Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #1

Any tire warranty?

I have my 39b12 in for service at camping world. It is in for a few minor repairs that are needed before my warranty runs out in February. I got a call from the service guy and he tells me that my tires are separating and I need 6 new tires. I can believe this as I had a blow out on a short trip late last month. The service guy tells me that Forest River will not warranty the tires, not even some sort of prorate.

Any one else had issue like this? I have kept the air pressure up on these tires, they are less than a year old, and I doubt they have 2000 miles on them. This seems strange. Thanks for your input.
BRUCEANDCYNDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:04 PM   #2
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Tired of cheap tires

You MAY have a warranty thru a company called Treadit. It took some talking to Roger with Prime Time to find this out. Mine were just under 2yrs old (less than one yr old of me having the trailer sold as new) and had about 2k miles on them as well. All 4 separated, and I got most of the cost of replacement tires. Unfortunately, I was far away from anywhere, and had to use Big O's house tires. I expect to have troubles soon, so, before my next long trip, the Commodores will be gone to a landscaper!!!!!

Good Luck!
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:06 PM   #3
Site Team

Forest River used (I haven't checked recently) to buy their tires/rims from mainly a supplier called Lionshead. This is where the ones on my Flagstaff came from. You might can check with them:

http://lionshead.digitalhill.com/Brands

What brand/name tires do you currently have on your trailer.

http://lionshead.digitalhill.com/med...Update-pdf.pdf

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #4

There is a tire sticker of some sort next to the entrance door on my 327CK that I believe provides some sort of warranty. Might want to check out yours.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #5

Did you buy your trailer at the Camping World where you have it or even another Camping World? Because if you did Camping World should be bending over backwards to take care of everything required to pursue the warranty claim with whoever the tire manufacturer is? If that's the case they should be doing all the legwork but then again its Camping World.

That's no different to me than if the fridge crapped itself. Its warranted by Dometic not Forest River, and I would expect my dealer to handle the process to have it replaced under the Dometic warranty.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:25 PM   #6

Talking Tire Warranty

We had one tire on our Prime Time Manufacturing 2012 Crusader 270RET fifth wheel trailer wear uneven and had it covered under warranty. Prime Time Manufacturing had provided a list of warranty providers with our documentation. We contacted TBC corp which provided the tires to Prime Time Manufacturing, they had us take the trailer to a local dealer where they evaluated the tire and replaced it. Our cost was about $10 for mounting. The tire was a Road Rider ST, ST225/75R15. I have attached a photo of the uneven wear.
drelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUCEANDCYNDI View Post
I have my 39b12 in for service at camping world. It is in for a few minor repairs that are needed before my warranty runs out in February. I got a call from the service guy and he tells me that my tires are separating and I need 6 new tires. I can believe this as I had a blow out on a short trip late last month. The service guy tells me that Forest River will not warranty the tires, not even some sort of prorate.

Any one else had issue like this? I have kept the air pressure up on these tires, they are less than a year old, and I doubt they have 2000 miles on them. This seems strange. Thanks for your input.
Make sure you report this to the NHTSA. Pictures, if possible, all codes on the sidewalls, all info you can get. This is the only way we can get the Chinese trash off the market.
When buying a new [or used] unit, NEVER leave the lot with Chinese tires on it. You are begging for trouble and you will get it.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #8

Just take the loss and get a set of Goodyear G614 tires. They should fit your Vengeance. Then, you'll probably never have tire problems again.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #9

How do I know if I have garbage tires or not? I have a 26rr with the upgraded radials so they say. What are good brands to swith to that will fit if mine are junk?
drb1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:04 PM   #10

