Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2018, 08:04 PM   #1

FR Grey Wolf 22RR's

I've been on here for quite a while and have a 22RR on order from the factory. I'm very curious about the Lack Of Pro's & Con's, Good Reviews , Bad Reviews, Owners Tips and General Information on this model. Any owners out there that likes theirs,hates theirs, willing to give it away because it's junk? Can't find many used ones to invest in to save some money over a new one. Any Help?
tomm1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:16 AM   #2

Not seeing it here is a good thing.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:31 AM   #3

I have the 27RR. It had been a good unit. Its a 2015, just keep up with the roof sealing it when needed. Only major issue wassef the AC quit. Was replaced under warranty.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:04 AM   #4

FR Grey Wolf 22RR's

The Grey Wolf rr series overall have had good reviews. I currently have the 26 rr. Most people are only trading in after a few year for something bigger. I have really enjoyed mine and have really used it a lot. I am upgrading to a bigger toy hauler that fits our style of camping better. Just make sure you take your time during your inspection and turn everything on and open every door. All campers coming off the lines will have some minor things that need addressing.

Good luck with your new camper. There are many threads on here for the 26rr and 27rr. There are a couple on 19 & 22 rr just not as many. Each model has some of the same issues and components and set up so look at those threads to get an idea. You can look at pimp my 26rr thread for a long discussion of various mods done to the Grey Wolf.

Enjoy
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:23 AM   #5

Grey Wolf 22rr

We have had a Grey Wolf 22rr for 2 years now, and like above mentioned it is a good unit. No problems. Pulls easily with our F-150 5.0L. As on all TTs, keep the roof maintained. Just for safety's sake, I am currently in the process of getting rid of the Castle Rock tires (China bombs), replacing with Goodyear Endurance with a higher speed and load rating, so the only recommendation I would have is to replace (or get good tires installed before purchase) stock tires.
Central PA
stustoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stustoner View Post
We have had a Grey Wolf 22rr for 2 years now, and like above mentioned it is a good unit. No problems. Pulls easily with our F-150 5.0L. As on all TTs, keep the roof maintained. Just for safety's sake, I am currently in the process of getting rid of the Castle Rock tires (China bombs), replacing with Goodyear Endurance with a higher speed and load rating, so the only recommendation I would have is to replace (or get good tires installed before purchase) stock tires.
You have run your rig for 2 years on the supplied tires without problems and your are recommending someone change tires before purchase? Just curious
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:29 AM   #7

We only have about 1500 miles on it but my wife is retiring so we will be taking longer trips and also taking the Gold Wing......so with the horror stories I have read about the Castle Rocks, a new set of Goodyear's will give me peace of mind.
Central PA
Old 06-30-2018, 06:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm1947 View Post
I've been on here for quite a while and have a 22RR on order from the factory. I'm very curious about the Lack Of Pro's & Con's, Good Reviews , Bad Reviews, Owners Tips and General Information on this model. Any owners out there that likes theirs,hates theirs, willing to give it away because it's junk? Can't find many used ones to invest in to save some money over a new one. Any Help?

We picked up our 2019 22rr first of April, we love it, came out of a 2016 19rr, very roomy, storage cabinet space a little challenging but space management comes into play, everything has worked as it should, tows very nice with a 2500hd, we don’t care for or use the patio closer, the power awning is decent, but when you add a sunscreen/blocker it can be a challenge to put on and remove do to the design of the motor housing end caps, all in all it is a very nice unit, hope this helps you
terrysheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #9

We own a 2016 22rr, we upgrade from a 19rr. We love the 22rr floor plan especially the larger bathroom. Overall it gas been a solid rig. Do yourself a favor, inspect the transition between the fiberglass cap and the roof. We had some roof lift and leaking, FR wouldn't cover it under warranty. I believe it wasnt glued down properly but ended up fixing it myself. Other items corrected under warranty- electric tongue jack, dvd radio and shower enclosure was not installed to the stud and pulled out of the wall. On the tire front, I ran the original tires (LH-1?) For 3 years....i do keep them covered when stored and monitor the air pressure closely. I just replaced them with Carlisles. Believe it or not we found storage a little bit more challenging than with the 19rr. Plastic storage boxes under the couches solved that problem. Best of luck with your rig and safe travels
robcsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:10 AM   #10

Sorry to be such a pain in the butt, but,did your unit come with a tube like storage thing that fits behind the rear axle and holds your black & gray water sewer/dump hose? I thought I saw that in one of the "Packages"? Thanks If not I'm ordering one soon.
tomm1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:42 AM   #11

Oh no, no worries. Yes, my 2016 did come with a tube for the dump hose. I ended up buying a larger storage tube from Camping World to go along with the one which came with the rig which can storage a 10-15? feet hose. On a couple of occasions I had to join the two hoses in order to reach the sewer connection.
robcsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:59 AM   #12

Yes, ours came with the "sewer tube" storage behind the rear axle.
Central PA
Old 07-08-2018, 07:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm1947 View Post
Sorry to be such a pain in the butt, but,did your unit come with a tube like storage thing that fits behind the rear axle and holds your black & gray water sewer/dump hose? I thought I saw that in one of the "Packages"? Thanks If not I'm ordering one soon.

Your not a pain, yes ours came with a tube, but we put all sewer hose in a tub with a lid, and it stays in the bed of our truck, seen a guy do that at the dump station and thought it was a great idea, we have been doing that ever since.
terrysheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:44 PM   #14

Sorry to bother anyone , but we have just bought a 22RR and will be picking it up in a week does anyone have an idea what size television will fit in the mounts (all 3) and does one need a more than just the factory mounts ! Thank you
Stusue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:17 AM   #15

Waste hose tube

My 22RR has the black storage tube behind the axle but it is not long enough to hold 20 feet of hose. I got a 5x5 inch vinyl post cover and end caps from home depot and mounted under mine. it is big enough to hold the hose, fittings, and I split a vinyl pipe and put in so I can slide it out and use it for hose support when hooked up. I have also read about using a piece of house rain gutter to slide in and then use for a support when hooked up. Economical and easy solution.
Thearcher01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:18 AM   #16

I think they are made for a 19 inch. I got an articulating mount off amazon and use a 28 inch tv but you could even go 32.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:19 AM   #17

My 22RR has the black storage tube behind the axle but it is not long enough to hold 20 feet of hose. I got a 5x5 inch vinyl post cover and end caps from home depot and mounted under mine. it is big enough to hold the hose, fittings, and I split a vinyl pipe and put in so I can slide it out and use it for hose support when hooked up. I have also read about using a piece of house rain gutter to slide in and then use for a support when hooked up. Economical and easy solution.

Tags
grey wolf