Old 04-21-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
Send a message via Yahoo to Moose

Ok so I just bought one today... and i didnt get a chance to read all the posts before I went through with the deal. This is my first trailer so go easy on me...
I think the trailer i bought has the standard axles on it... 3500# with a ship weight of 5899#, since my GVRW is 8011#... this will possibly cause me an issue if i want to have water and my ATV's on any trips I take... my quads are all light weight, combined weighing in at roughly 1500#, this is only a couple hundred #'s over the GVRW... how terrible is that for me to do? What are the actual risks... could I really snap an axle or is it a sway/driving issue, will I fry my brakes, whats the real potential for problems? If this is a major issue, should I hold the dealer responsible for getting me the better axles/wheels since he knew what i wanted to haul and he recommended this trailer? I see that other people have done that, this feels like its probably my fault for not educating myself independently...

EDIT: Nevermind... I just found out that they changed the water tank to a 50 gallon from a 110 gallon and apparently I dont need to travel everywhere with it full. I dont see how to delete this thread or i would have.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have each other.

09 Cherokee Wolf Pack 27DFWP
08 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 (Hers)
08 Yamaha Wolverine SE 450 4x4 (His)
07 Polaris Outlaw 500
05 Ford F-150 5.4L 4x4
- 4" fatboy lift kit
- 34" BFG M/T's
- K&N Cold Air Intake w/ Throttle body spacer
- Custom 'X' Pipe Exhaust by ASAPerformance
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

27dfwp, cherokee wolfpack