If they are made in China, they are garbage. Depending on the size of your tires, you can buy them made in virtually any other country. There is a 4 didgit code on the sidewall that will tell you exactly which tire plant they came from.
The American major tire companies sell ST tires, although they may be made in Thailand, Taiwan, Europe, etc. Just stay away from China if possible. Sometimes you don't have an option as we did last year when we had 3 blowouts and a sidewall separation while on the way to the FL Keys. The only ST tires we could find were Akurets of which two of those have blown out on us. Not a lot of choice in the Keys.
Anytime you have a blowout, keep the tire, if possible. If not, take pictures and copy all the sidewall codes to include the date of manufacture. Report it to the NHTSA and let them deal with it. Sooner or later we will get their attention.
http://www.tiresafetygroup.com/tire-...ed-plant-code/
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb1984 View Post
How do I know if I have garbage tires or not? I have a 26rr with the upgraded radials so they say. What are good brands to swith to that will fit if mine are junk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
If they are made in China, they are garbage. Depending on the size of your tires, you can buy them made in virtually any other country. There is a 4 didgit code on the sidewall that will tell you exactly which tire plant they came from.
The American major tire companies sell ST tires, although they may be made in Thailand, Taiwan, Europe, etc. Just stay away from China if possible. Sometimes you don't have an option as we did last year when we had 3 blowouts and a sidewall separation while on the way to the FL Keys. The only ST tires we could find were Akurets of which two of those have blown out on us. Not a lot of choice in the Keys.
Anytime you have a blowout, keep the tire, if possible. If not, take pictures and copy all the sidewall codes to include the date of manufacture. Report it to the NHTSA and let them deal with it. Sooner or later we will get their attention.
Tire DOT Plant Codes – Sorted by Plant Code - Tire Safety Group
DRB...you didn't say the details about "upgraded" tires. Upgraded how? DIY or factory.

Follow BlackHats advise and check the code to find the actual place and factory of manufacture at this site: All the D.O.T. Tire Plant Codes
Old 04-13-2016, 11:32 PM   #12

Also, have the tires "balanced" or add the "tire balance beads" it's well worth the money. You'll find none of the RV trailer/fifth wheel manufactures have the tires balanced. It will shake the heck out of your RV and damage the tires & frame components!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spydernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:48 PM   #13
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
If they are made in China, they are garbage.
Not necessarily. Indeed, some are. Many are decent tires. Our Duro radials are five yrs out with over 25K km under them. One has even had a puncture repair and thus far is no worse for wear.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:10 AM   #14

Agreed kandl. Between my Duro 2100 radials and Hercules Power STR I have 22,500 trouble free miles.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #15

Tires, tires, tires, I had one of my 4 tires on my 2016 Vengeance 3062v Toy Hauler develop a bubble in the side wall sitting in my driveway. Bought a Goodyear for a spare and installed the spare on my unit so I'd have all 4 identical. 3 days into our trip out west, an observant driver flags me down telling me I had a large bubble on the inside sidewall of one tire. Inspecting the tires I found 2 others with bubbles in the side walls, inside and outside. Limped back to town and found a tire dealer. Replaced all 4 "original Constancy LY188 Chinese tires" with Tow Max tires. Balanced & nitrogen filled. (towmaxtires.com) Working with Lionshead on Warrentee issues. On the road for 45 more days. I'll report back.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:23 AM   #16
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
There is a tire sticker of some sort next to the entrance door on my 327CK that I believe provides some sort of warranty. Might want to check out yours.

I think you are referring to the "Tire Placard" of vehicle Certification" label that all vehicles have. This is not a warranty sticker.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:27 AM   #17
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydernut View Post
Tires, tires, tires, I had one of my 4 tires on my 2016 Vengeance 3062v Toy Hauler develop a bubble in the side wall sitting in my driveway. Bought a Goodyear for a spare and installed the spare on my unit so I'd have all 4 identical. 3 days into our trip out west, an observant driver flags me down telling me I had a large bubble on the inside sidewall of one tire. Inspecting the tires I found 2 others with bubbles in the side walls, inside and outside. Limped back to town and found a tire dealer. Replaced all 4 "original Constancy LY188 Chinese tires" with Tow Max tires. Balanced & nitrogen filled. (towmaxtires.com) Working with Lionshead on Warrentee issues. On the road for 45 more days. I'll report back.

Did you capture photos of each tire? Record the DOT serial? FIle a complaint for EACH failed tire with NHTSA?
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
I think you are referring to the "Tire Placard" of vehicle Certification" label that all vehicles have. This is not a warranty sticker.
No, he's correct. I had a similar sticker on my 327CK, but I don't recall its specifics.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:05 PM   #19

Yep, all 5 with the same DOT
Filed a complaint form with NHTSA

Tags
tire, warranty