Old 02-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Welcome!

I'm surprised that there isn't more 19WPs out there. Maybe the lower price on the 19RR has made it more popular. We wanted the full width ramp so the 19WP was perfect for us.

So far our radio has been fine <fingers_crossed>
Got one. Bought it last year. Had to have it ordered as my local dealer (Cheyenne Camping Center) did not stock them. Actually preferred to have it specially ordered so I could get what I wanted. Got a 100 gallon freshwater tank, had them exclude the fuel tank, add a skylight, and some other things. The price was ok, too. I love it. It was the smallest toy hauler that would fit my two off road vehicles. We're not big people, so the smaller front bed is fine for us.

The one thing I really hate about this unit is how the rear couches turn into a bed. The table that is used as the center support is really heavy and awkward. Just a bad design. I ended up making a support piece that folds up and leave the table at home. Would also like it if the a/c ran off a thermostat instead of running constant.

I added a curtain to the front bedroom area, but other than that, use it as is. Nice little unit. Pull it with a half ton.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #12

Alright, Cap'n Ron, this is weird. Just went back and re-read your posts and I think we might have been separated at birth. My name is also Ron, I also drive a Nissan Titan (silver no less), and live in IL.

Anyway, forgot another mod I did. I modified the TV mounting swing arm so it would tilt downward. Now it swivels up and down as well as side to side. Makes TV viewing MUCH better.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjimmy View Post
Just registered. We have a 2011 19wp and love it. Bought it in january 2011.

Carry 2 ATVs no problem.

Also carry Kayaks and bikes.

Radio is crap but everything else is great. Replaced radio twice already.
My radio quit working as well, but I took it out and figured out the fuse was bad. It was weird. It was making enough contact to allow the red light to illuminate, but as soon as you went to turn it on, nothing. Anyway, a fuse and it's good to go.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #14

Let's see if I can post some pics of what few mods I've done.

First is the swivel mod for the TV. Cut the bracket in half, then welded a couple pieces on the outside, ran a bolt through it with some nylon washers and it works like a charm. Then the curtain divider between the front bedroom. Just bought a shower curtain that kind of matched the rest of the interior. Then bought this flexible track system online for RVs. Simple.
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #15

Ok, I seem to be the only one carrying the torch on this thread, but I'll continue on anyway.

One of the things I absolutely hate about this unit is the rear bed. I had a 2009 27wp and the rear couches were made of a metal structure that easily folded out to make one large rear bed. Well, they shelved that set up and went with the current set up which, IMO, sucks. Unless you are really short, you cannot sleep on one of the couches by itself. So, they made the table out of 3/4 mdf, which weighs about 100lbs and has an awkward folding leg structure. Its a pita to store on the front bed while the camper is in transit. So, I made this little folding board and I leave that crappy arse table at home when I go camping.

I made the board out of 5/8 plywood, which is 4 ply. It's 3ft by about 5 1/2ft and it is cut in half. Then I hinged it and made some slots for handles. It fits under the couch when extended and when in transit, I just stow it behind the folded up couch. Works great and is much, much more convenient than that crappy table set up.

The other thing I did was move the support pieces that are mounted to the couches. THey come mounted on the outside of the couch fabric. I took them off, rounded the edges, and then mounted them underneath the fabric skirt. Looks much better that way.

I considered buying a table, but to get one that is light, you have to go aluminum. 36" x 60" tables are not common and an aluminum one is nearly $400.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	folding rear bed support.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	10944   Click image for larger version

Name:	folding rear bed support 2.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	10945   Click image for larger version

Name:	folding rear bed support 3.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	10946  
Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #16

Here's some closer pics of the stuff I did to the couches.

I removed the support pieces for the center part of the rear bed. I ran them through a router and took the edge off, cut a 45 degree angle on the outside ends, then mounted them underneath the fabric. Now, they don't show, but are still functional and don't seem to affect the fabric at all. Less likely to hit your shin on them when walking bay and just looks better, IMO.

Also pictured is the InnerSpace mattress I picked up to replace that cheap, crappy thing the unit was shipped with. Will probably add a pillow top pad. It's a nice improvement and cost $171 from Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Couch support.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	12041   Click image for larger version

Name:	couch.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	12042   Click image for larger version

Name:	couch 2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	12043   Click image for larger version

Name:	InnerSpace mattress.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	12044   Click image for larger version

Name:	InnerSpace mattress 2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	12045  

Old 04-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #17

Completed the stove-top cutting board mod that several others have done (see the pimp my 19rr thread). What a great idea.

I used rubber cups on the bottom of the board. I plan to use the cutting board outside or on other surfaces and the rubber cups will make for a nice stable base. My stove controls are on top, so I had to take the board to a router and cut out a space there so the knobs wouldn't rub on the underside of the cutting board. I actually have 4 rubber cups on the bottom now.

Again, great idea - more counter space in the kitchen and still have a removable cutting board!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rubber cups.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	12987   Click image for larger version

Name:	rubber cup.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	12988   Click image for larger version

Name:	burner.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	12989   Click image for larger version

Name:	cutting board underside.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	12990   Click image for larger version

Name:	cutting board.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	12991  

Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockman View Post
Ok, I seem to be the only one carrying the torch on this thread, but I'll continue on anyway.

One of the things I absolutely hate about this unit is the rear bed. I had a 2009 27wp and the rear couches were made of a metal structure that easily folded out to make one large rear bed. Well, they shelved that set up and went with the current set up which, IMO, sucks. Unless you are really short, you cannot sleep on one of the couches by itself. So, they made the table out of 3/4 mdf, which weighs about 100lbs and has an awkward folding leg structure. Its a pita to store on the front bed while the camper is in transit. So, I made this little folding board and I leave that crappy arse table at home when I go camping.

I made the board out of 5/8 plywood, which is 4 ply. It's 3ft by about 5 1/2ft and it is cut in half. Then I hinged it and made some slots for handles. It fits under the couch when extended and when in transit, I just stow it behind the folded up couch. Works great and is much, much more convenient than that crappy table set up.

The other thing I did was move the support pieces that are mounted to the couches. THey come mounted on the outside of the couch fabric. I took them off, rounded the edges, and then mounted them underneath the fabric skirt. Looks much better that way.

I considered buying a table, but to get one that is light, you have to go aluminum. 36" x 60" tables are not common and an aluminum one is nearly $400.
What do you use for a table now? I'm planning on the same mod, but removing the second sofa completely & was going to attach the base to the new top, which would be stained & varnished. Maybe I'll just make it with removable or folding legs.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #19

I don't take a table with me. The places we camp normally have tables there. It's never been a problem.

I thought about ways to make the top hinged to the couch and then just tuck it under the bottom couch cushion. Didn't come up with anything that worked since this folding board thing works pretty well for us. We need the rear bed when we camp. I'm a snoring fool, specially when I been drinking. So the wife and kid share the couch bed since it's plenty big, and I sleep in the smaller bed up front.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockman View Post
I don't take a table with me. The places we camp normally have tables there. It's never been a problem.

I thought about ways to make the top hinged to the couch and then just tuck it under the bottom couch cushion. Didn't come up with anything that worked since this folding board thing works pretty well for us. We need the rear bed when we camp. I'm a snoring fool, specially when I been drinking. So the wife and kid share the couch bed since it's plenty big, and I sleep in the smaller bed up front.
Thanks for the reply I might use the original table base as support as we are planning on removing the second sofa, but make it a quick breakdown with carriage bolts & wing nuts

Tags
19wp