Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #1

Issues with 2016 WolfPack 315pack12

Hi all first post here and its going to be a long one. We bought out wolfpack in march of 2016. Thought we bought a good camper and bought new for the warranty. We owned the camper for 20 days and I was washing the roof and discovered a nail poking through the roof. I contacted the dealer and said I wanted the roof replaced, forest river wanted to patch it. Well we went round and round and filed a complaint with the BBB because we were getting no where with the dealer or forest river. After a few heated discussions we decided to have them install a vent where the nail poked through that way we could inspect for water damage on the roof, forest river extended out warranty for 6 months as well. Our first trip out with the camper the LED's fell off the wall and seam tape was falling off the walls. I could go on listing all the issues but don't want to bore you. So far the camper has been in the shop for 6 months total. They have replaced, water heater, both entrance doors, decals on the outside of the camper, repaired loose floor in the garage, fixed carpet in bedroom (it was missing a 6" circle of pad), slide out actuator, the corner cabinet in the kitchen and a cabinet in the garage (due to delamination) refrigerator door (fell apart while traveling) and the thing that has me over the edge is when they were having the slide issues they cut 2 large holes in the belly plastic and just taped it up and told me that I would want those access in the belly for future lubing of the slide. I told them I should go out in the lot and cut holes in the bellies of the other new campers as they will need the access, and they looked at me like I was nuts. It is now back in for a slide out leak that they can not find and the carpet is shot and they said forest river will not ok replacement of the carpet. We have 27 pages of invoices on this camper. Is there anything we can do? I asked for a replacement camper or my money back and they will not even entertain the idea. I feel that the dealer/forest river should see that this is a bad deal. Next I will be getting a lawyer and see if there is anything I can do legally. If anyone has any contacts at forest river I would love to have a name and # I could call because I do not trust the dealer any longer and in my opinion they have caused more damage than they needed to and haven't totally fixed anything yet. Please help.
05f250inmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:18 PM   #2

Same problems...ours went to the factory for 3 months and came back worse than it was. Yep, probably lawyer time
tandbmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandbmoore View Post
Same problems...ours went to the factory for 3 months and came back worse than it was. Yep, probably lawyer time
What was the outcome or are you dealing with the problems yet?
Old 04-22-2017, 08:25 PM   #4

They had lost my spare tire and shopped me a new one UPS but yet to hear about the bent landing gear, hole in the slideout roof, tear in the rear deck railing, decals missing on the side.... and the list goes on..
Old 04-23-2017, 02:26 PM   #5

As soon as you mention lawyer everything stops and it is turned over to their extremely experienced gang of lawyers. I would try another dealer 1st.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #6

