Old 03-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #1

Aluminum construction?

We have a 2011 Wolfpack 27 wp on order & for the most part we like every thing about it & were able to order it with all the options we wanted. The only feature I am not sure of is it's timber frame construction with the gel coat sides. Has any one with this set up had any problems with the fiberglass? The dealer says he hasn't had any warranty issues with the fiberglass or any major issues at all with this line & I have heard that from a few dealers. I am still going through with the purchase as we like everything else. Also what generators has any one added? We are looking at a Champion for 299$ that has a 30 amp rv plug & it would fit on the front rack. We figure for the few times we use it, it should be fine.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #2

My last trailer was glas over wood. Was just fine IMHO.
as for the generator, you get what you pay for. Loud, poor construction, dirty power. Buy a quality genny and have no regrets.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
I second that, get the dealer to give you on a great deal for a generator. The siding is fine, almost all all campers are that now.

scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #4

Thanks, I think I have a line on a 4000 watt Honda that would do the job. Now for the hard part, waiting 4 more weeks to get the camper.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade1LI
We have a 2011 Wolfpack 27 wp on order & for the most part we like every thing about it & were able to order it with all the options we wanted. The only feature I am not sure of is it's timber frame construction with the gel coat sides. Has any one with this set up had any problems with the fiberglass? The dealer says he hasn't had any warranty issues with the fiberglass or any major issues at all with this line & I have heard that from a few dealers. I am still going through with the purchase as we like everything else. Also what generators has any one added? We are looking at a Champion for 299$ that has a 30 amp rv plug & it would fit on the front rack. We figure for the few times we use it, it should be fine.
I was wondering if anyone knows if aluminum siding weighs less than fiberglass..??
Old 03-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
The siding, per se, should not be a problem. The wood framing could be a problem if there is water or insect intrusion.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #7

Yes but is it lighter than fiberglass?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazerandu View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows if aluminum siding weighs less than fiberglass..??
Yes, alum weighs more than FG, I think it is 400lbs more on this trailer. IMO it is just easier to clean & keep clean, plus it doesn't dent like the alum does. Can't wait it should be here in 2 weeks & we are ready to load the bikes in & go!
Old 03-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #9
itch'n to road trip

Hey Renegade1L1.....FG weighs LESS than alum? hhhhhhmmmmmmm? Think its the other way around. Fiberglass is heavier than alum.

Either way we have Gelcoat FG sides and LOVE them... stays cleaner longer, easy to clean, easy to repair if needed, more rigidity, looks clean and smooth, more aerodynamic.

As far an gens go... we have two Honda EU2000i that can be tied together. So quiet! Light to carry...only 45 lbs each, small suit case size.... and VERY dependable! GO WITH HONDA!
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
Hey Renegade1L1.....FG weighs LESS than alum? hhhhhhmmmmmmm? Think its the other way around. Fiberglass is heavier than alum.

Either way we have Gelcoat FG sides and LOVE them... stays cleaner longer, easy to clean, easy to repair if needed, more rigidity, looks clean and smooth, more aerodynamic.

As far an gens go... we have two Honda EU2000i that can be tied together. So quiet! Light to carry...only 45 lbs each, small suit case size.... and VERY dependable! GO WITH HONDA!
My bad, Yes you are correct, I had it backwards, I get a little dyslectic sometimes. Right now we are still waiting, dealer told us 4-18 as the factory is behind schedule. Can't wait to get it & get set up, so many trips so little time.