Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2008, 05:30 AM   #1

Another waiting for a 27DFWP

Hi All,

New here to this forum. I have an estimated delivery date of 5/17 for our new WP. I hope it shows up then because we have a camping/buggy/party the following weekend and we sold our other Toy Hauler. I always tell my wife "I don't wait well".
krabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
None of us do!!! Welcome Krabid!

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:57 AM   #3

Welcome to FRF!!

as far as waiting........................................... ......

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:42 AM   #4

Got some good news and some bad news yesterday. The good news is that our new WP came off the line day before yesterday and the dealer expects delivery by end of this week.

The bad news is the salesman won't have time to finalize the sale for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. He says it takes a day for the paper work, onother day to prep the unit and then he has to setup an apointment for the demo of the RV which he has no appointments open for at least 1 1/2 weeks.

THIS IS BS. I have half a mind to tell them to stuff it
Old 05-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krabid View Post
Got some good news and some bad news yesterday. The good news is that our new WP came off the line day before yesterday and the dealer expects delivery by end of this week.

The bad news is the salesman won't have time to finalize the sale for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. He says it takes a day for the paper work, onother day to prep the unit and then he has to setup an apointment for the demo of the RV which he has no appointments open for at least 1 1/2 weeks.

THIS IS BS. I have half a mind to tell them to stuff it
First off Congrats and Welcome!!!!

Second, If I were you, contact the manager, after all you are the one buying the trailer, in today's time , they need to make time ,or switch salesman, like you said tell the manager the deal is off, unless they get your trailer ready in a timely manner. Good Luck
Old 05-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #6

I walked in with a check the sales man went and got me a recipt and we shook hands and done. A PDI tech came out to meat us at the trailer went over the trailer showed us every thing and answered all are questions and we were done total 45 min.They do have two dealerships in the center of the state so tec support is good and I should just call with questions. This is what I would expect from a sales staff.(not going to say every sales will send cookies after the sale) So baybe I paid to much?.
hail chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #7

Same thoughts here. There is no way I would wait for 1 1/2 to 2
weeks to do PDI. U paid them way to much money (5 digits I assume)
tell them if not U will take your five digit financing elsewhere.

P.S. Maybe U could work some "FREE" camping into the deal.
Like a years worth!

Nina
Hitched up to a White 1999 F-150 Ext. Cab
Number of days camped in 2014-2
(4 more days reserved)
NINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:47 AM   #8

It might be only me getting impatient. I ordered it on April 1st and they gave me an expected delivery date of May 17th. Every time I talked to salesman he said on schedule. So I assumed that I could go and pick it up anytime after that. I took care of all my own financing so all I have to do is hand them a check, hook up and go, so I thought. We have our yearly camping/buggy ride planned for the 23rd so in my mind we were good to go. I did get them to setup delivery on the 23rd at 4pm but the dealer is 3 1/2 hours one way from my home and once home we have to pack up and head for the camping location. We will just have to wait till the 24th to go camping and miss out on the big Friday night camp fire thats planned. We will still have the buggy rides Sat & Sun and BBQ on Sat. Unless the RV has other problems and we can't get it on the 23rd.

"I don't wait well" and "I don't do good under pressure"

I know if thing can go wrong they will go wrong. We usually take the week before an event to pack and get ready so we don't forget things. This all happening on the same weekend might be too much for me.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:55 AM   #9
Cyber Phrenologist

I would say "OK, you don't have to do the walkthrough, get the owner, sales manager, service manager, really good service tech, just ANYBODY who can do the job to get it done for me."

Company policy (or other short comings) should not stand in the way of customer satisfaction.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:12 AM   #10

Got it home. Found 2 issues so far with it. First was it was to be gen ready. All switches wiring and hose were to be installed (so the salesman assured me). All I was to have to do is mount the gen in the box and hook the existing wires and hose and ready to go. The only thing that was done is the box is there with fuel hose run to it. No control panel or transfer switch.

The second problem is when they installed the awning the front leg is between the door and the hold open anchor for the door. So when the awning is open you can't leave the door open or it hits the awning leg and will tear up the door edge and the awning leg. Never noticed those things till I got it home (a 3 1/2 hr drive one way) from the dealer because the day I picked it up it was pouring rain.

Other that the two main issues and a few minor things that I can take care of myself we love it. The floor plan is perfect for us with our ATVs and a Polaris RZR. No more flattening the tires and tyeing down the suspension on the buggy to get through the back door of the Prowler.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #11

Kabrid

What did you do to resolve the door issue with the awning leg. I have noticed this on a number of these 27DWFP models that I have looked at!

Thanks
rsscoggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:47 AM   #12

rsscoggins

I put a 6" strip of door guard edging (used on the edge of auto door to stop chipping) on the door where it comes in contact with the awning arm and hold the door to the arm with a bungee cord when camping with door open and awning down. Not something I like to do but not much else can do short o a new awning. If I was ordering a new RV the same model I'd try to see if I could get a longer awning to go past the door hold open anchor point. I know it would put the arm in front of the window but that window is a slider and the arm would be down when camping any ways.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:28 PM   #13

kabrid

Everyone that I have looked at (used or new 27DWFP) has the awning in the same location. Bad design in my opinion - they should have either moved the owner or had the door open the other way....

Can you install one of those door catches like is on the side of the trailer on the awning leg to hold the door open? I will have to do as you did and put something on the door to keep it from banging the awning leg....
rsscoggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:05 PM   #14

I thought about putting an anchor on the awning leg but the way the leg telescopes and up and down it wouldn't work for me. What I did seems to work OK but if I have it long enough to replace the awning I will put a longer one on.

Other that that once we worked out the few issues we had we really like the RV and Forest River had been excellent to us. Would purchase andother of their products in a heart beat.

Tags
27dfwp, cherokee wolfpack