Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #1

2020 Wolf Pup 18 RJB

Hey there~! first post- any WP 18RJB owners on here? I have one on reserve in Denver and want to know if there are any issues good/bad?

Thanks in advance~!
Tim
Timboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Use the search box at the upper right on the page there are many articles there to answer your questions.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #3
RV There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timboat View Post
Hey there~! first post- any WP 18RJB owners on here? I have one on reserve in Denver and want to know if there are any issues good/bad?

Thanks in advance~!
Tim
First, Welcome! second, that looks like a great trailer. its stick and tin built. we bought a 2018 17RP (similar to yours) and it has been great! check your speaker and stereo wiring, its usually wrong.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:59 PM   #4

2020 Wolf Pup 18 RJB

I just purchased one, picked it up of Friday!!
Refdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:15 PM   #5

I bought a 2020 18RJB Black Edition last week. I haven't used it yet but the water heater leaked from the cold inlet and I had to disassemble and apply Teflon tape to stop the leak. Service at my stealership is a joke. Paul Sherry RV in Piqua, OH. Also, the exteriors lights come on when you flip the battery disconnect switch so something is wired wrong...

That's all I know so far.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:34 PM   #6

My first post. I bought a 2020 18 RJB Limited back in September. It is my first camper, we've taken it out a few times for weekend trips. I chose a toy hauler because I am paralyzed and need a manual wheelchair full time. The ramp allows access. I chose the 18 RJB in particular because of the floor plan. The space from the entrance door to the wall of the bathroom, which is the amount of bed access, is ~42 inches (see picture with dogs). Just enough for me to park my chair next to and hop in the bed. Every other floor plan I was looking at has narrow entrances into the bedroom.

Our second trip out last weekend the bed lift piston completely buckled, with no weight on it, so that's on the to-do list. All-in-all it works for me and my wife with enough room for the two dogs. Pulling it with a 2013 Nissan Frontier crew, 6ft bed. The Frontier is about as high as I want to transfer in and out of on a daily basis. It pulls fine, just kills gas. I have an e2 Fastway WDH and it works great. I also swapped out the jack for an electric, which was a pain because they cross-threaded the crap out of all the bolts. Had to crowbar one out retap them, no biggie but still irked me. A 15 minute swap ended up being much more time/effort.

I also bought a Derale trans cooler, plan to put that in maybe this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bed.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	218019   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1090.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	218020   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3617.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	218021   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3614.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	516.2 KB
ID:	218022  
Tman9513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:35 PM   #7

Just bought and took delivery on a 2020 18RJB. I'm just full of questions, but one to start - is there a cable TV inlet? and if so where? I sure cannot find it.
fpopjfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:40 PM   #8

I don't think it has one. Mine is in storage right now so I can't check for sure.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 12:32 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpopjfj View Post
Just bought and took delivery on a 2020 18RJB. I'm just full of questions, but one to start - is there a cable TV inlet? and if so where? I sure cannot find it.
The Wolf Pup webpage only mentions tv antenna and hookups, no mention of cable hookups.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:59 AM   #10

If the plate where your tv antenna cable comes out of the wall and plugs into the tv has a little light and very small button on it, you may be able to use your antenna hook up with cable TV.

Run a coax with the cable signal to your antenna hook up, press the tiny button on the plate so the little light go out and then turn your tv to cable input and do a scan and see if it works. The little button and light are a signal booster which helps with over the air signals but prevents cable signals from being displayed. Turning it off generally will allow the cable signal through.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:49 AM   #11

Thanks everyone, I'm beginning to believe there isn't a cable hookup. I'll just have to make one.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:07 PM   #12

Hope everyone is staying well. Here is my next question: how big of a TV can be hung on the mounts in an 2020 18RJB Toyhauler and where can I get the mounts? Do any Forest River or Cherokee staff get on this forum? Thanks in advance and everyone stay well.
Found a place to buy the mounts. Made by Paw International and they are sold on Amazon and Ebay.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:01 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Do any Forest River or Cherokee staff get on this forum?
There are only 2 or 3 FR employees who actually get on the Forum. Never been any from the Cherokee division.
There is a FR software system that spits out a contact post every so often, to many having issues. You'll probably be able to find some of these contact posts, in the Cherokee sub-forum. It should have some Cherokee contact personnel names in them. These posts come from ES_FR.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 03-17-2020, 07:49 AM   #14

Thanks for the come-back, I'll check out the Cherokee forum
Old 03-17-2020, 01:48 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks for the come-back, I'll check out the Cherokee forum
Check out this thread and Post #3:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...d.php?t=203391
Old 07-08-2020, 10:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Hope everyone is staying well. Here is my next question: how big of a TV can be hung on the mounts in an 2020 18RJB Toyhauler and where can I get the mounts? Do any Forest River or Cherokee staff get on this forum? Thanks in advance and everyone stay well.
Found a place to buy the mounts. Made by Paw International and they are sold on Amazon and Ebay.
Did you find the answer to what size tv you could mount?
Ali C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:03 AM   #17
RV There Yet?

Quote:
Thanks everyone, I'm beginning to believe there isn't a cable hookup. I'll just have to make one.
You should have an outside cable connection next to your power and tv hookups by the outdoor speakers. you can connect your cable to this and it brings the connection inside. make sure to turn off the antenna inside. see the picture attached for location.

Edit: it looks like you will be able to get about a 23 inch tv to fit on that mount.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	87
Size:	570.0 KB
ID:	233523  
Old 07-09-2020, 09:14 AM   #18

Thanks for the comeback, I'll sure check that out. Right now I am using a flat cable adapter that fits through the emergency window.

Joe Johnson
MSGT, USAF RET.
Cocoa, Florida
Old 07-09-2020, 04:52 PM   #19

I think not having a campground TV cable input is one of those little cost saving measures on the Wolf Pups.

The exterior 75ohm TV connection is for output and is routed through a few electronics components on the antenna amplifier control panel.

What I did was pop off the interior cabinet panel hiding the back of the antenna amplifier TV outlet. Figured out which line went to the exterior TV connection (outgoing) and connected that to a new TV connection panel I added near the inside factory one. I use the former outside TV output as a campground Cable input. Since it is now just a cable connected inside to out, I can use a short jumper from the original amplified antenna output to the new panel to send the signal outside if I ever wanted to mount an outside TV. I do have to run the campground TV Supply cable under the TT unlike the rest of the hookups.

Last option: You can buy on Amazon a through the wall TV cable kit that consists of an exterior single jack on a round plate, a 6” or so coaxial cable and an interior jack plate. Drill a hole through the wall, attach the cable to the exterior plate, push cable through wall, seal and screw on exterior plate, attach cable to interior plate, Push excess cable into wall, screw on interior plate.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:32 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
I think not having a campground TV cable input is one of those little cost saving measures on the Wolf Pups.
Yep, some entry level trailers, like the Wolf Pup, often have the cable hookups or rear stabilizers, as an option.

Tags
wolf pup