Old 07-14-2015, 08:21 PM   #111

I have had my 27rr for 3 1/2 months now and absolutely love it. I have pulled it to Yellowstone, Washington DC, St Louis, and Upstate New York. with absolutely no problems. I am pulling with a 1500 Silverado LTZ with a 6.2L with an equalizer hitch. The horsepower and torque of this truck is plenty. Even going up some VERY LONG STEEP grades in Wyoming and Montana, I had absolutely no problems. EVEN when it was 100 degrees. I have installed airbags because of the soft suspension on the 1500 and have installed an aftermarket transmission cooler even though the truck had an factory installed tranny cooler (It was pretty small.) As far as the 27rr. I have had no problems whatsoever. We have a residential refrigerator which works only on an inverter or of course 120v hook up. The single battery I have lasts through the night when we dry camp, but I am thinking of installing another battery just incase we want to drycamp longer.

I am not sure about your Z71. You will want to double check your towing capacity and the payload rating located on your truck. A lot of people are down on pulling with a 1/2 ton especially with a unit as long as the 27rr, but I am within all my ratings and have towed in heavy wind, up and down hills, and have NEVERE "Whiter knuckled" it like some suggest. I get about 9mpg traveling between 60 and 70mph. The truck really seems happy at about 60-65mph. I don't try to kill myself uphills, but i have never had a loss of power.

I've never towed with a 2500 or F250, but when I look at the numbers, there is not enough of a difference to counter the additional cost. I tow about 12-16 weeks a year and I love having the 1500 for regular day to day travel. I know all 1/2 tons are not the same so you do have to be careful to check the ratings on your truck and check your weights at the scales. When I am hauling my Victory Cross Country (over 950lbs) the hitch weight is even lighter than the manufacture numbers due to the additional weight in the rear.

Again, I am not sure of your specs for the Z71, but I am very happy with my set-up. I know others will call me crazy and will go into hysterics because I am pulling with a 1/2 ton. But in my travels this summer, the 1/2 ton is more popular than they would admit.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:30 PM   #112

Is anyone having issues with the air conditioning keeping up the mid day heat?

Old 07-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #113

We used ours in Yellowstonecwhen it was in the upper 80's during the day. Since we weren't there I had the thermostat set at 78 with the fan on Auto. We came back in the late afternoon and it was working fine, set the temp down to 72 and it was fine. We had to keep the doors open between the bathroom and the garage but, we didn't have any problems. I have heard on other forums of units icing up and people having to install second units. I have not had any issues.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:35 AM   #114

I have the 15,000 ac unit in mine and it cooled fine at the Little Sahara in Oklahoma on a hundred degree day. I set up about 2:30 in the afternoon and it took a little while to get comfortable inside. I had it set at 78 degrees. I don't know if they are all the same but mine has a register on the unit itself that when opened allows additional cold air to dump straight down which helps to cool quickly.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:15 PM   #115

light control panel

There is no labeling on the light switches on the side of the cabinet by the front door, the water and battery, slide, and awning are labeled. Does anyone know which switch turns on what? I think the set of 2 that are above the set of 3 are for the blue LED lights inside and out, but I am unsure of the set of 3.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:35 PM   #116

Did you try them? The three are the cabin lights, amber porch light and white porch light or scare light. The two are the blue strips as you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:50 PM   #117

When we tried them all the lights were switched off and nothing came on until we turned the individual lights on, so I am assuming it is a master switch? Thank you so much!!
Old 08-13-2015, 02:13 PM   #118

Not all of them but most of them. The ones in the br, kitchen, bath and under the helmet racks are independent. For the rest we leave them all turned on and only use the switch by the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:17 PM   #119

Thank you so much for the help! We thought we were losing out minds!
huntter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:09 PM   #120

First post my wife and I just ordered a 2016 27RR limited an upgrade from a 2010 19RR. We should get in the first week of September we have never been on one we've been on the 26RR and loved it then we saw the 27RR on line and said that's it that's the one with it having the slide out and all perfect! The garage is big enough for our 2008 Street Glide Harley Davidson. We're thinking of getting a golf cart as well but don't know if both of them will squeeze inside the RV at the same time?

Tags
grey wolf