Old 10-04-2016, 10:09 AM   #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead1250 View Post
I'm picking mine up in two weeks and wanted to ask your opinion. Tow vehicle is 03 F350 crew cab long bed, air bags. I'm towing a 26BH right now with quad in bed of truck and standard hitch and dual sway bars. My plan is to just go with that on new camper, no weight distribution hitch. Am I asking for issues? Thanks in advance.
Tongue weight of the 27RR is 934lbs according to Forest River. Check the max tongue weight of your F 350 hitch when no WD is used. Current F 350 is 850 lbs max. tongue weight without WD. That would work for the 26BH, but a whole different situation with a tongue heavy TH.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:20 AM   #372

Bam!! You nailed it. 500 lbs weight carrying and 1250 weight distributing!! I need a WDH. Thanks guys.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:44 PM   #373
Crookedread

If you're worried about wind or the tail wagging the dog, the WD will help a little but I put an anti-sway device on and it has been the best money I ever spent! It resists the trailer back end from moving around so much and even returns you to normal mode much faster. I am front end heavy until I put two quads in the back. Like many other toy haulers, that makes the back end want to drive the TV.

Crookedread
2016 Duramax
2011 Stealth 2312
Old 10-10-2016, 09:19 AM   #374

Got my 27RR home! Bought it at AOK RV in Laurie Mo. Great folks, great price. Well, I drive from NM to get it! Reese WDH installed at dealer. Towed like a champ. Upgrading wheels/tires today. They knocked it out of the park on value vs price on this unit. That's my opinion.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:38 AM   #375

2nd year, 8 out of 10

More than likely I'm on my last camping trip of the year. Our 27rr has been great. This year We traveled to Florida, Nova Scotia, Kentucky and numerous spots in our own Hoosier State. I am truly blessed to have a great toyhauler and for all the hype about not pulling with a half ton, a great TV. My 2012 6.2L Silverado with air bags and transmission cooler pulled this baby like a dream. The only reason to give an 8 instead of a 10 is a blown China bomb tire, and a couple of minor issues with our inverter for the residential fridge. All issues were minor and I am sad the season is almost over. We will winterize when we get home, move it into my father-in laws pole barn and wait till March. Thanks Forest River for a great, value and great product.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:25 AM   #376

WDH follow up

Rotorhead the airbags help with the sag, your truck will have plenty of power but you still need the wdh so that the ass end of your trailer doesn't go all over the place. I was one of the stubborn ones who did NOT get the wdh at first. And I didn't need it without the garage loaded. But as soon as I put in my side by side @1200lbs, it was all over the place. Not safe at all. Trust me, there will be a time that you wished you had it. For the $400, it's worth it and much safer for you and your fam.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:36 PM   #377

Barrie, I did get the WDH installed at the dealer in Missouri. Towed it 900 miles back home. Yes, I was empty but I still enjoyed the ride. PS, diesel prices went up 50 cents in four days on I 40, dang.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:49 PM   #378

Picked the 27RR

Pleasantly surprised with the options on the 27RR. I wanted a few things more than the in stock base units. Had no pictures so I will share mine. I did alot of research but no one could tell me if the Stainless Steel suite in kitchen was included or not. But it definitely was as well as the larger super kitchen.

We finally got it home and spent a weekend in already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	389.4 KB
ID:	122650   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0015.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	461.6 KB
ID:	122651   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0017.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	122652   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0013.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	359.6 KB
ID:	122653   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	311.7 KB
ID:	122654  

Old 10-10-2016, 11:06 PM   #379

Water from under tub of 27RR

Anyone had any issues with water running from under tub? I pulled off side panel on tub to investigate, but had just drained everything on our way out of campground. Some of the hoses we wet. I will put the water back to it and look for the source. Just wanted to see if any others had this issue. Picked it up from Dealer (350 mi away.) on Friday. Found the issue on Sunday
Old 10-11-2016, 08:19 AM   #380

Alright guys, quick poll--

What do you pull your 27RR with? I picked up my 27RR back in August, and still have yet to take it out due to my TV. I pulled it home which was about 1.5 hr trip, and right as I was pulling into my driveway, my engine began to overheat. Convinced me that I need to find a new TV. I'm having a hard time justifying the cost of a 2500HD. The 27RR is heavy, especially hitch weight. We will take it out anywhere from 4-6 times a year, and for the most part the truck only gets driven on the weekends.

I am really just trying to find a good, middle of the road, kind of truck. What do you guys suggest??

Oh yeah, not that it matters much but current TV is an 03 Tahoe Z71 5.3

So, what do you pull your 27RR with? Any regrets? Suggestions???

Tags
grey wolf