Old 08-24-2016, 08:13 AM   #351

27RR

We recently sold our 97 Holiday Rambler RV due to constant chassis repairs, great coach tho. Since my wife and I fell in love with camping and got the bug we decided to get a unit that will let us bring the Golf Cart as well. Many months of research we settled on the 27RR. Ordered it with fiberglass sides and fully loaded and felt it was a good value. I really wanted the 25 or 26 RR to keep weight down but the slide and extra overhead cupboard in garage sold us. Love all the posts and will provide me with some things to go over when we get it and do a shakedown run.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:30 AM   #352

We love our 27RR as well, the garage is so versatile. Also, don't be discouraged by the table, there are few ideas posted on the forum to consider before lighting it on fire.

BKM1066 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:36 PM   #353

My Wife, daughter and I just made the plunge and bought a brand new 27RR today! Can't wait to go pick her up on Wednesday. There are some great pointers on here, I appreciate everyone's willingness to help others. Being new to buying an RV, I was happy to find this forum which helped ease my mind that this is a great product for the value. I'm sure I will have questions and hope to some day offer some pointer's to other new customers when I have figured some things out.
2005 RM250 (Woods)
jwglaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:59 PM   #354

Make sure you do a good pdi....pick up the screen on back door and see if you see day light between door and frame if so You will have leaks
Old 09-17-2016, 09:30 PM   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
Make sure you do a good pdi....pick up the screen on back door and see if you see day light between door and frame if so You will have leaks
I definitely will. Thanks to reading this forum i made sure I opened and closed the rear door a couple of times and I couldn't see any light coming through but will check a bit closer up by the screen when I'm at the dealer picking it up. I'll be asking as many questions as I can while I'm there to try to avoid any other issues too. Once it's home, we'll be trying everything out to learn before we take it on it's first trip.
2005 RM250 (Woods)
Old 09-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #356

new 27rr

Also one other thing, check to see if all the tires match the four on the trailer and the spare, when I picked ours up did not think to check and the spare was not even the same brand.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:34 PM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertourrider View Post
Also one other thing, check to see if all the tires match the four on the trailer and the spare, when I picked ours up did not think to check and the spare was not even the same brand.
Good point, will check for that. Not too worried as long as it's the same size. Will probably upgrade the wheels to 15" aluminum and tires in a year or 2.
2005 RM250 (Woods)
Old 09-21-2016, 06:20 PM   #358

I had to buy my spare tires. I'd consider any spare provided a step up. 😏

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27RR Kensils View Post
We recently sold our 97 Holiday Rambler RV due to constant chassis repairs, great coach tho. Since my wife and I fell in love with camping and got the bug we decided to get a unit that will let us bring the Golf Cart as well. Many months of research we settled on the 27RR. Ordered it with fiberglass sides and fully loaded and felt it was a good value. I really wanted the 25 or 26 RR to keep weight down but the slide and extra overhead cupboard in garage sold us. Love all the posts and will provide me with some things to go over when we get it and do a shakedown run.
Bought our 27RR august of 14...pulled it home with new suburban ( not enough tug (....bought 2014 F250 Lariat crew cab diesel...Excellent tug ! ...shoes on front of slideout with buttons rubbed floor...so I popped the buttons n naugahyd trimmed 3/8 of plywood, reassembled worked fine. put a 3/4 in by 16 inch 7 white board in garage area from top of wheel well to ceiling port side and screwed it to bath wall then put 1 inch cloths bar from white board to port side storage bi to hang chest waders,,fly vests rain gear ect...perforated plastic bins mounted on whitboard below cloths bar. Always left the water heater electic crd unplugged...2 Harley deluxes in back summer of 15 east coast to west n fished Arkansas too...a great unit..Hauled it from our home in Minnesota to daughters in Phoenix fall of 15. Left Phoenix early 21 march en rout to Gold Beach Oregon to fish steelhead....Freak 80 mph wind blew Georgianna and I , trailer and truck down mountain off highway 95 outside Hawthorn Nevada in the dark...Every thing destroyed....First responder down the hill was an EMT who had just got off work....Thank God ! Helicopter to Reno Renown hosp...6 week stay...Neck rebuild 27 july....Right arm use back on 31 July...New F250 king Ranch diesel now in driveway and shopping for a new trailer my friends....Drive slow n stay alert
Old 09-23-2016, 01:45 PM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice5 View Post
Bought our 27RR august of 14...pulled it home with new suburban ( not enough tug (....bought 2014 F250 Lariat crew cab diesel...Excellent tug ! ...shoes on front of slideout with buttons rubbed floor...so I popped the buttons n naugahyd trimmed 3/8 of plywood, reassembled worked fine. put a 3/4 in by 16 inch 7 white board in garage area from top of wheel well to ceiling port side and screwed it to bath wall then put 1 inch cloths bar from white board to port side storage bi to hang chest waders,,fly vests rain gear ect...perforated plastic bins mounted on whitboard below cloths bar. Always left the water heater electic crd unplugged...2 Harley deluxes in back summer of 15 east coast to west n fished Arkansas too...a great unit..Hauled it from our home in Minnesota to daughters in Phoenix fall of 15. Left Phoenix early 21 march en rout to Gold Beach Oregon to fish steelhead....Freak 80 mph wind blew Georgianna and I , trailer and truck down mountain off highway 95 outside Hawthorn Nevada in the dark...Every thing destroyed....First responder down the hill was an EMT who had just got off work....Thank God ! Helicopter to Reno Renown hosp...6 week stay...Neck rebuild 27 july....Right arm use back on 31 July...New F250 king Ranch diesel now in driveway and shopping for a new trailer my friends....Drive slow n stay alert
Wow, sorry to hear about that freak accident! Drive slow for sure

2005 RM250 (Woods)

Tags
grey wolf