Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
itch'n to road trip
 
campnqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Georgia Mountains-Jasper GA.
Posts: 907
Calling all Cherokee Gray Wold 19RR owners

Greetings Campers!

We purchased a 2010 Cherokee Gray Wolf 19RR in October 2009. Have use our toy hauler several times and just love it! Works well for us and our two dogs.

We take one of my hubby's Triumph motorcycles when we go. (1968 Bonneville and 2009 Bonneville T-100).

Anyone out there have one? Have any stories, mods or info you want to share?

We have a few mods we have done.. put in a pull down screen on our ramp door and just love it!

Looking forward to hearing y'all!
__________________
__________________

__________________
2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Member
 
HDCliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 30
Greetings Campnqueen.

Purchased my 2011 19RR late October 2010 and managed to make 2 trips before winter set in.
Really nice, the perfect size for just the dog and I.
No mods yet, but would be interested in hearing about yours.

The only problem I have with it, is the ramp.
I have an 08 Harley Road King and the ramp is just too short and too steep.
That will be my first mod this spring. Other than that, it fits my needs pretty well.

Happy camping and ride safe.
Cliff
__________________

__________________
2011 Grey Wolf 19rr
2008 Nissan Titan, Long Bed, 4x4
2008 H-D Road King Classic
HDCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #3
Member
 
retiredguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Alberta
Posts: 62
Hi, purchase our 2011 19rr in Nov. 2010, picked it up mid Jan. 2011, minus 20 degrees and headed south. So far we are still camping and enjoying. We are hauling a Polaris Sportsman 400 ATV. Ramp is no problem.
Wife made a screen for cargo door, I added a 3 shelf butch block stand across from stove and a shelf in bedroom area for clock etc.
Will downsize the table and add a small computer stand when we get back to Canada.
currently enjoying the corner of Nevada, California and Arizona. doug
__________________
retiredguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
itch'n to road trip
 
campnqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Georgia Mountains-Jasper GA.
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCliff View Post
Greetings Campnqueen.

Purchased my 2011 19RR late October 2010 and managed to make 2 trips before winter set in.
Really nice, the perfect size for just the dog and I.
No mods yet, but would be interested in hearing about yours.

The only problem I have with it, is the ramp.
I have an 08 Harley Road King and the ramp is just too short and too steep.
That will be my first mod this spring. Other than that, it fits my needs pretty well.

Happy camping and ride safe.
Cliff
Hello cliff,
Yep my hubby said the same thing about the ramp. He has a 2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 AND a 1968 Bonneville. Easy fix not really a big deal.

We do want to do a few more mods..some slide outs int he pantry closet..and add a small cabinet for more storage. But this this trailer is perfect for us..in size and price. Hard to find mid-size toy haulers.

we may one day get a LARGER, MORE expensive rig one day....but for now we are very happy with the 19RR.

Happy Camping...and lookign forward to chatting with y'all
__________________
2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
itch'n to road trip
 
campnqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Georgia Mountains-Jasper GA.
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy View Post
Hi, purchase our 2011 19rr in Nov. 2010, picked it up mid Jan. 2011, minus 20 degrees and headed south. So far we are still camping and enjoying. We are hauling a Polaris Sportsman 400 ATV. Ramp is no problem.
Wife made a screen for cargo door, I added a 3 shelf butch block stand across from stove and a shelf in bedroom area for clock etc.
Will downsize the table and add a small computer stand when we get back to Canada.
currently enjoying the corner of Nevada, California and Arizona. doug
Hello Doug,
I am happy to know you can get a ATV in the 19RR...My hubby rides motorcycles but I prefer the ATV route...I may get one....one day!

Be safe and happy camping!
__________________
2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
heytomgraywolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 150
Gray Wolf 19RR - Ramp to short?

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
Hello cliff,
Yep my hubby said the same thing about the ramp. He has a 2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 AND a 1968 Bonneville. Easy fix not really a big deal.

We do want to do a few more mods..some slide outs int he pantry closet..and add a small cabinet for more storage. But this this trailer is perfect for us..in size and price. Hard to find mid-size toy haulers.

we may one day get a LARGER, MORE expensive rig one day....but for now we are very happy with the 19RR.

