Enjoy the rig. I like it a lot and my wife is vey happy also. I have yet to mount the bike in there and expect I will have to drill some more holes to do that well. I intend to spend the winter in it down south.
Just one warning - if you have an Equalizer hitch and turn very sharply watch it does not crush the safety chains. Mine had to be relocated and replaced at the rally because of this.
Safe journeys.

Sent from somewhere on the face of the earth with my iPad using Forest River Forums
Toyota Tundra towing 2016 Grey Wolf RR
24 nights camping & 1450 miles so far (August 17)
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:26 PM   #6

my wife would like a pic if possible thank you we love our 26rr getting ready for vac in two weeks we added struts to the over head cabinets above the window on the right side and in the front bed over head cabinets also moved the clothing rails back about 1 1/2 so that the close better with hangers also added touch lights in the closets still trying to figure out what to do with the table when bike is in the back
Old 08-18-2015, 08:22 PM   #7
RiderBloke

Here are a few pics if this works on my iPad.
These are all that I could get to work. Unless you need the table to make a king size bed, store it in your basement and get the $39 folding table from Walmart which will fold up and store under the bed.
Let me know what other pix you would like.
I'd like to know how you tied your bike in as that's my current project.
Thanks.

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1439942831.611705.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  102.9 KB
Attachment 1

Sent from somewhere on the face of the earth with my iPad using Forest River Forums
Toyota Tundra towing 2016 Grey Wolf RR
24 nights camping & 1450 miles so far (August 17)
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2015, 09:52 PM   #8

i will let you know haven't hauled the bike yet have a permanent camp site sense we bought in may will be the first time out with except when we got it
Old 08-19-2015, 02:06 PM   #9
Canadian eh'

Hi RiderBloke,
Question. What did you mean by this comment;

"I replaced the seat hinges with stronger ones as they were starting to bend" --Which seats were you referring to? The dinette couches? I will be getting a 22RR this weekend and am concerned about how the couches will hold up.

Thanks.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:11 PM   #10
RiderBloke

Fusionak,
The 26RR has 2 longitudinal seats at the rear (see the pix I posted) and the hinges are a little thin IMHO as some were bending. I used door hinges in their place.
Anything to strengthen the trailer. ��