Old 05-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #51

Will be test-hopping a new set up this weekend and will let you know.
Basically I got one at Lowe's for $50. Its a bi-fold kind of thing, two sections, each at roughly 4 ft each. Am going to try and brace up the end of the ramp and bridge it w/ the Lowe's ramp. Will let you know how that flies.

Sportster
...lest ye gouge yer diamond plate...like i did

Old 05-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #52

Welcome Jim.
I would not call loading a problem, rather an issue that raises some concerns.
I have never had a problem loading and unloading the road king, yet it makes me a little uncomfortable. If that makes sense..
I have chosen to go this route, the 9' version.
Black Widow Motorcycle Ramp Systems
However, I am on back order until the end of the month. So I will not be able to provide any feedback for you until next month.
It has been more about riding than hauling this spring.

Please don't let an issue that consumes 15 minutes of your weekend stop you from your purchase. This is truly a great TH and a perfect first time experience. At least for me anyway. Seems like no matter what you do, there will always be issues to overcome. At this stage of life, it has become part of the fun for me.

Ride Safe
Cliff

HDCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #53

Thanks Sportster and Cliff for you post. I will be waiting for your feedback. I was planning on getting a toy hauler sometime between now and the end of this year and I liked the 19RR, because of its light weight.
Thanks again,
Jim
Old 05-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #54

I'm looking forward to hearing how that ramp solution works for you also. Haven't had the TH out yet but looking forward to it.
Chipd872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #55

Have any of you tried out your ramp solution in loading your motorcycle into the toy hauler? I am still deciding where to buy or not on the 19RR.
thanks,
Jim
Old 05-19-2011, 09:29 PM   #56

Hi Everyone. It's Thursday, May 19, and Lucille and I are at the Outpost RV center staying in our new Grey Wolf 19RR tonight and Friday Night. We arrived today and took delivery and tomorrow they will be installing the load/sway control hitch on our Sequoia. We will leave Saturday Morning for our 2 day drive back to Florida.

As we settle in for our first night, our first question for you other 19RR owners is where did you mount your toilet paper roll holder? We noticed it does not come with one. If any of you have installed one, please let us know where, or better yet send photos.

I have a list of questions/concerns ready for Earl and Gary (service manager) for the morning. I am sure we will have more questions until we get our trailer home Sunday evening.

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #57

@ Jim.
Nope - Too darned rainy. Haven't even taken the BIKE out for cryin out loud...which is a whole nother thin to piss me off!!

@heyTomgraywolf - We went to WallyMart and got a countertop paper towel spool and put it right to the left behind the toilet.
Here's what else we "modified".
We went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got a $200 self inflating aerobed. Beats the DAYLIGHTS out of the matress that's in there.
Walmart for foldable/stackable shelfes for the for the pantry behind the stove area.
Also sh*t canned the bunk matress in exchange for plastic storage baskets for shoes, leathers, clothes. Also got a three-drawer thingy from Walmart for the nook down by the corner of the bed.

Amazon.com and search for "kitchen organizer" - that'll get you off to a good start. Also bought the wasp protectors for the stove vents outside.
Also use the big, heavy table that comes w/ the trailer for outdoor use up next to the trailer under the awning. Use TV trays instead.

ALSO - Go get some of those seating cubes from Target. Their like hassocks (footrests) but they've got storage in em. (dual purpose) Xtra seating and storage too!

The RV dealer will give you the catalog and turn ya loose. We use the catalog and see where else we can get the stuff at prices that are half of whats in their book.

We've been out twice and had a ball both times - even on the "shake-down" weekend. You'll love it! If you ride - just watch the clearance on the ramp. I'm one kickstand spring the lesser because of it!

Sportster
...ride safe - have fun!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #58

Congrats on the new toy, Tom!

2011 Wolf Pack 19WP
2015 Ford F250 XLT CC SB 4X4 6.2L 3.73

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:45 AM   #59

Thanks for the suggestions Sportster. We don't have any plans for the bunk over the queen bed either. Have seen pictures of others that have the bins up there. I have a buddy that is a cabinet man, so I am planning to cut the bunk back about half-way and add some cabinet doors. That will take away a lot of the storage since the back half I leave is not very deep due to the curve of the front of the trailer, but we really liked how the older 2010 models had a folding bunk, but understood it was real flimsy and why FR probably made it large and permanent. We are thinking about a little shelf to the left of the bed too since there is an outlet there, but no where to set your cell phone to charge or your coffee. Also plan to work with the shelf over the couch and take the net off and make that look more finished with doors.

Thanks for the footrest/stool/storage idea. I figured we would have to look for something for if you have any guests for places to sit. I think I read that others had some nice folding chairs.

Maybe you can send me a picture of what a "Wasp Protector" is. When you say Stove Vents, did you get the optional Range Hood exhaust fan that has the flapper on the outside, or are you talking about the vents up on the roof, just above the stove, or the two round holes in a metal plate on the side for the furnace fresh air and exhaust? Lots of entry ways in these trailers for bugs and critters.

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #60

Thumbs up

Hi Tom,
Congrats on your toy hauler. I haven't taken the spurge yet, be I might buy the same one too, before the year is over. I am in Mobile, AL, so if I buy from Outpost RV I will have a long trip. I found the same model in MS, about 100 miles away and for the same price, but they didn't have the extras like they do at Outpost.

Thanks Sportster for all the suggestions. If I get 19RR, I will know how to remodel it.

Thanks everyone.