Old 04-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #41

Thank you. That makes sense. Slowly getting this thing figured out.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #42

We all are!

Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #43

Here is an email I just sent to my salesman, but guessing it might be awhile before I get an answer. Can anyone guess what they may say about it? Am I missing something?

Hi (my salesman). Hope all is well. Getting excited to try out the new toy hauler, but going to wait a little while before we can count on the weather.
I was wondering if you could ask the right person and get a question answered for me. On the yellow sticker inside my front door, it gives me a dry weight of 5829, and a max cargo weight of 1939 lbs. (total 7768 GVW).

My tires however have a max dual (dual axle I assume) load limit of 1570 lbs each, or 6280 max GVW.

It clearly looks as though these tires barely meet the requirements of a dry weight, much less a 900 lb Harley Davidson and even minimal camping supplies. Can you explain? I joined the Forrest River Forums, and from what I have read, having the right tires is paramount.
I can not find anything about these tires on the internet, they are Vail Sport Radial ST. It's as if I have the only set.
Please let me know what you find out. Thanks (my salesman).

*end of email
Researching, I did find some "D" rated LoadStar 14" 8 ply radials, with load limit of 2040. These seem to be a better fit, IMHO.
USAF Vet
bigoil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:41 AM   #44

My lovely bride and I are seriously condisering the 27rr to haul our goldwing and the two of us. My questuion is it possible to mount an Onan gasoline gernerator. I figure on mounting it in the toy bay but the question is wehere to mout a fuel cell tht can be vented outdoors, filled from outdotrs yet plumbed to the unit to fuel it. Any one done this?
Thanks
Eric
Old 04-05-2015, 12:51 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post
My lovely bride and I are seriously condisering the 27rr to haul our goldwing and the two of us. My questuion is it possible to mount an Onan gasoline gernerator. I figure on mounting it in the toy bay but the question is wehere to mout a fuel cell tht can be vented outdoors, filled from outdotrs yet plumbed to the unit to fuel it. Any one done this?
Thanks
Eric
Probably just look into a Toy Hauler that has it built in - those generators are fuel hungry and would require a decent size fuel tank to get several days out of it for dry camping. Do some reading.
Toy Hauler Travel Trailers: Top 8 Brands (42 Models) - Best Travel Trailers Guide

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
bluewoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:31 PM   #46

Two questions:

1. I dropped off my TH tonight at my in laws. We won't be using it again for a couple weeks. I opened the fridge and freezer, shut off the breakers and lights, etc. But, the little light bulbs up by the front jack are still on. Should I have disconnected the batteries? is there a way to shut them off? It seems like when I go back in two weeks the battery would be dead?

2. My next trip will be hauling my 900 pound motorcycle. How do I resetup the equalizer hitch? Do I have to add/remove washers? Do I raise or lower the sway bar supports? I had it set perfect for empty running with the wdh. What adjustments do you make with that extra weight off the tongue?
Old 04-06-2015, 07:11 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoadzie View Post
Two questions:

1. I dropped off my TH tonight at my in laws. We won't be using it again for a couple weeks. I opened the fridge and freezer, shut off the breakers and lights, etc. But, the little light bulbs up by the front jack are still on. Should I have disconnected the batteries? is there a way to shut them off? It seems like when I go back in two weeks the battery would be dead?

2. My next trip will be hauling my 900 pound motorcycle. How do I resetup the equalizer hitch? Do I have to add/remove washers? Do I raise or lower the sway bar supports? I had it set perfect for empty running with the wdh. What adjustments do you make with that extra weight off the tongue?
There should be a button on the tongue to turn that little light on and off. It's not as obvious as it should be but it's there. I would definitely recommend a cut off switch. Even with the tongue light off, you will still draw off the battery. With a dead battery, you'll be challenged to hook up to the trailer.

When I haul my Goldwing, which is around the same weight you describe, I will usually not make any adjustments to the hitch. It depends on how much firewood (and other stuff) I haul. The bike sits on the axles of the trailer and slightly back. The trailer tows no differently. When I do make adjustments it is only to raise / lower the hitch itself one notch. Your results may vary depending on what you're hauling in the truck, the suspension of your truck and how much beer is in the fridge.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:20 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post
Thanks
Eric
I can't picture this working out. Perhaps on the tongue but not in the toy bay. Maybe I'm not reading this right but putting the generator inside the toy bay means you're putting it in the living quarters. I have one that I would put in the bed of my truck but we have never needed it so it just stays home.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:26 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I can't picture this working out. Perhaps on the tongue but not in the toy bay. Maybe I'm not reading this right but putting the generator inside the toy bay means you're putting it in the living quarters. I have one that I would put in the bed of my truck but we have never needed it so it just stays home.
Toby, too much mods to be worth it to me. Just better to look into a toy hauler that is already built with a gen and fuel station. I've read were it has been done But I would be concerned about safety.

To the OP It can be done but figure safety being number one issue and cost second. Do a Google on fuel station kits

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
bluewoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoadzie View Post
Two questions:

I put a Polaris rzr (little over 1,000lbs) in the back of my 27rr and never change anything. I can't tell any difference, may be a little slower accelerating and on steep grades.

Tags
grey wolf