Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2018, 09:40 AM   #1

LED Lights?

Can anyone tell me if my running/clearance lights on my 2019 Cherokee 22RR are LEDs? I'm getting ready to add a Furrion Observation System and part of trouble shooting is getting the most power to the camera part of the system. I know LEDs aren't cheap but if they use less power than the stock bulbs it would be worth it to me to replace them. I know the interior lighting are LED's but my unit is in storage for a while so I just can't pop over to it and open one of the running lights to verify if they're LED's or not. I have already replaced the tail,stop and directional signals with LED's. The stock ones were junk! Thanks
tomm1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:54 AM   #2

The running lights on my 2019 Wildwood were conventional incandescent type bulbs. I was having a signal issue with my Furrion camera so I bit the bullet and replaced them all with LEDs from Amazon. It didn't make a bit of difference for me, my camera still has signal issues.

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 5.7L V8 HEMI
adarklake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:01 AM   #3

Your camper should be wired for the furrion camera, just plug and play
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy500 View Post
Your camper should be wired for the furrion camera, just plug and play

I think his issue was (and I could be wrong) that the incandescent bulbs draw too much current away from the preinstalled Furrion mount. The mount is wired into the running light circuit and that is the first thing they wanted me to troubleshoot.

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
Old 12-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #5

I should also mention that the bulbs I bought from Amazon required correct positive and negative configuration. I installed half of them backwards and couldn't figure out why they didn't work until I spun them around.

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
Old 12-20-2018, 10:35 AM   #6

My 2018 Cherokee 304 has standard bulbs.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarklake View Post
I think his issue was (and I could be wrong) that the incandescent bulbs draw too much current away from the preinstalled Furrion mount. The mount is wired into the running light circuit and that is the first thing they wanted me to troubleshoot.
So did you ever get it working?

2019 FR Cherokee Wolf Pack 24pack14+
2019 Ford F250SD 4 x 4, 6.2L
2015 DL1000A ADV
2017 DR-Z400 SM
2thdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
So did you ever get it working?

No, I still have not gotten mine to work for more than 10 seconds at a time. Seeing as how my camera is less than 30' from my monitor, I'm really not sure what's wrong. My next step is to swap the antenna with a larger one and see if that helps. OP can take that into consideration as a next step if he ends up in the same boat as me.

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
Old 12-20-2018, 11:28 AM   #9

Quote:
No, I still have not gotten mine to work for more than 10 seconds at a time. Seeing as how my camera is less than 30' from my monitor, I'm really not sure what's wrong. My next step is to swap the antenna with a larger one and see if that helps. OP can take that into consideration as a next step if he ends up in the same boat as me.

Can you move the monitor closer to the camera to see if that's the issue? My 2019 Wildcat is exclusive LED inside and out.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayther View Post
Can you move the monitor closer to the camera to see if that's the issue? My 2019 Wildcat is exclusive LED inside and out.

When directly next to the monitor the camera functions perfectly. There is a splitter on the monitor power cable that powers the camera while you pair it.

Did your Wildcat come with factory LED running lights or are they aftermarket? My Wildwood was built in April and only had LED inside and on the awning. Brake and runners were not.

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
Old 12-20-2018, 02:02 PM   #11

Quote:
When directly next to the monitor the camera functions perfectly. There is a splitter on the monitor power cable that powers the camera while you pair it.

Did your Wildcat come with factory LED running lights or are they aftermarket? My Wildwood was built in April and only had LED inside and on the awning. Brake and runners were not.

Yes factory LED's everywhere from factory. picked mine up in June. Wildcat's come off an Oregon assembly line, not the main line.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light