Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #1

25RR and ATV+M/C hauling

I just bought a 25rr last month. Still haven't used it yet, but I have put my 2 ATVs in it to see how they fit. I have standard 1 up machines (2011 Can-Am 650XTP, and a Yamaha Grizzly 550) With one machine all the way to the ramp door, the front ATV only has 2 tie downs. This was something I had noticed before buying it, but figured I could add 2 more tie down D rings. Has anyone done this themselves? Where did you get the parts? I figured I would anchor them to the metal cross beam under the floor. Any guidance is certainly appreciated.

We also are planning to haul our 2 Harleys, 1 Dyna Super glide and a Vrod. I have seen the kit on boltiton.com and it looks slick. The bikes are nominally 110" long and this would place the front of the bikes between the sink and the wall with ~59" of width. Has anyone here hauled 2 bikes?

Thanks for any help

Bruce
Erhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #2

I read on here some where & seen a pic of added tie downs. How well does your 4-wheelers fit? would one fit all the way up to the bed if it had tie downs there?
blevinsbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #3

I don't have the same toy hauler, but I have the same situation. I transport an off road buggy and an ATV. I used the winch of one to mate the two machines together, then used the ties downs for the machine in back. Works fine. Obviously that won't work for your bikes.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #4

I had a dealer install 2 more inside the side entrance, they tied into a cross member. I know the service manager, had the redressed D rings installed and a camco vent cover installed, paid a whooping 90 bucks including labor, hardly worth me trying to do it myself.
2013 campouts:1
recon33alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #5

I haul a Can-Am Spyder and a Vulcan voyager in a 27WP. I added 2 tie downs for the bike in the front. I think I ordered the tie downs from Amazon. They came with a back plate for reinforcement. Just figure out where you want to put them, cut a slit in the underside weather barrier, reach up and feel around to make sure you can put them where you want, then drill your holes, and seal it back up when you’re done. I also used a quick release motorcycle chock for the front bike.
Top B is offline   Reply With Quote