Old 03-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #1

Any 19WP Onwers?

My wife and I are getting close to buying a 2011 Wolf Pack 19WP to use at BBQ Competitions. It has a lot of the features that we have been looking for; a front bed, a full width ramp, and a fold down rear couch/bed. It is also a good size for the two of use and will fit into the typical cook site that are used at the BBQ competitions that we cook in. It is also small enough that i can park it on our driveway in between competitions and light enough that I can tow it with my Nissan Titan truck.

But... None of the Cherokee dealers near our home (Chicago suburbs) have one on the lot. They are all willing to order one for me (of course ) but I want to see one in person before I go that far. We're about 2 1/2 hours from the factory and we'll probably drive over in the next two or three weeks depending on scheduled to a dealer a few minutes from the factory to see one.

So, I know that this is a new floor plan, and I haven;t found much about it on any of the various RV forums. Are there any 19WP owners here? I'd love to hear your thoughts, good or bad, and have a chance to pick your brain a little.

Thanks!

...ron

Old 03-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #2

No one?

We're going to look at one on Friday.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
Wolf pack is a great quailty brand. New have great insulation. I would say great camper? And maybe look into options with it. Remember to start taking questions down to ask dealer before last paper is signed. Make sure you almost know more then him about unit. You will be fine with a great unit.

scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #4

Thanks... Good advice. I already have a list ready for him and I'm sure that more will come up if we decide to buy

I also had a chance to meet the Product Manager for the Wolf Pack line at an RV show in Chicago. It was great to pick his brain for 15 minutes or so.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
The biggest thing is you pay their wages. Don't trust they will give you the best information or know everything. You may have a walk through with a person that knows the size of screws used. You may also have a walk through with a person that doesn't know what a screw is. Don't accept a I don't know, or tell them you won't sign till they do know. You did make a couple great choices already with picking the product manager's brain for a while, and started on this forum. Make sure to ask too many questions(forum and sales person).

scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #6

No other 19WP owners out there? I'm feeling lonely

2011 Wolf Pack 19WP
2015 Ford F250 XLT CC SB 4X4 6.2L 3.73

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #7

We purchased 2011 last fall only got to use it once. At the time we had a 2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab truck. Added sway bars and electric brakes. The trailer pushed the truck around and was a struggle to pull up hills in Wisconsin. Husband traded truck for a larger diesel truck. We were told at the time that our truck was sufficient to tow the trailer. We plan to go out west this fall and there was no way that truck could have pulled the trailer up mountains without dropping the gas mileage and power of the truck severely.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #8

We pulled ours home without any problems. We took Route 20 out of the Elkhart area and it has some decent hills and we had no problems with our 2006 Titan. We're going to be using it almost every weekend starting in mid-May so we'll see how it goes.

Oh yeah... Welcome to the forum!

2011 Wolf Pack 19WP

Old 01-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #9

Just registered. We have a 2011 19wp and love it. Bought it in january 2011.

Carry 2 ATVs no problem.

Also carry Kayaks and bikes.

Radio is crap but everything else is great. Replaced radio twice already.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #10

Welcome!

I'm surprised that there isn't more 19WPs out there. Maybe the lower price on the 19RR has made it more popular. We wanted the full width ramp so the 19WP was perfect for us.

So far our radio has been fine <fingers_crossed>

2011 Wolf Pack 19WP

Tags
19wp