Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2015, 11:59 AM   #181

I have never put antifreeze in my water tanks. Just get them drained. There's plenty of free space in there. The important thing is to get the water out. If all the water is out you won't need antifreeze but I always put it in my water lines and pea traps. Don't forget to bypass the wh too and close the low points before sucking in antifreeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-23-2015, 01:28 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I have never put antifreeze in my water tanks. Just get them drained. There's plenty of free space in there. The important thing is to get the water out. If all the water is out you won't need antifreeze but I always put it in my water lines and pea traps. Don't forget to bypass the wh too and close the low points before sucking in antifreeze.
I don't put it in any of the tanks, either. I'm sure some of the antifreeze does end up in the grey tanks if you are pouring enough to get past the traps. Won't hurt a thing. I do leave just a little in the black tank, but I'm sure it's not necessary. I leave the fresh water tank plug out during the winter so anything drains off there. Do the same with the hot water heater after I bypass it. I don't put antifreeze in the supply lines. I just blow them out thoroughly and have never had a problem. Maybe it'll bite me in the butt someday, but so far, so good.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #183
Who Dares, Wins

I thought about leaving the fresh drain open as well... But my luck is something would craw up into the hole..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:28 PM   #184

Last camping trip last week. Great weather. Winterized yesterday. Easy process. Backed TH into the pole barn. Now I'm anxiously waiting for spring! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1445794100.020385.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	92809
Rhoadzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #185

what type of roof in on these 27RR?
rubber, ??????
Old 12-02-2015, 05:21 PM   #186

Yes. It is a rubber compound.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoadzie View Post
Yes. It is a rubber compound.
EPDM or TPO?
Old 12-03-2015, 09:22 PM   #188

Not sure. I'm not at home. I'll have to check and see what it says in my info. It's in storage right now.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:24 PM   #189

I have read about converters in TT and some say it would be good to get a 3 or 4 stage charger/converter. anyone know what model is in these now? I believe its a WFO brand from what I read, just not sure.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #190

Something to keep in mind: when the battery is low ( 80%) these converter chargers aren't up to the task to bring them ( or it) back up. Get a real charger... I have a 50amp that does well even on my little Honda Genny. All the charge you take out you have to put back and you dont want to take 24/48 hours to do it.. If all you do is full hookup CGs forget what I said. A Battery monitor is essential IMO
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #191

27 rr gray wolf vs 25 work and play

Which would be better with a 1200 lbs HD trike
jrdun260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:19 AM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdun260 View Post
The 27 RR is definetly the trailer for your trike....we put two Harley deluxes in ours and still have room back there for 6500 watt gen set on wheels....When parked at wal mart overnights you can use everything without extension of slideout.... JUST TELL DEALER NO CHINA BOMB TIRES OR NO DEAL ! Bought my 27RR fall of14...pull with 14 crewcab diesel ford 250. made immediate changes to undercarriage electrical and mechanicals....found a way to keep slideout screws from "Leaving" and have put 20,000 miles on it and done wheel bearings at ten ! We love it for combining flyfishing and motorcycling !
juice5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:07 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice5 View Post
The 27 RR is definetly the trailer for your trike....we put two Harley deluxes in ours and still have room back there for 6500 watt gen set on wheels....When parked at wal mart overnights you can use everything without extension of slideout.... JUST TELL DEALER NO CHINA BOMB TIRES OR NO DEAL ! Bought my 27RR fall of14...pull with 14 crewcab diesel ford 250. made immediate changes to undercarriage electrical and mechanicals....found a way to keep slideout screws from "Leaving" and have put 20,000 miles on it and done wheel bearings at ten ! We love it for combining flyfishing and motorcycling !
I can see how the 27RR would have plenty of room for the two Harleys but how do you handle the weight? I looked closely at the 27RR but passed because of the sub-2000 pound payload. Two deluxe hogs and a wheeled generator should only leave about 200 pounds for everything else. Did I get bad info about the capacity of the 27RR?
Old 12-14-2015, 07:21 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I can see how the 27RR would have plenty of room for the two Harleys but how do you handle the weight? I looked closely at the 27RR but passed because of the sub-2000 pound payload. Two deluxe hogs and a wheeled generator should only leave about 200 pounds for everything else. Did I get bad info about the capacity of the 27RR?
Wow! A toy hauler with a CCC of 1974 pounds? That sure limits your options.

Bruce
Old 12-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Wow! A toy hauler with a CCC of 1974 pounds? That sure limits your options.

Bruce
Limiting if one is carrying two Harleys, but I doubt many carry more than one very often. Payload was one of the things I looked at when I was going through the buying experience. Lots of other criteria...overall weight, price, quality (most were comparable, meaning not so great), size, etc. It was close between the Grey Wolf and Vengeance models but the Vengeance won mainly because of its 3,400 pound payload.

After taking delivery I weighed the trailer on the way home. As delivered, it weighed 6,200 pounds. When I weighed it with the Harley in place and all the other stuff loaded (dishes, tools, staples, etc etc) it was 7,400 pounds. If I had bought a 27RR and loaded it the same there would still be about 700 pounds of payload remaining, which is not a bad number. I only questioned the two Harley load because in my case loading a second Harley would put the trailer over its max gross weight. YMMV.

