Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Aluminum construction?

We have a 2011 Wolfpack 27 wp on order & for the most part we like every thing about it & were able to order it with all the options we wanted. The only feature I am not sure of is it's timber frame construction with the gel coat sides. Has any one with this set up had any problems with the fiberglass? The dealer says he hasn't had any warranty issues with the fiberglass or any major issues at all with this line & I have heard that from a few dealers. I am still going through with the purchase as we like everything else. Also what generators has any one added? We are looking at a Champion for 299$ that has a 30 amp rv plug & it would fit on the front rack. We figure for the few times we use it, it should be fine.
__________________

__________________
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 855
My last trailer was glas over wood. Was just fine IMHO.
as for the generator, you get what you pay for. Loud, poor construction, dirty power. Buy a quality genny and have no regrets.
__________________

__________________
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 517
Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
I second that, get the dealer to give you on a great deal for a generator. The siding is fine, almost all all campers are that now.
__________________
2009 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 2500 6.7 cummins
2011 Forest River Cherokee 28BHKS

scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Thanks, I think I have a line on a 4000 watt Honda that would do the job. Now for the hard part, waiting 4 more weeks to get the camper.
__________________
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
Member
 
Stargazerandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade1LI
We have a 2011 Wolfpack 27 wp on order & for the most part we like every thing about it & were able to order it with all the options we wanted. The only feature I am not sure of is it's timber frame construction with the gel coat sides. Has any one with this set up had any problems with the fiberglass? The dealer says he hasn't had any warranty issues with the fiberglass or any major issues at all with this line & I have heard that from a few dealers. I am still going through with the purchase as we like everything else. Also what generators has any one added? We are looking at a Champion for 299$ that has a 30 amp rv plug & it would fit on the front rack. We figure for the few times we use it, it should be fine.
I was wondering if anyone knows if aluminum siding weighs less than fiberglass..??
__________________
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
AKA Bluebird
 
dimurrrw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 1,061
Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
The siding, per se, should not be a problem. The wood framing could be a problem if there is water or insect intrusion.
__________________
Happy Camping! ///// Richard D.
2006 4x4 Ford 250 SD / 2007 Flagstaff 827 FLS
One very patient wife and one furry child who travels with us. Forty-two years of trailering and camping, and I still have a blast.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Member
 
Stargazerandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 68
Yes but is it lighter than fiberglass?
__________________
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazerandu View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows if aluminum siding weighs less than fiberglass..??
Yes, alum weighs more than FG, I think it is 400lbs more on this trailer. IMO it is just easier to clean & keep clean, plus it doesn't dent like the alum does. Can't wait it should be here in 2 weeks & we are ready to load the bikes in & go!
__________________
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #9
itch'n to road trip
 
campnqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Georgia Mountains-Jasper GA.
Posts: 910
Hey Renegade1L1.....FG weighs LESS than alum? hhhhhhmmmmmmm? Think its the other way around. Fiberglass is heavier than alum.

Either way we have Gelcoat FG sides and LOVE them... stays cleaner longer, easy to clean, easy to repair if needed, more rigidity, looks clean and smooth, more aerodynamic.

As far an gens go... we have two Honda EU2000i that can be tied together. So quiet! Light to carry...only 45 lbs each, small suit case size.... and VERY dependable! GO WITH HONDA!
__________________
2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
Hey Renegade1L1.....FG weighs LESS than alum? hhhhhhmmmmmmm? Think its the other way around. Fiberglass is heavier than alum.

Either way we have Gelcoat FG sides and LOVE them... stays cleaner longer, easy to clean, easy to repair if needed, more rigidity, looks clean and smooth, more aerodynamic.

As far an gens go... we have two Honda EU2000i that can be tied together. So quiet! Light to carry...only 45 lbs each, small suit case size.... and VERY dependable! GO WITH HONDA!
My bad, Yes you are correct, I had it backwards, I get a little dyslectic sometimes. Right now we are still waiting, dealer told us 4-18 as the factory is behind schedule. Can't wait to get it & get set up, so many trips so little time.
__________________

__________________
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.