Old 04-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #21

Ken,
I've stayed in it about 4 nights now. Here in northeast PA, we are still seeing lows in the high 20's & low 30's (hopefully not much longer). I still haven't used the water yet for fear of freezing issues. Anyway to your question. The heater works great and the Pup is so small it heats up fast, but I think it goes without saying that we aren't talking about something that gets a great insulation value. Although I'm still figuring things out and have been fine to use a decent sleeping bag to minimize propane use. I'm just not sure how much use I can get out of this little propane tank on it (20 lb). Next thing I intend to do is get a spare propane tank to have on hand.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #22

Hopefully one of you fellow Wolf Pup owners knows the answer to this; what is the recommended weight limit of the 28" upper bunk? I know when looking at trailers I saw a number of bunks that said max 150 pounds. I'm just wondering what the upper bunk would support?

Did any of you ever ask, or did yours come with any kind of sticker saying anything?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:19 AM   #23

Hi Ken,
I did in fact ask about the weight limit of the upper bunk, because I could find no posted limit on the bunk or in the books. Now take this for what it's worth as it was answered by the dealership claiming "ohhh it's got to be 300 at least".

Well what I can tell you is that I personally tried it out myself for an entire night, and I go 210 lbs. No problems with holding me, but it is a tight spot for a full size adult.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:52 AM   #24

That's good to know- hopefully it can handle me at a few pounds more.

We are just looking at a camping trip without my fiancee (she works a lot of weekend) so I just wanted to see what my options were for sleeping arrangements.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #25

300??? On the top bunk?Our dealer here in Liberty, MO indicated no more than 150. In fact - we don't even sleep it in our 19rr. We've taken out the pad thingy (not calling it a matress cuz it ain't) bought some stackable storage tubs and use it for clothes, shoes, etc.

Just a thought, but i don't think I'd sleep it and I'm in a lil under the 200 mark.

Sportster
...lest i fall and crush a loved one
Old 04-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #26

I guess my question is this- if there was a limit like 150 pounds; why would there not be any indication? Goodness knows there's enough other warning stickers on the trailer. More than anything I was wondering if mine had fallen off.

I agree- this isn't going to my only source for info; but it is a start.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #27

LMAO Ken, No lie there warning stickers everywhere except where u need em .
Old 05-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #28

So many warning stickers!!! I am afraid to take any off...
Old 05-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #29

Yeah - I'm leavin some of em on. Ya never know when after a few beers, I go and turn on the gas to the water jet or some such thing!!!

Sportster
...sticky notes - gotta love em!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #30

Enjoy

2001 Z-71
One great 16 yr old son
Great wife
Two dogs, Ziggy and Zaggy
Bill U is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
17rr