Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2017, 12:54 PM   #1

26RR Furion Solar

Has anyone purchased and using a Solar Panel system that ties into the Furrion Solar hookup outside on the 26RR? I am looking for a reasonably priced simple system to help keep single deep cycle battery charged.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sooner Schooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #2

This looks like a good kit:
https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Monocr...ds=solar+panel

We are going to upgrade the converter and change to 2 6V deep cycle batteries in the next month or so. I might add these as well.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:52 PM   #3
World Wide Wanderer

Renogy is good stuff. I have a 100 watt suitcase kit that I bought with our last RV to keep the batteries topped up. I had to buy an adapter to go from the Furion to the solar panels. I bought a Zamp to Furrion adapter for ~$40, plug and play. You might be able to find the Furrion plug on Ebay for less. I will have to see if I can find the part number.

Be aware that the stock Furrion plug is only rated for 10 amps, IIRC it is fused at 7 amps. A 200 watt solar rig should be able to push ~11 amps on a good day, most of the time it will be under that.

Eventually I do plan to go with roof mount and keep the portable for backup and shady sites.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:48 PM   #4

Renogy on Amazon is what I was looking at. FYI! If you hook up to the Furion hookup outside with something else, it is wired backwards. The furion setups I was looking at where close to $400 for like 50 watts, same thing with there backup cameras.
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:08 AM   #5

I have this and I bought the connector for the 22RR I have on Ebay. https://www.amazon.com/ECO-WORTHY-Po...panel+suitcase

Here is the adapter on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pins-Indus...cAAOSwEzxYR2jY
Rbarnes69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar