Old 04-28-2015, 09:58 PM   #61

Well as luck would have it, apparently I misunderstood the dealer and it is being built May 4, not shipped May 4th. Not a big deal, but now that I have too much time on my hands in the evenings it has had me 2nd guessing myself and researching more toy haulers. The 27RR still looks to be the best bang for the buck and one of the few with a garage deep enough for our RZR. Now to learn patience.................LOL

Old 04-30-2015, 09:23 AM   #62

I'm not positive but I think the cargo ramp is only rated for 1600 lbs. I believe you said in a previous post the Desert Edition rzr weighs 1700 lbs.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:41 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
I'm not positive but I think the cargo ramp is only rated for 1600 lbs. I believe you said in a previous post the Desert Edition rzr weighs 1700 lbs.
It's easy enough to lighten the little piggy up. LOL We put a custom cage on it a few weeks back and therefore ditched the spare tire and spare tire carrier and also use a Yeti and a Action Packer in the bed of it that can certainly be transported in the bed of the truck instead. That 'should' have me real close to 1600 lbs. (or at least until I put 32" Roctanes on it. LOL
Old 04-30-2015, 09:45 PM   #64

So I discovered last night that gel coat exterior walls IS a option and looks GREAT! Call my local dealer today and it's too late to change the order now.................................

I wish I had discovered the gel coat option 2 weeks ago.......

He is willing to stock the one that is coming in and order me another one, but then I would have to wait till mid June to receive it and that ain't going to happen. LOL Me and my instant gratification addiction!
Old 05-01-2015, 08:51 AM   #65

When I bought mine I looked into that option as I really liked the appearance. However I found
the additional weight of the gelcoat option reduces the overall load capacity of the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-01-2015, 06:57 PM   #66

The load capacity is not affected very much. Mine only changed 100 pounds. I have not seen many of them like. I am glad I chose that option.

Two new questions from a new owner. On the 27RR how do you manually crank in the awning and how do you manually crank in the slide out. I have not had to do this, but reading other forums, others have. Anyone out there with a 27RR know how to do this. Also, I understand you can manually crank the electric jack up front. However, I can not find that either. I think it is under the circular level on the jack. I need to remove it because it is useless anyway, to see if I can find it.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:34 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoadzie View Post
The load capacity is not affected very much. Mine only changed 100 pounds. I have not seen many of them like. I am glad I chose that option.

Two new questions from a new owner. On the 27RR how do you manually crank in the awning and how do you manually crank in the slide out. I have not had to do this, but reading other forums, others have. Anyone out there with a 27RR know how to do this. Also, I understand you can manually crank the electric jack up front. However, I can not find that either. I think it is under the circular level on the jack. I need to remove it because it is useless anyway, to see if I can find it.
Not that is matters at this point, but what is the 'posted' ccc on your toy hauler?

As for manual use of things, ours should be in by the end of next week. When we take delivery I will find out and let you know how its done.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:03 PM   #68

ITs not parked here at my house. I will share with your tomorrow as I am going over there to do a little prep for next weekend.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:31 PM   #69

Is it safe to ASSUME these are built on 5200lb axles? I'm really not looking to overload the crap out of ours the first day, but we will be at max weight at all times when towing. I guess I am still nervous that one of the most affordable toy haulers is the ONLY toy hauler that really fits our needs. LOL I guess I need to relax and enjoy it when it finally gets here.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:40 PM   #70

It arrived at the local dealer today!!! Got to go through it and check it out. Very pleased! They will PDI it Monday AM so we can pick it up Monday afternoon.

Tags
grey wolf