Old 01-11-2016, 12:47 PM   #1

Any tire warranty?

I have my 39b12 in for service at camping world. It is in for a few minor repairs that are needed before my warranty runs out in February. I got a call from the service guy and he tells me that my tires are separating and I need 6 new tires. I can believe this as I had a blow out on a short trip late last month. The service guy tells me that Forest River will not warranty the tires, not even some sort of prorate.

Any one else had issue like this? I have kept the air pressure up on these tires, they are less than a year old, and I doubt they have 2000 miles on them. This seems strange. Thanks for your input.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #2
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Tired of cheap tires

You MAY have a warranty thru a company called Treadit. It took some talking to Roger with Prime Time to find this out. Mine were just under 2yrs old (less than one yr old of me having the trailer sold as new) and had about 2k miles on them as well. All 4 separated, and I got most of the cost of replacement tires. Unfortunately, I was far away from anywhere, and had to use Big O's house tires. I expect to have troubles soon, so, before my next long trip, the Commodores will be gone to a landscaper!!!!!

Good Luck!

A Loving wife and Mason the always dirty dog!
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:06 PM   #3
Site Team

Forest River used (I haven't checked recently) to buy their tires/rims from mainly a supplier called Lionshead. This is where the ones on my Flagstaff came from. You might can check with them:

http://lionshead.digitalhill.com/Brands

What brand/name tires do you currently have on your trailer.

http://lionshead.digitalhill.com/med...Update-pdf.pdf

Materialism: buying things we donít need with money we donít have to impress people that donít matter.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:09 PM   #4

There is a tire sticker of some sort next to the entrance door on my 327CK that I believe provides some sort of warranty. Might want to check out yours.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:16 PM   #5

Did you buy your trailer at the Camping World where you have it or even another Camping World? Because if you did Camping World should be bending over backwards to take care of everything required to pursue the warranty claim with whoever the tire manufacturer is? If that's the case they should be doing all the legwork but then again its Camping World.

That's no different to me than if the fridge crapped itself. Its warranted by Dometic not Forest River, and I would expect my dealer to handle the process to have it replaced under the Dometic warranty.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:25 PM   #6

Talking Tire Warranty

We had one tire on our Prime Time Manufacturing 2012 Crusader 270RET fifth wheel trailer wear uneven and had it covered under warranty. Prime Time Manufacturing had provided a list of warranty providers with our documentation. We contacted TBC corp which provided the tires to Prime Time Manufacturing, they had us take the trailer to a local dealer where they evaluated the tire and replaced it. Our cost was about $10 for mounting. The tire was a Road Rider ST, ST225/75R15. I have attached a photo of the uneven wear.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:57 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUCEANDCYNDI View Post
I have my 39b12 in for service at camping world. It is in for a few minor repairs that are needed before my warranty runs out in February. I got a call from the service guy and he tells me that my tires are separating and I need 6 new tires. I can believe this as I had a blow out on a short trip late last month. The service guy tells me that Forest River will not warranty the tires, not even some sort of prorate.

Any one else had issue like this? I have kept the air pressure up on these tires, they are less than a year old, and I doubt they have 2000 miles on them. This seems strange. Thanks for your input.
Make sure you report this to the NHTSA. Pictures, if possible, all codes on the sidewalls, all info you can get. This is the only way we can get the Chinese trash off the market.
When buying a new [or used] unit, NEVER leave the lot with Chinese tires on it. You are begging for trouble and you will get it.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:26 PM   #8
Usually Confused Member

Just take the loss and get a set of Goodyear G614 tires. They should fit your Vengeance. Then, you'll probably never have tire problems again.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #9

How do I know if I have garbage tires or not? I have a 26rr with the upgraded radials so they say. What are good brands to swith to that will fit if mine are junk?
Old 01-11-2016, 07:04 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
If they are made in China, they are garbage. Depending on the size of your tires, you can buy them made in virtually any other country. There is a 4 didgit code on the sidewall that will tell you exactly which tire plant they came from.
The American major tire companies sell ST tires, although they may be made in Thailand, Taiwan, Europe, etc. Just stay away from China if possible. Sometimes you don't have an option as we did last year when we had 3 blowouts and a sidewall separation while on the way to the FL Keys. The only ST tires we could find were Akurets of which two of those have blown out on us. Not a lot of choice in the Keys.
Anytime you have a blowout, keep the tire, if possible. If not, take pictures and copy all the sidewall codes to include the date of manufacture. Report it to the NHTSA and let them deal with it. Sooner or later we will get their attention.
http://www.tiresafetygroup.com/tire-...ed-plant-code/

Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, warranty