Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #21

19wp 2013

Hi Ron
So glad you are out there. Have you had any issues with yours?
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockman View Post
I don't take a table with me. The places we camp normally have tables there. It's never been a problem.

I thought about ways to make the top hinged to the couch and then just tuck it under the bottom couch cushion. Didn't come up with anything that worked since this folding board thing works pretty well for us. We need the rear bed when we camp. I'm a snoring fool, specially when I been drinking. So the wife and kid share the couch bed since it's plenty big, and I sleep in the smaller bed up front.
That table got my fingers a few times. I did something similar to what you did but used three pieces of wood (you can see in first picture). I also found that two walmart folding tables fit very neatly behind the couches when camping. I'm thinking out a way to use the plastic tables (pretty sturdy) to fill the gap for making the bed. Way more table('s) and less weight and space.

An idea that I have been toying with is having the sofa across from where we sit be an entertainment center. I was going to do this by having shelving attached to the bottom of it and then when lifting it up (similar to travel position where it is anchored to the wall) you would get the shelving and storage. I was thinking along the lines of something like box shelving.

When the back sofas are made into a bed I think they make a pretty good bed. But I added a memory 3" foam topper to it (california king fits nicely) and on the first night's test I slept until 10:00 AM. Which is unusual because I'm 6'1", 340 lbs, with back problems. The discomfort usually has me out of bed by 8:00 AM whether I want to sleep in or not. The foam topper will make all the difference when I'm out camping and actually getting something that resembles exercise.
apollumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #23

Nice. How wide is that wallyworld table?

This table would fit perfectly, but it's nearly $400. That just ain't in the budget.

http://www.worthingtondirect.com/sch...DING_TABLE.htm
Old 03-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
Hi Ron
So glad you are out there. Have you had any issues with yours?
Not really. I did have a mouse or two get inside, but after crawling underneath, I found where they were getting in and sealed that up with some black gorilla tape. No problems since. I did damage the outside hose due to me not blowing it out prior to winter. Aside from that, I love this toy hauler. I take a quad and an off-road buggy with us on trips, and this was the smallest toy hauler that would do that, and still be pulled with a 1/2 ton. It's a great little toy hauler for the money.

If I could design one, I would have a sideways queen bed in the front like the Grey Wolf.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockman View Post
Nice. How wide is that wallyworld table?

This table would fit perfectly, but it's nearly $400. That just ain't in the budget.

A365WL Alulite All-Aluminum Folding Table by Southern Aluminum Light Weight Folding Tables
It's just a little short width wise. But the height (table thickness) is very close if the bottom of the plastic table were flush with the wooden support rungs. What I've been thinking is to fashion something to use three strips of extruded aluminum tube or heavy aluminum angle. Actually, this would be an easy thing to think through for implementation.

I don't want single purpose equipment that becomes dead weight though. So I've been thinking about how I can put this metal to use while camping. The Walmart table is pretty cheap. Best I remember around $50.
apollumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #26

Hi everyone! I've been absent for a while. It's nice to see some more 19WP owners!

We love our and had a lot of fun with it the first season after buying it. But, unfortunately, it's been in storage since the ned of October, 2011. I ran into a heath speedbump during the spring of 2012 that didn't allow us to use the trailer all last season. It's been parked, covered, in a friend's yard, covered since then. We go and move it once in a while and check regularly for mice and we've had a few get inI haven't climbed underneath to figure out where they are getting in. We keep traps in several spots within the trailer and hat seems to be working. We're going to move it to our driveway in a couple of weeks so I can check then.

We did find a couple of problems, both minor. One of the outdoor speakers quit working. I hope it's as simple as a loose connection but I haven't looked yet. Also, the kitchen drawers are sagging at the rear on the right side. It looks like the drawer rail on the side is just floating, not connected to anything. I'm not aure how to get in there to fix that.

We've added a curtain to the front near the bedroom similar to the one that Sockman added. Ours goes straight across from the fridge are to the edge of the door so the bathroom is also closed off. My wife sleeps up there and she wanted a little more privacy. We also don't use the original table and don't use the couches folded down together as a bed. Our passenger side couch stays up and we set up a table like the one in apollumi's picture in front of that couch. I have added a piece of PVC pipe to each leg of the table to bring it up to counter height so we can work here standing up. We use the trailer for BBQ competitions and that is our prep table. I sleep on the other couch.

I want to add a couple of thing this spring. I want to add a gap cover to bridge the gap where the ramp hinge is and a transition flap at the bottom of the ramp to make it easier to roll our smokers/grills in and out. Has anyone added these?

Sorry for the long message. Lots to catch up on! It looks like our first competition this year is Memorial Day weekend so we have to start getting things ready soon!

2022 Georgetown GT5 31L5
2013 Ford Edge Limited

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #27

Hope you have worked out your health issues. I had mice, too, but it was an easy fix. I crawled under there and found the underbelly had a large opening where one of the water lines went up. Pretty easy place for a mouse to get inside. Some black gorilla tape to seal up the opening, and I have not had a mouse since. I did take the time to check all around the underbelly for any other areas, and did not see any other openings. Pretty simple.

My bro-in-law competes in BBQ competition in the area, and I let him use the toy hauler one year. We didn't haul any of the smokers or grilles in it, though. I tell you what, when I went to pick it up, it stunk like nobody's bidness. He let the gray tank get so full that it backed up into the shower. THey had been washing their hands and all that rub and stuff like that just stunk. Took a month or so before there was no trace left.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #28

Sockman how did you mount your tv bracket to the wall i was wondering what is behind the paneling, the bracket i have was pretty heavy and came 2 1/2" lag bolts, I wanted add a little bigger tv 28"
Paul Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Beard View Post
Sockman how did you mount your tv bracket to the wall i was wondering what is behind the paneling, the bracket i have was pretty heavy and came 2 1/2" lag bolts, I wanted add a little bigger tv 28"
Ya know, I never did take the bracket off the wall. Just took the hinged part off, then cut it in half, and fab'd up a hinge. I have no idea what it's mounted to behind the wall. I would hope it's into a 2x2 wall stud.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #30

Just picked up our 2013 19 wp. Will be taking the maiden voyage soon. Was disappointed in that we found the sewer hose storage tube too short. And the water pump only had kinked lines hooked up to it. ( no electrical at all) I did straighten that out myself. Really can't wait to start traveling! Wife is already looking at places to go.
pmedic433 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19wp