Old 12-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #131

Tom, those black covers underneath each ward cabinet/ pantry, their the heat vents?
Do you think i can move the whole pantry storage in the garage and put it next to the ward in the bedroom? You mind emailing me? would it be ok to ask you directly by email?
thanks jason jrubicon at yahoo dot com

Old 12-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #132

The heater registers (vents) are round and only on the side of the cabinet/pantry in the bedroom and on the side of the kitchen cabinets next to each drawer to the right of the sink. If you look at page 8 and 9 of this same blog, on page 8 you will see the heater duct running behind the two drawers that typically need reinforced and then on page 9, you will see the round register on the side of the kitchen sink cabinet.

As far as relocating the entire cabinet/pantry/ward that is in the main room across from the stove, I would think it would be VERY DIFFICULT to relocate this cabinet because in the base of this cabinet, the brown plastic rectangular panel you see is where all the electric in the trailer is run to and this is your 12V fuse panel and 120V circuit breakers. At the most, you might cut off everything on top of this panel and move the cabinets, but you would most likely need to leave the very base with the electric panel in it unless you want to rewire the entire trailer.

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
Welcome to the Forum.

The FR Grey Wolf 19RR does use leaf springs on the tandem axles. The furnace is located next to the fridge under the wardrobe. It is ducted to two locations, one to the immediate left at the foot of the bed and then a long tube going under the fridge, stove and through the kitchen cabinet and the register is at the end of the kitchen cabinet right at the entry door.

Yes, under the other wardrobe/pantry is where the power panel with your fuses and circuit breakers are located.

Tom
Thanks for the info. Hoping I can get a deal done on the 19rr soon. Do you think it would be possible to put a larger tire or tire/wheel on to increase ground clearance? I wasn't sure if ther was room or not. Thanks again.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo View Post
Thanks for the info. Hoping I can get a deal done on the 19rr soon. Do you think it would be possible to put a larger tire or tire/wheel on to increase ground clearance? I wasn't sure if ther was room or not. Thanks again.
There seems to be a fair amount of room to go larger on the tires (maybe go from 14" to 15" or 16". I am traveling this week for work, so I can't make any measurements between the tire and the fender well with the trailer unloaded, since I am not home. I guess the clearance would also depend on how much weight you put in the TH since that would cause the leaf springs to compress.

I would be concerned about raising the trailer too high just to gain ground clearance since it would raise the center of gravity and make the trailer tip easier and also you would have to raise the hitch on your vehicle since you are raising the tongue to keep the TH level during trailering.

I have seen some of those new Popup campers that have large wheels and large ground clearances for the guys that want to pull their popups with their 4x4 back in the woods for hunting. Not sure if the GW 19RR with large tires would be that good of a rig for doing that.

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 12-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
There seems to be a fair amount of room to go larger on the tires (maybe go from 14" to 15" or 16". I am traveling this week for work, so I can't make any measurements between the tire and the fender well with the trailer unloaded, since I am not home. I guess the clearance would also depend on how much weight you put in the TH since that would cause the leaf springs to compress.

I would be concerned about raising the trailer too high just to gain ground clearance since it would raise the center of gravity and make the trailer tip easier and also you would have to raise the hitch on your vehicle since you are raising the tongue to keep the TH level during trailering.

I have seen some of those new Popup campers that have large wheels and large ground clearances for the guys that want to pull their popups with their 4x4 back in the woods for hunting. Not sure if the GW 19RR with large tires would be that good of a rig for doing that.
I was thinking about going to a load range D 15" tire in a 205 or 225. I would gain from 1" to 2" in height and the D rated tires wouldn't squat quite as much and hold up a little better on the rocky roads I travel. Not really looking at "serious" offroading but several places I camp ground clearance can be an issue. I will only haul 1 ATV. I wasn't sure how far the drain piping hangs down on the 19RR. My current setup, a 28' Eclipse Attitude, the drainpipe dosent have alot of clearance.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:49 PM   #136

Could anyone tell me how wide and deep the entertainment center/shelf is in the rear corner? Just wondering if there is enough room there to set my Dish reciever?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo
Could anyone tell me how wide and deep the entertainment center/shelf is in the rear corner? Just wondering if there is enough room there to set my Dish reciever?
18.5" x 11.5"

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 12-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #138

This was a report of a 19RR, in May of last year. I bought my 19RR in March.......I am having mine inspected....

LIPPERT 3500 (AXLE) 9999 Safety Review #10350396 LIPPERT 3500 (AXLE) 9999 car safety problem was reported on Aug 04, 2010.LIPPERT 3500 (AXLE) 9999, manufactured by LIPPERT COMPONENTS, INC. had a problem with EQUIPMENT:MECHANICAL . CASE # 287233, SUBMITTED 8-17-2010. 2010 FOREST RIVER INC, CHEROKEE GREY WOLF MODEL 19RR. U BOLTS CAME LOOSE ON BOTH AXLES ALLOWING AXLES TO MOVE OFF OF THEIR LOCATING PIN ON LEAF SPRINGS. THE WHEELS SHIFTED RIGHT ALLOWING BOTH RIGHT TIRES TO RUB ON INNER WHEEL WELL. THE CONDITION WAS DISCOVERED WHEN THE CAMPER WAS RETURNED TO THE DEALER FOR UNUSUAL TIRE WEAR AND CRACKING IN THE TIRE THREADS. THE CAMPER PURCHASED NEW ON MAY 15, 2010 AND THE CONDITION NOTED ON AUG.4, 2010 WHILE EXAMINING THE TIRES. THE DEALER HAS BEEN VERY RESPONSIVE AND FILED WARRENTY CLAIMS WITH BOTH FOREST RIVER INC. AND LIPPERT COMPONENTS INC. THE AXEL ASSEMBLEY MANUFACTURER. BOTH HAVE BEEN UNRESPONSIVE TO DATE. THIS IS AN ON GOING PROBLEM WITH FOREST RIVER CAMPERS. I SHARED THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ODI REPORTS 10284710, 10225758 AND 10284602 WITH THE SERVICE MANAGER MAX YOUNG, WHO CONFIRMED UPON READING THE REPORTS, THAT THIS IS THE IDENTICAL PROBLEM. HE SAID LIPPERT COMPONENTS SUPPLIES THE AXLES AS SUBASSEMBLIES, WITH THE U BOLTS ALREADY INSTALLED TO FOREST RIVER. THEREFORE FOREST RIVER DOES NOT WANT TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY. IT SEEMS LIKELY THAT THE U- BOLTS ARE EITHER OVERLOADED OR MATERIALLY DEFECTIVE FOR THE INSTALLATION AND APPEAR TO BE STRETCHING AND ALLOWING THE NUTS TO ROTATE. THE RESULT IS THEN THE AXELS SHIFT OUT OF POSITION. THIS CAMPER HAS APPROX. 5500 MILES OF USE IN THE 4 MONTHS OWNED. IT WAS GENTLY TOWED AND NOT ABUSED..LIPPERT 3500 (AXLE) 9999 problem was reported in MECHANICSBURG, PA. Vehicle was not using Cruise Control. WAS PART ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT.
Post Your Comment Go Top
Old 01-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #139

I pulled the trigger and ordered a 19RR today. Now I just gotta wait patiently for 6 to 8 weeks!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:29 AM   #140
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo View Post
I pulled the trigger and ordered a 19RR today. Now I just gotta wait patiently for 6 to 8 weeks!
Congrats

Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote