Old 10-11-2016, 12:30 PM   #381

I also have a 27rr 2016 . I started with a half ton, and decided that it would pull it . But if I had planned on using the tt as planned I was going to step up to a 3/4 ton which I did and I'm much happier with it.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:12 PM   #382

Just got back

We just returned from a trip to Camp Verde AZ. from IN. pulling a 2015 27rr
riding on towmax tires and TV is 2014 Ram 1500 outdoorsman absolutely no
problems at all. Could not ask for a better TV, no trouble up or down hill.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:19 PM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshgarza219 View Post
Alright guys, quick poll--

What do you pull your 27RR with? I picked up my 27RR back in August, and still have yet to take it out due to my TV. I pulled it home which was about 1.5 hr trip, and right as I was pulling into my driveway, my engine began to overheat. Convinced me that I need to find a new TV. I'm having a hard time justifying the cost of a 2500HD. The 27RR is heavy, especially hitch weight. We will take it out anywhere from 4-6 times a year, and for the most part the truck only gets driven on the weekends.

I am really just trying to find a good, middle of the road, kind of truck. What do you guys suggest??

Oh yeah, not that it matters much but current TV is an 03 Tahoe Z71 5.3

So, what do you pull your 27RR with? Any regrets? Suggestions???

I pulled mine home from Western MI to Central IL with a Durango. No issues. I would get your cooling system serviced for starters if not already. Not sure what gearing you are running in the Tahoe. But with the information given, I would just use what you have if only going 4-6 times a yr. Should use Tow/Haul mode or stay out of OverDrive if equipped. that could be the source of the problem.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:46 PM   #384

I have a 5.3 with 3.73 gear ratio. Maximum listed trailer weight of 7400 lbs. I figured a coolant flush may fix my overheating issue, but haven't done it yet. I do have a WDH, with anti-sway bars. I pulled it home, and while I could tell it was there, the truck did pretty well. Entire trip I was in tow/haul.

Just don't want to end up stranded in the side of the road, or do some damage to TV before I get a chance to trade it in. But at the same time, the Tahoe is paid off, it sure would be nice to keep no truck payments! Hmmmm..... decisions, decisions.

At this point I have decided to wait until Spring no matter what, just trying to weigh my options.

Thanks for the input guys!
Old 10-11-2016, 09:03 PM   #385
Retired Techie

I pulled my first TT (Wolfpack 7000lbs) home with a 5.3 150. Tow/haul all the way 6 mpg. Was my buddies truck, he bought a new one due to that experience. I looked around and found a 00 Chevy 2500 6 liter for $6500, bought it, had it checked out, put new tires on it and pulled the WolfPack and my 2016 Greywolf with a Goldwing aboard for 6000 miles last winter. Night and Day difference in tow ability, stopping and stability. Decided to make several long trips this summer , LA and South Dakota in separate trips so I looked around and found a 04 2500 HD with a 6.5 Duramax with 162K for 18K. Again night and day between 2500 and 2500HD deisal. Swapped the greywolf in on a fifth wheel and 10,000 miles later am happier than a clam.
Things I have learned. I would have killed the brakes in the mountains. Probably would have bent the frame on some of the overpasses in St Louis. I would have overheated majorly and probably killed the tranny pulling the Mts on I 70 in Colorado. Would have been driving at 50 mph across the plains due to cross winds. I think all would be true with a 1/2 ton.
Bottom line can you do it with a 1/2 ton, Yes for short trips a few times a year but if you want to be comfortable, safe and not setting along side the road get a truck that fits the job.
My 2 cents
1998 Honda Valkerie
2016 Camping 148 days so far
moligney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #386

doing roof maintenance and ran across this.

http://rvincidents.com/pdf/roofcare.pdf
Old 10-13-2016, 12:52 PM   #387

What do most of you do for putting up the 27rr for winter storage is there anything specific I don't want to over look.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:55 AM   #388

I use compressed air to blow out the water lines.
I dump RV anti-freeze down all the traps and add extra for the holding tanks, about a gallon each tank.
Remove the hot water plug/anode and drain the hot water tank.
Drain your fresh water tank.
good time to check roof and windows for caulk.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:39 PM   #389

27rr rear table sorage

I mounted the table to the left side wall. I put 1/4 in eye bolts into the side wall studs which is 16 inch on center. The table is 32 in wide. I put 2 set above and below the legs. I then used 2 1 in rachet straps to hold the table to the wall. I put a moving blanket behind the table so it would not mark up the wall. I than put 2 lawn chairs on the upper legs for storage and use buggie cords to keep them in place. Used it this way all year not any problems.
Tom
Old 10-31-2016, 01:29 PM   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg16 View Post
I mounted the table to the left side wall. I put 1/4 in eye bolts into the side wall studs which is 16 inch on center. The table is 32 in wide. I put 2 set above and below the legs. I then used 2 1 in rachet straps to hold the table to the wall. I put a moving blanket behind the table so it would not mark up the wall. I than put 2 lawn chairs on the upper legs for storage and use buggie cords to keep them in place. Used it this way all year not any problems.
Tom
Are the wall studs metal? how did you find them?

Tags
grey wolf