Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Graywolf 21 RR & 25RR Owners

Hey Y'all... my dear hubby and I currently have a 2010 Graywolf 19RR. Bought it new and love it. Spent 42 night in it in 2012.

There are a few things we would change in our 19RR to make it a little more liveable. Its only us and two dogs. Very seldom do we have anyone else go camping with us. We have two motorcycles but only take one at a time. We also have a canoe we take sometimes.

We have been tossing the idea around that we may want a little bigger toy hauler. We got to see the Graywolf 21 RR and the 25RR at the factory last summer. There were some things we really liked and others we did not like so much.

If you had it to do again...would you get a 21RR or 25RR? Why?
What would you change or what have you changed?

Your thoughts, ideas and comments are welcomed.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #2

Waiting to receive my 25RR in about a month. Just curious what you thought the 25RR was lacking that you didn't care for. Was wondering if they matched my concerns.
rgdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Hello Rgdds,

My concern was windows near the back dinette... no window on one side. Also storage cabinets. Hanging closet, the one in the 19RR is minimal at best...tooo short to hang shirts.

The water heated shut off is not very easy to get to. Under the bed.

2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Jasper Ga.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #4

I am brand new to travel trailers so water heater shut off never even crossed my mind. I have so much to learn it is almost scary I was very concerned about storage in 25RR especially no wardrobe closet. Really curious what other 25RR owners have done for closet space. Also trying to find out what is largest tv that fits on that outside mount. Sorry for taking so long to reply. Went with 25 instead of 21 because will be hauling two bikes most of the time and just wanted to make sure space wasn't issue.
rgdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #5

When I bought my 21rr I was looking for the smallest trailer that my Polaris rzr would fit in. I also wanted to be able to access the bathroom, refridgerator and a queen size bed while traveling without having to remove the rzr. The 21rr did this for me. We have been happy with it. We only use one of the tables. We have plenty of storage. The small overhead bunk is a great place to store large bulky items and comes in handy. The lack of a wardrobe closet would be a deal breaker for us.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #6
itch'n to road trip

We have a bunk/ cabinet conversion over the main queen bed. Never used it as a bunk. we ook out the thin mattress and gave it to the dogs. Keep the cabinet folded up and use as storage for blankets, sheets and pilliows, etc.

I would like to have a tall cabinet in the back right corner for longer hanging items. Maybe a small cabinet on the otherside of the couch to store smaller items. Also would like a small door on the open part of the entertainment cabinet next to the door.

I have figured out how to handle the open storage area above the couch (netting). I found two file boxes and a basket to put up there for keeping bread, crackers, etc. Keep tissus, kleenx , paper towels in the boxes and other items needed.

2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Jasper Ga.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #7

We purchased the 25RR and as you noted it's severly lacking in storage. That being said we are modifying our new trailer to make it better. Check out my "Pimp My 25rr" thread for my progress so far. I the process of building a cabinet at the end of the bed currently. I'll be posting a "template" of the side panels that follow the curvature of the front wall for others to use as a "guide" if they wish to perform a similar mod. Our cabinet will have shelves most likely, but it can be used as a full length closet @ 60.5"s tall.

We also plan on building benches and tall storage along the left wall as you view it inside the trailer
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdds View Post
I am brand new to travel trailers so water heater shut off never even crossed my mind. I have so much to learn it is almost scary I was very concerned about storage in 25RR especially no wardrobe closet. Really curious what other 25RR owners have done for closet space. Also trying to find out what is largest tv that fits on that outside mount. Sorry for taking so long to reply. Went with 25 instead of 21 because will be hauling two bikes most of the time and just wanted to make sure space wasn't issue.
We will try & sell the 19" tv that came with our 25rr and have replaced it with a 27" Samsung model. What we liked about the Samsung is the ability to play movies through the USB slot. Most USB's in tv's only play pictures & music. I like the idea of one less item to power with the generator if we are dry camping. Otherwise we have an older Playstation that is our DVD player. Toying with the idea of installing The_Filly's old 5 disc surround system in the trailer
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Phlunky

We have a 2012 21RR. Overall, we like the floor plan and like Comfun1, we were looking for the smallest trailer to accommodate our golf cart that is about the same dimensions as a Polaris Ranger and still have access to the sleeping, bath, and fridge.
The short comings are the same with the 19 and 21RR. The entry door in the back is incredibly inconvenient and to this day I still don’t understand the logic that drove this design. Honestly, that is the only thing I would change from a design standpoint.
The wardrobe cabinet is double what is in the 19 but still lacks the length required to actually hang anything. (Not a big deal for us). Also, the cabinet door over the sink is what I believe to be 1st generation and is one door that flips up rather than 2 doors that split the width and flip out.
Again, overall we like the space and it does accommodate 90% of what we were looking for as an entry level 1st RV.
I will say that we are currently looking for our next camper/hauler and will be spending more time discerning, and evaluating design. The winner at this point is the Fun Finder XT276. The main factors are;
1)separate garage
2) two entry doors, one for the living space and one for the garage/guest room when camping.
3) dinette slide out gives the illusion of larger living space in a small trailer. 3) bathroom easily shared between the 2 spaces.
Forrest River offers some similar designs, but based on previous experiences with design, fit, and finish. We are looking at other manufacturers.
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #10

I like our 25rr, like everyone has stated; it does lack in storage, but we pack clothes in duffle bags and store most of our chairs and extras on the bunk which is completely useless. I can fit 2 full sized quads in the hauler. I took ours in for warranty work with no problems at all. Outside radio control, stereo, inside speakers, black tank dump handle, cheap door holder, seat cusion everything was replaced with what should of been from the factory. I added an airflow vent cover as well. I tried to get the tires replaced, but really ours haven't worn at all. The dealer took pics, made a note in the computer and told me to let them know if problems arise. FYI for those in Indiana, Colerain RV in Indianapolis service manager is an Army buddy of mine, just saying, he will take care of you, tell him you know Corey In a few years I plan on upgrading to a bigger tv and to a 5th wheel hauler but really like our hauler and definitely like the extra space.
2013 campouts:1
recon33alpha is offline   Reply With Quote