Old 10-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #11

Kabrid

What did you do to resolve the door issue with the awning leg. I have noticed this on a number of these 27DWFP models that I have looked at!

Thanks

Old 10-31-2008, 07:47 AM   #12

rsscoggins

I put a 6" strip of door guard edging (used on the edge of auto door to stop chipping) on the door where it comes in contact with the awning arm and hold the door to the arm with a bungee cord when camping with door open and awning down. Not something I like to do but not much else can do short o a new awning. If I was ordering a new RV the same model I'd try to see if I could get a longer awning to go past the door hold open anchor point. I know it would put the arm in front of the window but that window is a slider and the arm would be down when camping any ways.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #13

kabrid

Everyone that I have looked at (used or new 27DWFP) has the awning in the same location. Bad design in my opinion - they should have either moved the owner or had the door open the other way....

Can you install one of those door catches like is on the side of the trailer on the awning leg to hold the door open? I will have to do as you did and put something on the door to keep it from banging the awning leg....
Old 10-31-2008, 03:05 PM   #14

I thought about putting an anchor on the awning leg but the way the leg telescopes and up and down it wouldn't work for me. What I did seems to work OK but if I have it long enough to replace the awning I will put a longer one on.

Other that that once we worked out the few issues we had we really like the RV and Forest River had been excellent to us. Would purchase andother of their products in a heart beat.

Tags
27dfwp, cherokee wolfpack