Old 06-01-2015, 09:52 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCinOK View Post
2016 27rr
I love that smooth fiberglass finish on the exterior walls!!! Looks great!!!

Old 06-01-2015, 10:42 PM   #102

Ok. Mine doesn't have that

Old 06-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #103

Thanks. We ordered it without seeing the fiber glass, needless to say, i am really impressed
Old 06-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #104

Did you scrap the tv mount that was there for that 39"? Or are you keeping the smaller tv on it for the garage mount or outdoor mount? I'm also replacing the tv in mine for something bigger.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:38 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeulemans View Post
Did you scrap the tv mount that was there for that 39"? Or are you keeping the smaller tv on it for the garage mount or outdoor mount? I'm also replacing the tv in mine for something bigger.
I attached some pics of the finished project. I ditched the cheesy looking faux rock panel and behind it is a real piece of wood to attach the tv mount to. I also added one more piece inside the cabinet so I could utilize some heavy decking screws to make sure the tv never falls while in tow. One of the pics is a row of hooks I added under the switch panel cabinet for keys and hats. The only reason for that pic is those are bronzed hooks that were a dollar for a pack of 20 at walmart. IF you remove the faux rock panel, you will have 4 screw holes and those hooks are great for filling the 4 holes and being able to add a strap over tv while in tow. As for the 24" tv and mount, they are in the original box under the bed now. LOL

You will also notice the mount I used allows the tv to slide out to the left as you are looking at it by about 5" for full view of screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	z.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	80312   Click image for larger version

Name:	zz.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	80313   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzz.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	80314   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzz.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	80315   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzz.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	80316  

Old 06-17-2015, 10:49 PM   #106

Thanks for the pics. My unit didnt come with a tv unfortunately, so i'm working from scratch trying to figure out the best wa y to do it. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilwilliams101 View Post
I attached some pics of the finished project. I ditched the cheesy looking faux rock panel and behind it is a real piece of wood to attach the tv mount to. I also added one more piece inside the cabinet so I could utilize some heavy decking screws to make sure the tv never falls while in tow. One of the pics is a row of hooks I added under the switch panel cabinet for keys and hats. The only reason for that pic is those are bronzed hooks that were a dollar for a pack of 20 at walmart. IF you remove the faux rock panel, you will have 4 screw holes and those hooks are great for filling the 4 holes and being able to add a strap over tv while in tow. As for the 24" tv and mount, they are in the original box under the bed now. LOL

You will also notice the mount I used allows the tv to slide out to the left as you are looking at it by about 5" for full view of screen.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:18 PM   #107

What brand/model mount did you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilwilliams101 View Post

Old 06-18-2015, 09:02 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeulemans View Post
What brand/model mount did you use?
For all those that may be wondering, last night I ditched the 24" LG TV and mounted a 39" Insignia TV and a Insignia 20.00 TV mount on the wall where the 24" was. The FAUX rock stuff looked pretty mickey mouse to me, so I removed it. The 39" TV fits absolutely PERFECT!!! I bought everything at best buy and it was 280.00 incl sales tax.

I opted for going overboard as I usually do, and cut a 20" piece of 5/4 decking board to put inside the cabinet directly behind TV mount so that I could use 2+1/2" deck screws and make the mount rock solid. I really believe the TV can now stay on the mount when in tow.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:51 PM   #109

I am FINALLY done modifying the 27RR! I traded it for a Puma Unleashed 351 THSS 5th wheel. LOL

The 27RR is a awesome unit and a lot of bang for the buck, just decided we wanted more and found a dealer willing to make more happen at a really good price.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:38 AM   #110

27 RR Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandf1 View Post
I am lookin seriously at a 27rr but only have a 1/2 ton silverado Z71 with town package. I am wanting to put my 800lb goldwing in it and travel. I saw a rzr was loaded but my concern is that the weight will drag me down so much that I will be climbing hills at 45mph.
Can someone with a 1/2 ton give me some insight as to what I can expect?
Bought our 2014 27RR last fall n towed it 10 miles home with my new chev suburban.....I told my wife we "Need More Truck" ! She bought me a 2014 F250 powerstroke lariat crew cab ! No special towing apparatus needed ! Put 15 K on the rig with two Harleys in the Garage from Minnesota to Arkansas, West Coast,east coast ect over winter...installed two "Condor" quick release plates in garage floor for Harlys"....when the Harleys arnt in it its rigged forsteelhead and salmon flyfishin. I added a floor to ceiling whit board over portside wheelwerll in garage then from that board to the overhead bin a close rod of one inc pipe to hang vests waders cloths n jackets. lower part of white board (against toilet wall) has 3 plastic"Bag shelves for maps books n tools. Slideout framing screws rattle loose very 40 miles so solution to this is coming. Did wheel bearing grease at ten K ...added two more batteries on a HD tray behind gas supply. Most important is get tubes of silicone caulk ....get underneath AND CAULK EVERY ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL PENETRATION ENCAPSULATE WIRING HARNESE To PREVENT VIBRATION DAMAGE....after a day to set up then get back under ther and "Insure the mechanical (plumbing, tankage) and Electrical support system" Note" get Rubber spray or Rustoleum spray and Paint your "Pre Rusted" steel gas main to the first copper fitting ! loaded diesel mileage at 65mph is 14+ mpg...with addition of inflatable bage at rearramp door for streamlining hoping for 17 plus...photos on next post

Tags
grey wolf