Old 10-07-2019, 03:51 PM   #1

25 pack 12 questions for newbie

hello all,i just purchased a 2019 25 pack 12+ and have a couple questions.first is when I mount my tv to the tv backer board above the fireplace do I remove it when towing? also what are you guys using as a weight distribution/sway set up and hauling 1 or a couple 950 lb Harleys? I have a equalizer 4 point but that thing is awful trying to get the correct set up to keep sway away.i am towing with a 2019 ram 2500 with the 6.4 hemi and 3.73 gearing.thanks for any helpful tips.

ultrascott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrascott View Post
hello all,i just purchased a 2019 25 pack 12+ and have a couple questions.first is when I mount my tv to the tv backer board above the fireplace do I remove it when towing? also what are you guys using as a weight distribution/sway set up and hauling 1 or a couple 950 lb Harleys? I have a equalizer 4 point but that thing is awful trying to get the correct set up to keep sway away.i am towing with a 2019 ram 2500 with the 6.4 hemi and 3.73 gearing.thanks for any helpful tips.
I remove the TV mounted in the Bedroom when underway. I use a mount that allows the tv assembly to be slid out of the wall assembly without any tools. Just slide it up and out then lay it on the bed. I think I use this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Suptek-Lockab...482963&sr=8-13

I don't use a WDH but my truck doesn't require one up to the maximum 2000lb tongue weight so I can't help you there but I'd be careful with loading two Harleys in the trailer...just filling the fresh water tank with two bikes would put you over the weight limit for cargo capacity on your trailer.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #3

I always left the tv on the wall when travelling, never had an issue.

I used the Equalizer hitch too and loved it. Take your time setting up per the manual and it will work great, I never had sway issues, I was pulling with a Chevy 2500 diesel.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:06 AM   #4

Thanks guys for the info. I mounted a 50Ē in the living room and itís a perfect fit between the doors. Iím gonna go back over my hitch setup for sure cause it definitely isnít right. I donít think Iíll ever haul with a full tank cause i wonít boondock
Old 10-09-2019, 04:05 PM   #5

You have the best hitch. available.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrascott View Post
Weve got 2018 25 pack 12..pulling with 2017 F250 King Ranch diesel..Had an extra leaf added to rear for balance. On scale truck is 4780lbs on front axel 3780lbs rear axel GW 8560 ...with empty trailer on scale truck front 4420lbs rear 5600lbs trailer 8000lbs ( 18,020lbs).... With full loads of fuel, water and two Harley Davidson Deluxes in garage 4540lbs front axel 5160lbs rear axel...trailer 9940lbs...total 19640 lbs. Two months ago I got rid of Castle rock tires n put on Goodyear Endurance...at 62 mph mileage went from 9 to 13 . Condor Bike system fastened to 3/4 plywood then using clamps to floor loops . Dealer had to redo factory TV mount as no bracing present fo tv mount. Got Dish tailgater works well !Welcome to the group...juice
juice5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:14 AM   #7

I've got the same trailer, we went on a 3300 mile trip to South Dakota over the summer, I also have a equalizer 4pt hitch, it did a good job, but I still got pushed and had some sway by the semi's, after a 600 mile day I was worn out, I decided to bite the bullet and order a Propride hitch, its sitting on the garage floor waiting on the install, everything I've read and heard from talking to people say its a dramatic difference, so we will see soon. I bought two more of the tv mounts that was installed in the living room but only have a 32inch on them, they handled the trip good. I'll come back and give an update once the hitch is installed and a good test run has been done
2020 Wolfpack 25PACK12
2018 Harley Road Glide Special
jdbunch1630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbunch1630 View Post
I've got the same trailer, we went on a 3300 mile trip to South Dakota over the summer, I also have a equalizer 4pt hitch, it did a good job, but I still got pushed and had some sway by the semi's, after a 600 mile day I was worn out, I decided to bite the bullet and order a Propride hitch, its sitting on the garage floor waiting on the install, everything I've read and heard from talking to people say its a dramatic difference, so we will see soon. I bought two more of the tv mounts that was installed in the living room but only have a 32inch on them, they handled the trip good. I'll come back and give an update once the hitch is installed and a good test run has been done
Do you have any pictures of the mounting location of the tv in the garage? Lmk how that hitch does for sure

Tags