Old 12-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #121

Ed/Jason - I did some research on the weights of the 19RR with different siding and I stand corrected. Ed was right with the FR 19RR, going fiberglass with the siding adds approximately 500 lbs based on what the dealer said.

FR did not post the weight difference on their website, so I asked the dealer I bought mine from. He said with FR, they do not change the overall construction of the trailer when you go fiberglass. They still have the same paneling on the inside, then a frame structure and then just the outer skin can be aluminum or fiberglass.

The dealer said the "ultra light" trailers that you see and are typically fiberglass (smooth) use a totally different construction where the entire wall of the trailer is much like the doors on the 19RR, with two thin layers of skin laminated to a solid Styrofoam core. This laminated wall construction is strong, thin and light, but the dealer said very hard to repair without the internal frame that is more typical and like the 19RR has.

I stand corrected that the aluminum sided 19RR is the lighter of the two.

Tom

P.S. - Jason -I will go out an remeasure from the rear gate to the rear of the fender well and get you the width of the fender well and the distance between the fender well and cabinets. I will send those to you in a private message, so I don't fill up this forum with dimensions. If anyone else wants those dimensions, let me know and I will forward the messages I send Jason.

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #122

thanks Tom,
email is jrubicon@yahoo. com
Thanks for talking to the dealer, although you know these guys, their trying to sell you. The best person to talk to is Forest River.
I like the aluminum side because of the price. I like the fiberglass side, smoother, easy to seal, etc.
toss up!

Old 12-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #123

Tom, thank you so much, your the best. I want this TH, the measurements are good and will fit. I know about the 21 foot but i prefer a compact TH, easier for long trips.

Heres a diagram of my plans

Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #124

Old 12-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #125

Thanks for the info Tom and good luck Jason...Ed
nailit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #126

This is what i need to haul, including the bottom pit cart. It will all fit with creativity...
Old 12-07-2011, 01:15 AM   #127

deleted
Old 12-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #128

I am seriously considering a 19RR. I haven't had the chance to see one in person yet, just what I am pulling up on the Internet. Looks like a nice unit and would fit my needs perfectly. Do these come with torsion axles or leaf spring? Love seeing all the great mods here.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo View Post
I am seriously considering a 19RR. I haven't had the chance to see one in person yet, just what I am pulling up on the Internet. Looks like a nice unit and would fit my needs perfectly. Do these come with torsion axles or leaf spring? Love seeing all the great mods here.
A couple more questions if I could. Where is the furnace located? Is it ducted in more than one place? I can see a louver under the fridge and wondered what that was. Also it appears the power panel is located under the wardrobe/pantry by the couch? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #130

Welcome to the Forum.

The FR Grey Wolf 19RR does use leaf springs on the tandem axles. The furnace is located next to the fridge under the wardrobe. It is ducted to two locations, one to the immediate left at the foot of the bed and then a long tube going under the fridge, stove and through the kitchen cabinet and the register is at the end of the kitchen cabinet right at the entry door.

Yes, under the other wardrobe/pantry is where the power panel with your fuses and circuit breakers are located.

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote