Old 04-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
We have a large dealership in Ont. The are a chain and have dealers all across then province. I will not deal with them because they give used care salesmen a good name. If you purchase a unit from them they will refuse to do work on it and if they do it will not be done right. This same dealership wanted me to sign a blank paper. They said it was a form of intent to purchase and if a unit came in that I was interested in they would call me. I do not sign black papers. Come to find out after you leave they fill in the blanks and after the cool down period call and inform that your trailer is ready. The form states that they can arrange financing for you and supply the trailer that you are looking for. There have been many complaints to the BBB about this company but they are still in business. The held a trailer show several years ago and advertised it as the annual Ontario dealership show. Because they lied they were banned form the Ontario RV dealership organization. So before you purchase a unit from a dealer you should do your homework.

Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
I'm very happy with my FR product. I read the forums every day, but I don't post that I'm "warm and fuzzy." Most of the threads are because someone is having an issue, or has a question. If you want a better built unit, then you have to expect to pay more. For the money we paid, we have an EXCELLENT unit that suits our needs. We know it won't last 50 years. As for your warranty issues, ANY FR dealer can refuse to work on your TT. They are independent dealers, and as such, can make their own decisions on who/what they service. I suggest you do some research and find another dealer who will work with you. You got taken for a ride by your dealer. Not the fault of FR that your dealer is a jerk.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it better to have a "floating floor" in an RV and not a direct glue-down? This allows the floor to move with the temperature and humidity changes, and also stress from traveling and uneven terrain. So in your case, no, it wouldn't be glued down to plywood.

2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #13
I've become intimately familiar with the construction of the trailer during the last few months. I would encourage members to get on their backs, crawl under their campers and look very closely at how it was built and assembled. The lack of attention and care is shocking. It really is. It appears to be shear laziness on the part of those building the things, either that or the staff at forest river simply don't care. Mine was assembled in the summer of 2011.

Don't doubt me... Get under and look at how everything fits together, how the staples rust after 6 months and never even made their mark to hold anything in. How things are screwed together with self tapping screws and bolts, all at various angles jammed together. How the frame is welded and there are chunks of weld falling off, bits of welding rod stuck out of joint like dried spaghetti...

Anyways.. This list could go on and on. I thought I was buying a brand new 2012 unit, not a handyman's special. Guess I have a bunch of finishing work to complete.

The positive thing is that thanks to the Internet, companies can't get away with things like this Scott free...

brookside is offline   Reply With Quote