Old 07-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #101

Jim - I've got a Heritage and a bagger - usually load the Bagger in to the 19rr given the preference of DaBoss (she who must be obeyed).

I'll say this. You can squeeze by on the side of the oven, but (and I mean this literally) Watch yer arse. I've gone by the bike after its loaded and accidentally turned on the gas to the stove. If you got your bottles turned off, its not a big deal. But if yer runnin yer fridge on gas and you kick on a burner tryin to slip by the handlebars...(do the math)

I usually load the bike last, then slide anything "extra" in after. We have some corner shelving we use as well as some fans to get the a/c in to the bunk area we make sure are on the bunk or the overhead bunk before we travel. Bike goes in last, just before you're ready to hit the road.

I'd post more pics, but we're parked til we leave for Sturgis later this month. Will post more after that.

Sportster
...strap it down, hook it up - lets roll!

Old 07-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #102

Thanks Sportster. I have a 38 waist, so it might be a tight squeeze for me.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCliff View Post
Speaking of spare tire, Where did you guys put yours?
I just have mine under the bed, along with the jack and needed tools.
Was curious if there is a better solution. Thanks Cliff
Cliff - check out the "Pimp my 19RR" thread for my solution for the spare tire. Tom

Pimp my 19RR!

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #104

Figured this would be a great place to pop my posting cherry and say hello. My wife and I just purchased a 2012 Grey Wolf 19RR a couple weeks ago and took our first camping trip in it last weekend. So far we absolutely love it! This model was perfect for us because it's got more of an emphasis on the living quarters but still plenty of room for my race bike and a pit bike. It was also on the short list because of its low weight, it tows easily behind my 2011 Nissan Pathfinder with the V6. Looks like the 19RR has a great little following and I look forward to hopefully contributing as I get to know mine better over the next few months.
SlowerThanU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #105

Welcome "SlowerThanU". Glad to have another 19RR owner (and you 21RR owners too) posting on this and the "Pimp my 19RR" threads! Pretty soon we will have so many we will have to plan a "Grey Wolf 19RR/21RR Jamboree"! Maybe North Carolina or Tennessee and we can all go for motorcycle rides in the mountains.

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 07-30-2011, 12:13 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerThanU View Post
Figured this would be a great place to pop my posting cherry and say hello. My wife and I just purchased a 2012 Grey Wolf 19RR a couple weeks ago and took our first camping trip in it last weekend. So far we absolutely love it! This model was perfect for us because it's got more of an emphasis on the living quarters but still plenty of room for my race bike and a pit bike. It was also on the short list because of its low weight, it tows easily behind my 2011 Nissan Pathfinder with the V6. Looks like the 19RR has a great little following and I look forward to hopefully contributing as I get to know mine better over the next few months.
Welcome!!! Glad to have another 19RR owner chime in!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #107

LP Detector Going Off - Has anyone had problems with their LP detector going off? Twice last week I went out and heard it squealing. After the first time, I shut off the valves at both tanks to make sure no LP could be leaking, but the next day it was going off again. I have a full cover over my trailer and it has been extremely hot lately. Not sure if the cover is "outgasing" or something else in the trailer, but with both valves turned off and I don't smell anything like LP gas in the trailer, I didn't know what else to do after the second time it went off.

For now, I pulled the 12V fuse for the antenna booster since the LP detector on my 19RR is on the same circuit. I guess until I take it out next, remove the RV cover and air it out and run the A/C, I will not know if the detector is faulty. Just wondered if anyone else had issues with the LP detector. It is the detector down by the floor on the side of the cabinet near the circuit breaker and fuse panel.

Thanks... Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 07-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #108
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Tom,
They overfilled my LP tanks at the dealer. I smelled LP for a couple weeks. Took it to the dealer and they told me that with the heat and over filling the valves were purging a little. If you have yours covered, it may be getting in the trailer as it is trapped by the cover.
Did you recently fill both or one of the tanks?
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #109

Tom, I have not had any issue with mine...
Old 07-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #110

Thanks Scot and Olga. No, I have not had my tanks filled. Also, my cover goes down over the front of the trailer, but doesn't go over the tanks, so the tanks (other than the white plastic cover that they come covered with) is still out side.

Odd. If it keeps acting up, I will have to see if they will swap mine out. Thanks!

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior