Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2015, 08:12 PM   #1

Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR questions...

I picked up a 2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR Toy Hauler yesterday.

Today to took out the terrible excuse for an owners mmanual and tried to figure a few things out...no luck!

#1... How do you use this gas selector switch on the dual propane tanks?

#2....In the bathroom, on the side of the shower is some type of inspection plate. What is behind it?

#3...There is some kind of access panel below the sink. What is behind there?

#4...Where is the furnace located?

#5...There is a huge storage area under the bed, but it is near impossible to hold up the mattress while accessing it. Any ideas on how to access or utilize better?

#6...On the liquid level control panel there is a switch for "HTR"...What does this do?

Thanks in advance!
Rbertalotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum!!
Propane in pic is using right tank (green dot) open propane tank slowly (has a fail safe valve encase hose ruptures)
Under shower is an access panel and your water pump is under sink (another access panel)
You should have an outside storage door on right front side of camper to access storage area.
Furnace is next too or under fridge - turn thermostat on and you will hear blower.
HTR is for water heater on propane only-water heater is on left front side of camper *water heater is also electric with a small black switch***only turn on elec when its full of water***
Please do some reading on the forum its all here.
I have a 2015 so locations may very.

Watch a walk around vid

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC s(sold)
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
2017 F150 Super Crew 3.5eb 5.5
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:25 PM   #3

Thanks Bluwoo...Great help

My 2011 19RR does not have the access door as in the video. There is a nearly useless space at the foot of the bed, about 10" wide. I'm going to make an access door to gain entrance to this storage area from inside the camper and extend the area to take advantage of this 10" of realestate. It is difficult to lift the mattress with the curved roof and the window shade in the way.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:20 AM   #4

I agree - I guess they updated since then.

2006 Honda Goldwing
Old 08-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #5

matress access's storage area and water heater...receptacle ajacent water heater is foe crd from water heater,,,unplugged from manufacturer...on my 2015 27RR I leave it unplugged and use propan heater. turn on heater sw HTR( make sure prop tank is open ) and in about ten seconds it will fire. Before any trip....rinse fresh water tank with bleack solution....then fill with fresh water...then with "Pump sw on run "Hot water' sink valves until a steady (no air) stream attained, then cold...assures water heater full and readyto be heated....when heater sitch is turned on you can hear it fire and run from outside trailer on port side. Undrneath your new trailer electricle harnesses protrude down and should be encapsulated with caulk and fastenedbafter it sts up to prevent wind abraision...Sme for underframe mechanicles...you notice rusty galvanizedgas pipe to copper risers...Heavy coat of rustoleum ongalvanized steel pipe...make sure you do contstant screw exam...they rattle free interior and exterior...one battery is good for one night maybe of dry camping two is better n add batt disconnect sw. my dump station equipt inclused package of rubber gloves and big spray can of dis infectant all kept in plastic beenstarbord side storage....I spray grey and black discharges befor uncapping and after,,,spray flex pipe befor I put back in bin !
juice5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:59 PM   #6
RiderBloke

Rbertalotto,
Others can speak of things specific to the 19RR. However when you search the forums note that the 19RR, 21RR, 22RR, 25RR, 26RR, & 27RR are very similar. The one difference is that the 26RR & the new 22RR have the main bed lengthwise whereas the others have it tucked across the trailer. But the lift up of the bed to access the storage is similar.
I used the idea of another owner and made some wooden struts to hold it up. Still a little awkward but cheap. You can also get gas struts but that costs more and you have to work out what strength to get. My workmanship is not great but functional. It still a little awkward to get up and down but at least they hold it up there. I fold the bedspread back up ove to get it out of the way when doing this and also hold the mattress when I let it down. I have also smoothed the bed base wood corners and edges as they tore the mattress once.
With your skills and machinery and tools you will certainly make a much better system.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1440464188.960662.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	86775

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1440464213.773151.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	86776

Sent from somewhere on the face of the earth with my iPad using Forest River Forums
Toyota Tundra towing 2016 Grey Wolf 26RR
24 nights camping & 1450 miles so far (August 17)
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:31 PM   #7

Fellow MOA Member! Thanks for the suggestion......I sure wish I had an outside access door. I looked into buying one like I have on the otherside. Only $50 or so. But I hate cutting into the trailer and creating yet another area that could leak.

Think I'll just build an access door on the lower frame of the bed. Should work out fine.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderBloke View Post
Rbertalotto,
Others can speak of things specific to the 19RR. However when you search the forums note that the 19RR, 21RR, 22RR, 25RR, 26RR, & 27RR are very similar. The one difference is that the 26RR & the new 22RR have the main bed lengthwise whereas the others have it tucked across the trailer. But the lift up of the bed to access the storage is similar.
I used the idea of another owner and made some wooden struts to hold it up. Still a little awkward but cheap. You can also get gas struts but that costs more and you have to work out what strength to get. My workmanship is not great but functional. It still a little awkward to get up and down but at least they hold it up there. I fold the bedspread back up ove to get it out of the way when doing this and also hold the mattress when I let it down. I have also smoothed the bed base wood corners and edges as they tore the mattress once.
With your skills and machinery and tools you will certainly make a much better system.
Attachment 86775
Attachment 86776

Sent from somewhere on the face of the earth with my iPad using Forest River Forums
Toyota Tundra towing 2016 Grey Wolf 26RR
24 nights camping & 1450 miles so far (August 17)
From what I've seen him do so far it will probably be like those televisions that rise up from inside the counter top.
Hes very skilled!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P42-M_Animated_View.gif
Views:	209
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	87611  

2006 Honda Goldwing
Old 09-11-2015, 05:30 AM   #9

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1441967194.589752.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	88353Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1441967210.952346.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	88354Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1441967224.051846.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	88355

This is what I did for my 26rr. IKEA drawers inserted with some framing. Going to put nuematic shocks on bed to assist in raising for bed. Drawers are nice and hold socks underwear and such.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee, grey wolf