Been to 3 dealers so far....
Old 04-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandbmoore View Post
Been to 3 dealers so far....
At this point as it seems no one can fix it the time to talk to a lawyer may be soon. As soon as FR hears of it they will no longer do anything, warranty or not -- nada!!
Old 04-24-2017, 08:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05f250inmn View Post
Hi all first post here and its going to be a long one. We bought out wolfpack in march of 2016. Thought we bought a good camper and bought new for the warranty. We owned the camper for 20 days and I was washing the roof and discovered a nail poking through the roof. I contacted the dealer and said I wanted the roof replaced, forest river wanted to patch it. Well we went round and round and filed a complaint with the BBB because we were getting no where with the dealer or forest river. After a few heated discussions we decided to have them install a vent where the nail poked through that way we could inspect for water damage on the roof, forest river extended out warranty for 6 months as well. Our first trip out with the camper the LED's fell off the wall and seam tape was falling off the walls. I could go on listing all the issues but don't want to bore you. So far the camper has been in the shop for 6 months total. They have replaced, water heater, both entrance doors, decals on the outside of the camper, repaired loose floor in the garage, fixed carpet in bedroom (it was missing a 6" circle of pad), slide out actuator, the corner cabinet in the kitchen and a cabinet in the garage (due to delamination) refrigerator door (fell apart while traveling) and the thing that has me over the edge is when they were having the slide issues they cut 2 large holes in the belly plastic and just taped it up and told me that I would want those access in the belly for future lubing of the slide. I told them I should go out in the lot and cut holes in the bellies of the other new campers as they will need the access, and they looked at me like I was nuts. It is now back in for a slide out leak that they can not find and the carpet is shot and they said forest river will not ok replacement of the carpet. We have 27 pages of invoices on this camper. Is there anything we can do? I asked for a replacement camper or my money back and they will not even entertain the idea. I feel that the dealer/forest river should see that this is a bad deal. Next I will be getting a lawyer and see if there is anything I can do legally. If anyone has any contacts at forest river I would love to have a name and # I could call because I do not trust the dealer any longer and in my opinion they have caused more damage than they needed to and haven't totally fixed anything yet. Please help.
Thanks for the Info....and JUST IN TYME !....March 21st 2016 highway..95.....outside Hawthorn Nevada a Freak wind blew our 2o15 Greywolf 27RR and New Diesel F250 off he road n down the mountain...destroyed everthin...6 weeks in Reno Hospital for wife and I. Now was buying a New Wolfpack 25 tweve ! Your Report has drastically changed my mind and called dealer in Minnesota here ...CANCELLE THE ORDER ...aaand EXPLAINED WHY !....Dealer upset ! ....I said read the FORUM AND GET FOEST RIVER TO " ACT " like a "RESPECTED " Manufacturer !.....thank you bruce harten ap[le vally minn
juice5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice5 View Post
Thanks for the Info....and JUST IN TYME !....March 21st 2016 highway..95.....outside Hawthorn Nevada a Freak wind blew our 2o15 Greywolf 27RR and New Diesel F250 off he road n down the mountain...destroyed everthin...6 weeks in Reno Hospital for wife and I. Now was buying a New Wolfpack 25 tweve ! Your Report has drastically changed my mind and called dealer in Minnesota here ...CANCELLE THE ORDER ...aaand EXPLAINED WHY !....Dealer upset ! ....I said read the FORUM AND GET FOEST RIVER TO " ACT " like a "RESPECTED " Manufacturer !.....thank you bruce harten ap[le vally minn
I wouldn't be so quick, I love my 25pack12.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:46 AM   #10

Quote:
What dealer were you dealing with. I believe my dealer is part of the problem. I have contacted other Forest River dealers in my area (New Ulm, MN) and they will work on our camper but their "customers" come first and I would have to wait like 3-6 months for them to get to it. In other words I did not buy there so they don't want to work on it. I do not think the camper is a bad camper I just think we got a lemon.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #11

I just heard from the dealer. They are unable to replicate the leak on the slide. He said I believe you have a leak as the carpet shows this. I also provided them with pics of the water on the kitchen floor when we put the slide out. He also said forest river gave them ok to replace the carpet. But why replace the carpet if you can't find the leak? How much money is Forest river going to stick into this camper? We have had decals, water heater element, garage floor, 2 cabinets rebuilt, new refrigerator door, 2 new entrance doors, vent cap on the roof as a repair for a nail from the factory threw it, many wall board seams retaped, led strip lights replaced, 2 light switches, carpet pad in bed room, wall board by the thermostat (delamination), large cubby door, bad rim (tire wouldn't hold air), slide out actuator, slideout miss alignment so they cut the belly open to inspect, over adjusted the slide and it started cutting the belly paper on the slide bottom, pocket door sticking and falling off the track, leaking slide out (on going) and now replacement of the carpet. I will never buy another new camper this should have been a good thing but it has been nothing more that a headache and it has taken the joy out of camping. I talked to a layer and he said as long as they are making the effort to repair I would have a tough time in court. Also lemon laws on pull type campers are real hart to win. So I am at the mercy of the dealer/forest river.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:22 PM   #12

