Old 08-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #1

25RR mods pics

Who doesn't want to do solar. I won't bore you with the details but this was one serious pain in the butt. What I wanted was for it to be an awning to cover the ramp which would act as a deck. What I did worked but it was not for the feint of heart at all. This took a long time to think through the problems and complete.

I have two more panels that will go on it. Just haven't gotten them attached yet. It is yet another redneck engineering job I have to work on because they will swing over on top of the two in the middle. Thus protecting them and keeping them from hanging out past the camper while going down the road. I've figured out how to do it, just need to get motivated.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #2

See,,, instant shade. I'll cover the gap between the solar panels and camper with some kind of material. Two more solar panels wide and I'll have good shade. Plus a lot of stares.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #3

I totally redid the back of the camper which leaves the bench seats up the vast majority of the time. What to do with them damn cushions?? I know, buy some memory foam off of Amazon and build me one very very comfy bed. My girlfriend has back problems and I do also. We both sleep just fine on this and interestingly enough the cushions fit perfectly.

Didn't have to throw the cushions out and viola, instant comfy bed. The thing on the right is my dresser equivalent. Got it from Lowes and is meant for a closet. So it's kinda shallow. Perfect.

I also have an inflatable queen sized bed. Just in case.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #4

This started out just going to be a mount for a TV in the front bed area. Since I was having so much fun staining and putting polyurethane on any wood I could get my hands on I got carried away. Now it's a 24" smart tv with blueray player and with a laptop and with speakers/subwoofer combo. Came out real nice. Sounds and looks real good.

I decided to go all out after somebody gave me a laptop. Might was well have instant information gratification going on.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #5

I was going for comfy and ease of use. Accomplished both pretty well. I have been thinking of abandoning my current network admin life and go do something else with the money I have saved. Or, hide in the desert and wait for Vladamir Putin to launch some nukes because he's tired of Nato member nations messing with his energy revenue by way of former satellite countries.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #6

I had laid a piece of finished wood on the carpeted wheel area and thought "Wait a second, that could look good". And bam, a place to put some shoes in style was borne.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #7

Found some cheap butterfly chairs at Walmart. They weighed nothing and were damn comfy. If they were comfy by their own right they could only be more comfy with some cushions. The bench seat hurt my butt when sitting for long periods (like watching a movie). It was uncomfortable. This is much much better. I have fallen asleep in them twice.

In between them is a storage container with a finished piece of wood on it. Makes a good table and very stable. Plus holds a lot of stuff. Perfect height for putting a plate of food on also.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #8

There is a lot of technology in the camper. But I wanted it very liveable and I like to cook. I decided to put pots and pans where the blueray player and other technology was before. If you peek under the bottom shelf you'll see it is absolutely full of ethernet cables, HDMI cables, etc.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #9

The little basket is great for dropping billfold, phone, keys, etc onto as you come in. The dragonfly hooks hold a coat or other article of clothing real nice.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #10

A look at the TV while facing the chairs. The shelf to the left is where I'll put my all powerful alienware netbook (very fast). The netbook can power the monitors on the desk but it can also be hooked to the TV if I wish.

I do a lot of work on computers. So a workstation with three monitors was a must. Being able to face that little TV anywhere in the camper was a must also. Time to make me a complex curry dish from a Youtube video.

Tags
modifications