Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #1

Question 305WP 5er?

Hey Guys, I am curious to know if anyone has a 305WP and what your thoughts are? I have been looking at the Puma 356QLB and happened to notice the 305WP. It appears they are sister 5ers but the Wolfpack offers more options than the Puma, like the Party Deck and also offer 50AMP service. I cannot seem to find much info on the 305WP so I am not sure if it is as popular of a 5er. Any input is appreciated.

Steve
madbare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:35 PM   #2

BUMP!

This made my Top 3 list of 5er to purchase for this summer. Any 305WP owners out there that can provide some input?
tronqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:28 PM   #3

We looked at a 305. Its a nice outfit for the money,but the U dinette in the slide made us feel like we were sitting in a box ,looking out.The other real deal breaker was the toilet being in a "closet" with no vanity sink instead of it haveing a "real" bathroom. We bought the 315 that was parked next to it,it has a super slide that we are takeing the sofa(very uncomfortable) out and replaceing with swivel recliners. With the sofa you had to sit at an angle to see the tv. The bathroom on the 315 is huge.It is actually bigger that the one in the first house we bought!The 315 has the fold up bed/couches in the garage which I wish we did not have.Spend the extra $ and get the "queen bed up against the cieling" set up.I am going to take those rear couches out also because they eat up side space in the garage. I do wish we had the party deck encloser on the ramp too,not for us but as an open air dog kennel!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:17 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply. We love the U shaped dinette. Has worked really well for us in our current TT, it's actually a selling point for us.

The bathroom is my only hesitation with this model.

How's the quality? Any major issues?
Old 01-21-2015, 04:53 PM   #5

I cannot really comment on the quality issues of the mechanicals (if there are any) because we have not used it yet or had any of the systems running.We bought it late nov and the day after we got it home we had 14" of snow.We towed it 150 miles back from the dealer and was positivly impressed with the handeing and towability.
There are a couple structural issues,a stud or upright in the wall of the garage is bulgeing inward and pushing the paneling apart at the joint. The side door of the garage wont stay closed,it will latch and you cant pull it open,but a day or two later it is standing open.There is a LOT of nail putty smeared all over inside and the dealer said it would be taken care of,but it was not.Looking down the sides of the body you can see every joint in the plywood backing under the fiberglass.The one on the ramp can be seen and felt.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:27 PM   #6

Thanks for the reply! Those issues you stated are pretty big concerns in my book.

I had the opportunity to see one of these at the dealer. There was an obvious difference in quality between this and a Carbon 297 or 327. However there is a pretty big price difference between the two trailers. I am waiting to get more information on the Vengeance 315A11. Just not sure if I am prepared to invest 5,000 to 8,000 more for a Carbon or Vengeance.

Again, thanks for the info!
Old 01-21-2015, 06:05 PM   #7

The "issues " only become "concerns" when they are not resolved.The door and putty are things that I can do and are not worth takeing it back to the dealer for. The "print thru" on the FG sides tell me that either they used too much adhesive (doubtful),or there was a small gap in the wall frameing when the FG sheets were hung (scary). In any case it is what it is,we dont live in a perfect world and I would bet ours is not the only one like that.Its not a high$ custom built unit,it is built to a price point and usually you get what you paid for.We bought it for the floor plan and as long as everything works ,I'm OK with that.We are both in our 70's and wont be useing it for 10 yrs or tradeing it in on a bigger one anyway.

Tags
305, 5er