I can barely afford one Harley so two of them won't be an option.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:23 AM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdun260 View Post

I bought the 25CB work and play because of my Trike. I ride an FLRT, my wife is still on two wheels. We can get two trikes into the 25CB if the need arises.

Oh, and welcome to FRF!

US Army, 1979-1990 95BZ6
Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:03 AM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Cargo rating is 2165 lbs....I went straight to the scales n weighed mine dry @4670 lbs ( lighter than 5762 dry given weight) ....so I wonder at spec weights . I laid out garage area floor plan and wheel well covers on my garage floor....along with rear axel positions and rear bath door...then positioned my Condor Motorcycle attachement plates on the diagram so door clearance was acceptable ...handlebars were 6 inches from walls on either side ...leftside condor is 6 inches closer on rear axel than right side. Existing tie down loops on floor work well...but I drilled and tapped ends of condors , put 3/8 eyebolts in so I could put tension straps to triple tree and compress tension to secur to condors. on another note with VERY LIMITED Closet space I positioned 18 inch wide white plywood board floor to ceiling on left side wall of bath in garage over wheel well rise. I notched it so weight is carried to wheel well raise and to floor beyound it, screwing the board right to the exterior of bath wall. Then built a clothes rack pole from the rear left side storage bin across to the upper face of this board...all weight is conducted to the floorthrough this board...which now has Chest waders, fleese liners fly, vests , Motorcycle leathers n jackets and other essential clothing hanging from it....On the area from cloths flange bracket to the floor...are three plastic pockets for books, maps and STUFF....When camped and on campground power we maintain cabin heat at night with "adjustable 1300 watt Milk House Heater"...very quiet and not using gas !...The medicine cabinet can hold a surprising amount of Jack Daniels, Grey Goose, and Remy Martin still leavin room for tooth paste and prep H ! Weather Empty or Loaded it handles very well at speed and in cross wind....separate grey/black valves are easier to maintain in long run. I hope this helps...were gonna be up in Oregon in a campground in a month steelhead fishin !
juice5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:36 PM   #198

Interesting numbers. Is the 2165 pounds a placarded weight limit? Info I got was the 27RR had a max weight of 7,934, so based on that you would have a total payload of 3,264...a pretty good number. My Vengeance is advertised at 6,366 empty, the placard show shipping weight of 6,460 but actual weight on a certified scale was 6,200 pounds (with the propane and battery installed, which is not supposed to be included in the shipping weight). Looks like it's a good idea to get your own actual weights rather than relying on factory published numbers.

The partitioned cargo area, along with the extra three feet back there, is a really nice feature of the 27RR.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:18 PM   #199

I purchased a 2015 27RR Limited this past summer, I haul a H-D Ultra classic. If I am not hauling the Ultra, I load as many items as I can in the back for traveling, the toy hauler is a little heavy on the hitch without the bike in the back. I think it should work well with a trike. The ramp/door is pretty sturdy. Just remember to raise front front of the toy hauler up when loading/unloading, other wise you may bottom out like I did my first time. I did see others post ways to support the ramp door up higher to solve that bottoming out issue. I do like the 27RR when camping, it has plenty of room and the garage turns into the party room for playing cards and board games. Once we are set up at camp, we only use the garage side door for coming and going, leaving the living area free of dirt, leaves, insects, etc.
2015 Polaris RZR 570
BKM1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:27 PM   #200

How did you weigh it?
truck and trailer together then truck only?
why i ask is because pin weights is about 1000lbs and you are about that far off factory weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice5 View Post
Cargo rating is 2165 lbs....I went straight to the scales n weighed mine dry @4670 lbs ( lighter than 5762 dry given weight) ....so I wonder at spec weights . I laid out garage area floor plan and wheel well covers on my garage floor....along with rear axel positions and rear bath door...then positioned my Condor Motorcycle attachement plates on the diagram so door clearance was acceptable ...handlebars were 6 inches from walls on either side ...leftside condor is 6 inches closer on rear axel than right side. Existing tie down loops on floor work well...but I drilled and tapped ends of condors , put 3/8 eyebolts in so I could put tension straps to triple tree and compress tension to secur to condors. on another note with VERY LIMITED Closet space I positioned 18 inch wide white plywood board floor to ceiling on left side wall of bath in garage over wheel well rise. I notched it so weight is carried to wheel well raise and to floor beyound it, screwing the board right to the exterior of bath wall. Then built a clothes rack pole from the rear left side storage bin across to the upper face of this board...all weight is conducted to the floorthrough this board...which now has Chest waders, fleese liners fly, vests , Motorcycle leathers n jackets and other essential clothing hanging from it....On the area from cloths flange bracket to the floor...are three plastic pockets for books, maps and STUFF....When camped and on campground power we maintain cabin heat at night with "adjustable 1300 watt Milk House Heater"...very quiet and not using gas !...The medicine cabinet can hold a surprising amount of Jack Daniels, Grey Goose, and Remy Martin still leavin room for tooth paste and prep H ! Weather Empty or Loaded it handles very well at speed and in cross wind....separate grey/black valves are easier to maintain in long run. I hope this helps...were gonna be up in Oregon in a campground in a month steelhead fishin !

Tags
grey wolf