Happy Camping...and lookign forward to chatting with y'all
Hi - My wife and I are considering the Gray Wolf 19RR to haul our Road Star (Yamaha) 1700 Warrior. I was wanting to better understand why the two of you state the ramp door is too short and steep? Do you mean that when you bring a big street motorcycle in the trailer that after the front wheel enters the trailer and the back wheel is still part way up the ramp, does your motorcycle "bottom" out on the hindge point of the ramp?

I guess the solution would be to elevate the end of the ramp (top of door when on ground) and make a slightly longer ramp? I understand the 2011 has a slightly wider and longer ramp than the 2010's. What is the manufacture date on your trailer? It is always hard to determine the true model year of RV's since most RV stores list the year as the year they are titled even if they have a manufacture date of 1 or 2 years prior.
__________________
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
Member
 
HDCliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 30
Hey Tom
First and foremost, I like my 19rr and would recommend it.
I just have an issue with the ramp and I'll try to answer your questions, based on my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
Do you mean that when you bring a big street motorcycle in the trailer that after the front wheel enters the trailer and the back wheel is still part way up the ramp, does your motorcycle "bottom" out on the hindge point of the ramp?
Loading, you are correct. However, that is the second problem. My Road King is only 5" clearance and will bottom on the hindge if I am sitting on the bike. I have to get to that exact point and stand up in order to clear it. The first problem is the transition from ground onto the ramp. At the half way point, the angle is too steep to touch the ground and maintain control of the bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
I guess the solution would be to elevate the end of the ramp (top of door when on ground) and make a slightly longer ramp?
This solves the first problem, ground onto the ramp. I usually find an elevate berm to backup to and lower the ramp onto. Problem here is wet grass and slick tires. Also does nothing for the second problem, bottoming out on the hindge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
I understand the 2011 has a slightly wider and longer ramp than the 2010's.
Yes, you are correct.
My issues are
1: There are two transition points that I can easily drop an 800lb bike.
2: I don't want to be dependent on finding a berm when I get there.
According to this website's ramp calculator, I need at least a 9' ramp (based on axle length, bottom clearance and trailer height). The ramp on this model is less than 6'. Motorcycle Ramps & Ramp Systems As Low As $59.99
I would label it an issue and not a problem. Easily solved.
Other than that, I really like this TH, especially for the price.
Best of luck
Cliff
__________________
2011 Grey Wolf 19rr
2008 Nissan Titan, Long Bed, 4x4
2008 H-D Road King Classic
HDCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:02 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
heytomgraywolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 150
Thanks Cliff. I appreciate your detailed explanation and links to ramp solutions. My wife and I are approaching the point where we are going to make our travel trailer purchase and we like how the 19RR is a more like a "finished" travel trailer and has toy hauling abilities versus the many TH that are primarily toy haulers and in this light weight size they end up having your main sleeping quarters near the back ramp on an elevated queen bunk.

We think the 19RR is more for a couple that wants to bring one street bike with them, versus most TH are more family oriented that will hold several dirt bikes or ATV's and offer sleeping for more than two. Our last kid leaves for college this summer, so we are looking forward to the next chapter in our lives where we can vacation WITHOUT them!
__________________
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #9
Member
 
HDCliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 30
The dedicated bedroom was a big factor in my decision as well.
Also, the TV views better on a swing arm vs mounted directly to the wall.
When the time comes, have your dealer install another TV mount in the bedroom. The wall comes from the factory ready for it, but mine did not come with the mount.
__________________
2011 Grey Wolf 19rr
2008 Nissan Titan, Long Bed, 4x4
2008 H-D Road King Classic
HDCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:40 AM   #10
Member
 
Stargazerandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 68
Just ordered my 19RR

Hi Everyone!!

After a few years of searching for the right TH to meet our needs, we decided that the 19RR was the best choice for us. I too like the fact that it actually has a bedroom!! I also like this year's model where the sofa actually has the armrests. My only concern is we will be hauling a HD Touring Bike and with my spouse being a bit vertically challenged, he may not be able to keep his feet on the ground as he takes the bike up the ramp. Any suggestions? I have read some of the posts that hint at the issue but would like clear directions as to how to 'getter' done. I appreciate this forum as I will be providing my feedback as well.

We are not new to trailering but have been off the market for over 10 years and are very excited to get back into it.

See you on the road!!
__________________

__________________
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.