Dealer

I have a 28WP. Bought in Michigan and live in NY. Local dealers did not have a 28WP. 2 local dealers in Ogdensburg and Potsdam, NY turned me down and were rude, when warranty work was needed. Finally found a dealer who would take care of my warranty work, Wratten RV, Adams NY, thank you, class operation. Forest River told me they can't force a dealer to work on an RV. I'm not impressed with Forest River. We should have support from all Forest River dealers. Will not buy another Forest River product for that reason.
dagwood18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagwood18 View Post
I have a 28WP. Bought in Michigan and live in NY. Local dealers did not have a 28WP. 2 local dealers in Ogdensburg and Potsdam, NY turned me down and were rude, when warranty work was needed. Finally found a dealer who would take care of my warranty work, Wratten RV, Adams NY, thank you, class operation. Forest River told me they can't force a dealer to work on an RV. I'm not impressed with Forest River. We should have support from all Forest River dealers. Will not buy another Forest River product for that reason.
Not a single manufacturer of RVs has a different program. Buy where you plan on getting warranty work done or count on possible inconvenience
Old 04-30-2017, 07:43 PM   #14

We got out camping this weekend and it is now back at the dealers. When we got up Saturday morning we were going to use the convection oven and it was dead, we have never used it so we got the owners manual out and yup there is no power going to it. I checked the plug in as well as the breaker and all was good. When I was looking at the breaker panel I noticed that the leaky slide has done damage to the kitchen cabinets so they will have to replace all the lowers on the cabinets due to water damage. When will this end.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:51 AM   #15

They found a piece of gasket that was torn loose on the slide so hopefully this is what is causing the leak. FR ok'd the repairs of the slideout carpet, kitchen cabinets, and convection/microwave oven. But they will not fix the belly that they cut 2 holes in to look at the slide rails. I have forwarded all information to an attorney to see what we can do. We did not want to go this route but we feel our hands tied at this point. 13 months of ownership 7 months of that with the camper being in the shop for the 42 warranty repairs. It has been in 3 times for the slide leak. We will soon have no warranty and this camper has not been out once without a problem. These are not little problems and I do not feel like we are being picky. Hole in the roof from the factory that they flat out refused to replace the regional rep told dealer manager they "need to manage the customers expectations" they will not replace the roof. We were in the office with the speaker phone on and he didn't know we could hear him. After about 3 weeks of emails and phone calls we compromised with FR and had them put a vent over the hole and they gave us an extra 6 months of warranty. Appliances breaking when they have never been used (water heater, convection/microwave) Slideout leaking to the point it has wrecked the kitchen cabinets, water leak in the front (bad pex connection)that ruined the pantry cabinet, wall panels that fell off, LED's that fell off the wall, short in the electrical on the slideout. And many other not so major issues. I just want a good product and FR to stand behind what they sell. Rant over.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:12 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05f250inmn View Post
We got out camping this weekend and it is now back at the dealers. When we got up Saturday morning we were going to use the convection oven and it was dead, we have never used it so we got the owners manual out and yup there is no power going to it. I checked the plug in as well as the breaker and all was good. When I was looking at the breaker panel I noticed that the leaky slide has done damage to the kitchen cabinets so they will have to replace all the lowers on the cabinets due to water damage. When will this end.
Actually, if the dealer was worth his salt, he would have done a pressure test on the unit and found the intrusion leak the first time and sealed it. You can do it yourself with a leaf blower or shop vac that blows and it's easy. Applying positive air pressure to the unit and then going over it with soapy water on the outside, the water leaks will bubble, showing exactly where they are.

Called a blower door test. I know Camping World dealers should have the system, it's Called a Seal Tite System test. Like I said it can be done with a shop vac / leaf blower at home too. Myself, I don't trust the competence of CW.

If you dealer had performed a Blower Door Test, you'd not be where you are today. The water intrusion would have been corrected the first time.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:13 PM   #17

Changed Dealers...Buying Pack 25 twelve this week.....NEED INPUT ON ANYTHING TO LOOK FOR in the WAY OF ADVICE OR PROBLEMS !
juice5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Changed Dealers...Buying Pack 25 twelve this week.....NEED INPUT ON ANYTHING TO LOOK FOR in the WAY OF ADVICE OR PROBLEMS !
Pay close attention on build quality. Look at all gaps, doors, seams etc....