Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2016, 02:15 PM   #301
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Bradenville, PA
Posts: 13
Just picked up and towed the trailer home today through the mountains in a rain storm with high winds coming across mountain tops. Did ok but was squatting the rear end pretty good. The dealership said that I don't need to use my air bags (AirLift 1000) with the equalizer hitch but I am going to. It bounces too much when I hit bumps and sits a little too low in the rear, although the rzr should help out some too. Truck had no problem pulling or stopping the trailer and held good down 8 percent grade in 5th gear, didn't even touch brakes
__________________

__________________
2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Hemi 8 speed 4x4 3.92 Gears
2016 Grey Wolf 27RR Limited
2014 Polaris RZR 800
JoshHockey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:43 PM   #302
Usually Confused Member
 
emm-dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHockey95 View Post
Just picked up and towed the trailer home today through the mountains in a rain storm with high winds coming across mountain tops. Did ok but was squatting the rear end pretty good. The dealership said that I don't need to use my air bags (AirLift 1000) with the equalizer hitch but I am going to. It bounces too much when I hit bumps and sits a little too low in the rear, although the rzr should help out some too. Truck had no problem pulling or stopping the trailer and held good down 8 percent grade in 5th gear, didn't even touch brakes
I talked to Equal-I-zer and Blue Ox and both said to set the Airlift bags to 35 psi before before setting up the hitch.
__________________

__________________
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:38 PM   #303
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Bradenville, PA
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I talked to Equal-I-zer and Blue Ox and both said to set the Airlift bags to 35 psi before before setting up the hitch.
Thanks that's what I was wondering what the proper way to set it up is, since I'm likely going to re set it up with my rzr in it. I'm not sure they set it up properly anyhow, because my truck was squatted more than I would think it should be.
__________________
2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Hemi 8 speed 4x4 3.92 Gears
2016 Grey Wolf 27RR Limited
2014 Polaris RZR 800
JoshHockey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:45 AM   #304
Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Western Iowa
Posts: 565
You should check into adding a leaf spring. It's much cheaper and stiffens things up nicely. It worked great for my trailer.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2012 Ford F-150 EB 3.73
2015 Forest River 25RR
2004 Honda GL1800
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:36 PM   #305
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 54
ChipBruce, snow has melted and am working on my to do list for camping, back to the roll up screen door, I have the screen and channel, now my question is, what are we screwing into? Is it metal or wood?
__________________
2015 Grey Wolf 27RR Limited
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi
2011 H-D Ultra Classic
BKM1066 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:10 PM   #306
Senior Member
 
ChipBruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM1066 View Post
ChipBruce, snow has melted and am working on my to do list for camping, back to the roll up screen door, I have the screen and channel, now my question is, what are we screwing into? Is it metal or wood?
Wood. I used short dry wall screws. It hasn't budged! Won't either! Good luck. I put the screen in the channel on the ground and then hung as one piece. Easy-peasy, as my grand daughter says.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
__________________
Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO


ChipBruce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:54 PM   #307
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 54
Thanks, just finished finished installing, very easy.
__________________
2015 Grey Wolf 27RR Limited
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi
2011 H-D Ultra Classic
BKM1066 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:44 AM   #308
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: West Central Indiana
Posts: 18
27RR tires

Just an update from earlier post, I upgraded the tires 14 inch to
15 inch D load and everything worked fine as it turns out there is more than enough room for the larger tires, could have gone to 16 inch.
Just though I would post what I found out.
__________________
jertourrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:59 AM   #309
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks for the update on tire load range and stepping up to a 15" rim. i am going to go that route as my can am commander 1000 puts me right at the load limits of the tire and a little breathing room will be nice. I load up the machine in backwards and that seems to help with weight distribution. its a 2016 27rr built in feb "16". Using a 2006 Ram 2500 CTD to pull it. Such a great camper, we love it. Its our first and it works out well for my two young sons (6 months, and 2 years) and wife. So far we have used it twice out at big scrub campground in ocala national forest and no issues at all. Great machine! Glad i found this thread/ forum!
__________________
Waveslider330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:07 PM   #310
RiderBloke
 
RiderBloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sanford, MI
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertourrider View Post
Just an update from earlier post, I upgraded the tires 14 inch to

15 inch D load and everything worked fine as it turns out there is more than enough room for the larger tires, could have gone to 16 inch.

Just though I would post what I found out.


That's a good idea. What rims and from where and what tires, and just to be more nosey, what prices did the rims and tires run? If they fit a 27RR they will fit a 26RR I believe.
__________________

__________________
Retired Intentional Interim Minister
Member of the BMW MOA
Saginaw Valley BMW Riders
RiderBloke is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
grey wolf

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.