Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #1

Couple 27rr questions

Hey guys new to the forum. Been researching and looking and walking through and researching over and over again and think weve finally decided on the 27RR I just have a few questions. Pulling with a 16' Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, tuned, with bags already. Toy is a 2016 RZR 900 S

I Will have a WDH that I will probably purchase through dealer and have them install. Any input on that? Have not found out brand yet.

The one we looked at had a corrugated siding, but in the 27RR thread there was one that had a smooth side. What is that called? Is there a benefit to one or the other for durability? Weight? Im sure theres a price difference so knowing that would be a big plus. Or if its even an option anymore.

The CCC of the 27RR is 1974#, my rzr is 1200# dry, Im guessing 1400# with the accessories. Is that 575# too little to have left over? Im new to the camper hauling world but I do know that dishes, clothes, equipment adds up fast. Also is this number restricted by the lousy tires they put on?

Thank you very much in advance. We are looking forward to getting on the road! As long as everything pans out lol
Ripperrzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #2

We looked at this unit and considering the price was a steal we thought it was going to be the one.

The first issue for us was I'm tall. I was willing to overlook that but after doing the math by putting the toys in it, filling the fresh water tank (370lbs), adding a battery and propane there wasn't any capacity left. We both really liked it...there was just no way to make it work within the cargo capacity for our needs.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:20 PM   #3

Camper weight ratings are based on the axles. Some of the weight it also on the hitch so they take some off for the tongue weight. And, they are almost always way more heavier than the sticker. Remember, that weight is before adding propane tanks, fresh water, battery, canopy, a bunch of things. I wish they would weigh it loaded as you are going to take it home and put that on the sticker. You have to always add at least 500lb to what the sticker says.

On the siding you are talking about the fiberglass siding versus aluminum siding. Weight wise I am not sure, but price on the 26RR it was a $4,000 option.
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuterbru View Post
Camper weight ratings are based on the axles. Some of the weight it also on the hitch so they take some off for the tongue weight. And, they are almost always way more heavier than the sticker. Remember, that weight is before adding propane tanks, fresh water, battery, canopy, a bunch of things. I wish they would weigh it loaded as you are going to take it home and put that on the sticker. You have to always add at least 500lb to what the sticker says.

On the siding you are talking about the fiberglass siding versus aluminum siding. Weight wise I am not sure, but price on the 26RR it was a $4,000 option.
Thank you, this is the input im looking for. I havent a clue what to expect to add weight wise, as this will be our first camper, and expecting to add ~500# to a trailer sticker leaves me with just enough weight to load the rzr, without chairs, wood, pots/pans. We are looking at other options now.
Ripperrzr is offline   Reply With Quote