Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #1

25RR / Tires

I know there are lots of threads out there on tires. Not looking to debate whether it is right or wrong, I just have a few specific questions I have not found an answer to. (and specifically related to the 25RR)

1. has anyone replaced their factory tires and rims with larger E rated tires and rims?
2. what size did you go with?
3. what size bolt pattern, and what is the offset on the rims you used?
4. where did you get them?

Thanks for the help, my camper is currently in indoor storage and not easily accessible. I’d like to order something up before I take it out of storage in the spring.
dieseldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:53 PM   #2

Yep! Replaced the OEM wheels and tires in October when we pulled out of the campground for the season. We have a 2013 19rr and after barely 7,000 miles, the edges were toast and we thought we were lucky to get it to the tire dealer. Went with a set of radials with a like weight rating, just a pinch wider though. I've got OEM rims for sale if anyone wants em!

Sportster
...happy we did that i tell ya
hd87sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply! I also replaced my bias tires with radials after 3000 miles. I'm glad I did that also because they are a huge improvement, but now I'm looking to upgrade to load range E tires.
From what I am finding, the load range E do not come in our stock size tires and rims. I'm thinking larger tires and rims will fit but was hoping someone has already done this modification and could confirm.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #4

I have a wolf pack 295 fifth wheel, bought it new and had the dealer change the tires to 10 ply before I picked it up. my last 2 tt toyhaulers ( '06 wolf pack 30wp and before that a tail gator 210 ) got them too cause the factory tires were the cheapest they could get away with and wore incredibly fast for myself. also if you can do this yourself ( I have and found it reall easy ) add the ez flex with wet bolts Dexter Axle - Trailer Axles and Running Gear Components - K71-652-00 E-Z Flex® Complete Tandem Kit so you can grease them and shocks Dexter Axle - Trailer Axles and Running Gear Components - Shock Kit
you would be surprised at the diff in ride and handling behind the tv. don't know if this helps but just a thought while you have the wheels off.

fun to watch anyway

'21 dune sport fire storm custom toyhauler
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #5

Thanks DS, it is great advise. I ordered my trailer and add the ez flex as an option. I can say they work great and the trailer rides super smooth. I echo your sentiments and also recommend them to anyone who doesn't have them.

Tags
tire, tires