Thanks to the great contributions by the many members of this forum I am very close to buying a Cherokee 26rr. You all have been very helpful in my decision and I'm pretty sure this trailer is the right choice for me.
I'm also leaning strongly toward getting an Andersen weight distributing hitch. I've read just about everything I can find on it and think it is probably the right choice for me as well.
I'll be buying the trailer from a dealer a couple of time zones away. I'd like to order the hitch beforehand and get it set up as quickly as possible. So I have a few questions that I hope other owners can help me with:
- What is the vertical measurement of the frame of this trailer on the tongue in the area where a weight distributing bracket will attach? That is, what bracket should I order with the Andersen hitch?
- Is there any wiring or anything else in that area that I'll need to work around or relocate so that I can attach the brackets?
- What is the height from the ground to the bottom of your trailer coupler with the trailer level?
- What make and model of trailer coupler does this trailer come with? Andersen hitches seem to have a conflict with one or two particular couplers.
- And can you confirm that this trailer coupler uses a 2-5/16" towball?
Thanks all for your help and advice. I'm really looking forward to this purchase and getting a lot of use from this trailer.