Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #1

It appears I will be the Guinea Pig.

I have been searching all the forums and the internet ever since hearing about Forest Rivers new Grey Wolf 27rr. I have never found anyone that bought one or anyone that knows anything about it. I can't even find or start a discussion about it on any forums. I hope I am not making a mistake but my dealer finally got one in and I closed the deal. They have ordered a set of aluminum wheels for it and I am supposed to pick it up as soon as the wheels arrive and they schedule the PDI. Once I pick it up and take a trip I will post my thoughts on here. I may be the first in the nation to own one. Wish me luck!
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
I have been searching all the forums and the internet ever since hearing about Forest Rivers new Grey Wolf 27rr. I have never found anyone that bought one or anyone that knows anything about it. I can't even find or start a discussion about it on any forums. I hope I am not making a mistake but my dealer finally got one in and I closed the deal. They have ordered a set of aluminum wheels for it and I am supposed to pick it up as soon as the wheels arrive and they schedule the PDI. Once I pick it up and take a trip I will post my thoughts on here. I may be the first in the nation to own one. Wish me luck!
Just get a set of GY Marathon LR D tires and have him mount them and balance them before taking it off the lot.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:35 PM   #3

Good luck!
We pick ours up on Wednesday, the 9th.
astagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #4

What kind of side by side do you have? We will be hauling a Polaris rzr.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:05 PM   #5

RZR 800, stopped on the way home after purchasing the trailer and measured a 1000... Never hurts to dream!
Old 04-13-2014, 08:12 AM   #6

My wheels were supposed to be in and mounted yesterday and we are scheduled for the PDI Monday and were looking forward to bringing our new camper home. Now the forecast is for rain and snow mixed with winds gusting to 40mph! I think I will call them in the morning to see if we can reschedule. I don't think I want to make my first trip with a 34' camper in 40 mph wind. I hope they will let me reschedule.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
My wheels were supposed to be in and mounted yesterday and we are scheduled for the PDI Monday and were looking forward to bringing our new camper home. Now the forecast is for rain and snow mixed with winds gusting to 40mph! I think I will call them in the morning to see if we can reschedule. I don't think I want to make my first trip with a 34' camper in 40 mph wind. I hope they will let me reschedule.
It's your call, they can't make you come on that day. Just tell them why and say you will be there when the weather gets better. What choice do they have? Or tell them to bring it to you at no charge if they're in that much of a hurry.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #8

Were you able to pick up your TT yet? The RZR fits well and seems to tow well with it loaded...
Old 04-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #9

Hey, glad to hear from you. I was hoping you were lurking out there somewhere. Yes, I picked it up last Thursday at the closest dealer (70 miles). I was a bit concerned about towing something that long but once on the road I think it towed better than my previous trailer, a 21rr. The only thing wrong at the PDI was the first button on the door keypad did not work. They ordered a new one and I am hoping they ship it to me so I can install it instead of having to return to the dealer. Oh, one other thing was the brakes. I had the same thing though with my 21rr. It seems that the brakes are self adjusting and I had to back the trailer a number of times and apply the brakes before they would stop well. The front right is still not adjusted quite right because it is running a little cooler than the others. A couple of things I wanted to ask you about, my wheels and tires are 15" which I am happy with but I thought the literature said they were 14"? It has a lot of overhang and I thought I heard it drag slightly when I pulled into my drive. I noticed the axle is mounted above the springs but I'm sure the factory knew what they were doing. My spare tire is laying on the floor of the garage and I plan to put it under the bed. I'm wondering what to do with the table when the rzr is in the garage? Also, do you plan to go to the Fifth Annual Taylor Park Ride in August? My wife says our first trip will be in two weeks to the Little Sahara in Waynoka, Oklahoma to ride the dunes. We plan to hook everything up in the yard and spend a night to familiarize ourselves with the trailer first. If I manage to make the sharp turns at intersections and don't scrape anything off the bottom at gas stations I think we are going to enjoy this Toy hauler. One thing that sold us on this trailer was the garage is much more livable and inviting than most toy haulers.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #10

Haha, been reading a ton on this sight...so much to learn and easily found here!
Haven't found anything broken, except for a bolt on the back corner was missing the self locking nut, tried to install a new one, but the bolt just spins (the head is inside the wall). Also, I'd crawl under it and look around... All the wire looms looked to be short and had 6" or so of wire flapping in the breeze. Just minor things thankfully. As for the wheels, I wish I had 15's, they are 14's and the axle is above the springs. We stow the spare under the front bed, for now, and the table we carry to the front and set it in top of the bed, surrounded by the cushions.
This our first TT and new to camping, so will be staying within a few hours of home for the first few trips. Never heard of that particular gathering, but will definitely be searching for future trips. Definitely have a future trip to Utah in the plans to ATV, looks like a blast!
Old 04-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #11

Ok, got it! Taylor Park Colorado! Another for the bucket list! Looks awesome!
Old 04-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #12

Sounds like most people are loading cycles into their 27RR's, but for those loading side x sides, an RZR 1000 will fit. Have about 5 inches in the front and 3 inches in the rear with the door closed. No bumpers nor roof on the RZR currently. The rear screen was not an issue, good inch or two clearance to door frame top, and 2-3 inches clearance on the sides while going through the door opening.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428846997.663854.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	73979Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428847014.230190.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	73980

Sent from my iPad
Old 04-12-2015, 09:13 AM   #13

Are you going to tie the sidexside down? Even if you do, some pads/cushions or even some pool noodles to keep the sides/tires from rubbing.

Maybe they won't be needed but I'm funny that way.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:19 AM   #14

Yes, tied down with 6 ratchet straps to the D rings in the floor. Once loaded, there is 18" or so clearance to the sides. For OAL, once bumpers are added, we'll need padding for sure.

Sent from my iPad
Old 04-12-2015, 01:09 PM   #15

Good deal.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:39 PM   #16

I loaded my Victory Cross Country Tour into my 27rr tonight for the first time. I was pretty nervous after reading of some nightmares. I had absolutely no problems with clearance. I put a 2x6 under the ramp just to get a little extra clearance and rode it up with no problem. Tied it down and am ready for our weekend trip. I also measured the tongue weight and was sitting at 850. Adding the Vic took off 150 pounds of tongue weight because the garage is behind the dual Axles. I'm still sitting about 12% or more tongue weight. Really happy with this unit. The only question is what to do with the back table when the bike is loaded. Any thoughts?
Rhoadzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:36 AM   #17

I stand my table in front of the left wheel well. I made a couple of brackets that hold it to the wall. Some of my cushions fit between the table top and the table legs, the other cushions fit standing on end in the adjacent corner between the bathroom door and the rear outside door. I found a picture you might be able to make out the table leg and part of the table top. When I get my camper back from the dealer (in for warranty work) I can take a better picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Moab2014 173.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	391.6 KB
ID:	74213  
Old 04-14-2015, 07:38 AM   #18

In looking at my picture, I believe it is right behind my left wheel well.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:10 PM   #19

Thanks. I will try to do the same thing. What brackets did you use to secure it?
Rhoadzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:32 AM   #20

I can't remember for sure, but I'm planning on going after my camper next week and I will be able to get a better picture. My dealer is about 70 miles from where I live.