Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #41

pick it up a notch or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post

forest river
revisited my claim
and came to the conclusion to pay me in FULL
for all out of pocket expenses for the repair bill
close to 1,000 views here
yes this is a very important matter

that is good news
it is a good thing for them to know
that many are watching and very concerned
regarding a safty matter such as this
and if I may add
an expensive repair for the common man
yes
it appears after slight investigation
Forest River needs to pick it up a notch or two
regarding the overall strength of their frames
I think that they would feel better
regarding their product
and I know for sure all of us owners would

thank God
that these things are brought to light
now it is up to the factory to higher their standards

so as we can spread "The Good Word"

Mountainman
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailit View Post
I have a sticker on my pin box that identified the frame as a Lippert, with a number after it.

Can you tell the rest of us how to check to see if we have a lip pert frame?

Thx
brookside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #43
Don't call me Junior!!!

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookside View Post
Can you tell the rest of us how to check to see if we have a lip pert frame?

Thx
I am not 100% positive however I think all FR products use this manufacture, the reason I believe so is in the owners manual there is a list of manufactures for all of the different products used to build your RV and Lippert is the only manufacture listed for the frame. They list multiple manufactures for other products.

Quite honestly, We just purchased our TT and I am highly concerned we made a poor choice after reading not just this thread but literally 100's of horror stories all over the web.

I am torn because I am not big fan of class action law suits, but as I dont hear anyone from Lippert willing to step up and address the issue this could be one of those times. This is a major Safety issue..
Old 12-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #44

Bubba - pls read my quote from nailit - I would like him to answer my question

Thx
Old 12-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #45
Don't call me Junior!!!

Quote:
Bubba - pls read my quote from nailit - I would like him to answer my question

Thx
I believe nailit's post clearly explains how he determined his was a Lippert..
Old 12-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #46

THINGS for you to possibly do ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaTex View Post
Quite honestly, We just purchased our TT and I am highly concerned we made a poor choice after reading not just this thread but literally 100's of horror stories all over the web.
if you just purchased your TT
possibly you can still take out the extended warranty ??
seems this may be worth it's weight in gold ??

question
does the warranty and extended warranty
cover the frame ??

keep an eye on that frame THING
it is always best to catch the failures in metal products
before they rip open worse and cause more damage
a good welder at times
is a friend to have indeed !!!

a little added bracing in some of those corners
could make a big difference ??

Mountainman
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #47
Don't call me Junior!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
if you just purchased your TT
possibly you can still take out the extended warranty ??
seems this may be worth it's weight in gold ??

question
does the warranty and extended warranty
cover the frame ??

Mountainman
If you recall, you got me thinking about the frame issue in another thread regarding welding a hitch to the frame for my generator. That caused me to start doing some research and I learned a ton, none of it positive other than the fact FR helped Kat with her issue.

Not Surprisingly, when reading the FR warranty, the frame is NOT covered under the FR warranty. It is covered by Lippert.

Also not surprisingly, I checked both after market and good sams warranty's and they DO NOT cover the frame. It is listed as an exluded item.

Seems they are not even willing to bet on Lippert.

I am glad FR stood behind Kat's claim, that is encouraging, however I think they need to come out and take a stand on the issue, this has to be costing them business, had I known this before we purchased I would have never bought this TT. I know I am not the only one. Lippert should be held accountable if they are putting out this product, it could literally kill someone.

BT
Old 12-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #48
Don't call me Junior!!!

Angry

Quote:
If you recall, you got me thinking about the frame issue in another thread regarding welding a hitch to the frame for my generator.
I should have also stated that if you do ANYTHING to the frame, add a hitch, drill a hole of any kind, attach a screw that Warranty is VOID - period. I verified this through Lippert themselves. So there goes my plan to add a hitch, plus I am quite scared that if I do the trailer will fall in half anyway.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #49

So now with all the other stuff falling apart on my trailer, I have to worry about the Chinese tires blowing up and the frame breaking. I added a hitch to the back of mine for towing an ATV on a small trailer, but after reading all these reports I doubt I will ever use it. Wayne
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:22 AM   #50
Don't call me Junior!!!

Yeah unforunatly it appears that way. This one really crawls under my skin, We have only owned our TT for a few weeks, but just do a search on lippert frames on google. You will find failed frames everyewhere. Absolutly makes me nervous to do anything with our TT. seems to be a time bomb waiting to explode.. AND who takes liability? FR and Lippert seem to have their bases covered. Whatever you do, remove that hitch and return the frame to factory condition, if it fails, they will claim it is your fault even if you never use it.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #51

This was a report of a 19RR, in May of last year. I bought my 19RR in March.......I am having mine inspected....

LIPPERT 3500 (AXLE) 9999 Safety Review #10350396 LIPPERT 3500 (AXLE) 9999 car safety problem was reported on Aug 04, 2010.LIPPERT 3500 (AXLE) 9999, manufactured by LIPPERT COMPONENTS, INC. had a problem with EQUIPMENT:MECHANICAL . CASE # 287233, SUBMITTED 8-17-2010. 2010 FOREST RIVER INC, CHEROKEE GREY WOLF MODEL 19RR. U BOLTS CAME LOOSE ON BOTH AXLES ALLOWING AXLES TO MOVE OFF OF THEIR LOCATING PIN ON LEAF SPRINGS. THE WHEELS SHIFTED RIGHT ALLOWING BOTH RIGHT TIRES TO RUB ON INNER WHEEL WELL. THE CONDITION WAS DISCOVERED WHEN THE CAMPER WAS RETURNED TO THE DEALER FOR UNUSUAL TIRE WEAR AND CRACKING IN THE TIRE THREADS. THE CAMPER PURCHASED NEW ON MAY 15, 2010 AND THE CONDITION NOTED ON AUG.4, 2010 WHILE EXAMINING THE TIRES. THE DEALER HAS BEEN VERY RESPONSIVE AND FILED WARRENTY CLAIMS WITH BOTH FOREST RIVER INC. AND LIPPERT COMPONENTS INC. THE AXEL ASSEMBLEY MANUFACTURER. BOTH HAVE BEEN UNRESPONSIVE TO DATE. THIS IS AN ON GOING PROBLEM WITH FOREST RIVER CAMPERS. I SHARED THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ODI REPORTS 10284710, 10225758 AND 10284602 WITH THE SERVICE MANAGER MAX YOUNG, WHO CONFIRMED UPON READING THE REPORTS, THAT THIS IS THE IDENTICAL PROBLEM. HE SAID LIPPERT COMPONENTS SUPPLIES THE AXLES AS SUBASSEMBLIES, WITH THE U BOLTS ALREADY INSTALLED TO FOREST RIVER. THEREFORE FOREST RIVER DOES NOT WANT TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY. IT SEEMS LIKELY THAT THE U- BOLTS ARE EITHER OVERLOADED OR MATERIALLY DEFECTIVE FOR THE INSTALLATION AND APPEAR TO BE STRETCHING AND ALLOWING THE NUTS TO ROTATE. THE RESULT IS THEN THE AXELS SHIFT OUT OF POSITION. THIS CAMPER HAS APPROX. 5500 MILES OF USE IN THE 4 MONTHS OWNED. IT WAS GENTLY TOWED AND NOT ABUSED..LIPPERT 3500 (AXLE) 9999 problem was reported in MECHANICSBURG, PA. Vehicle was not using Cruise Control. WAS PART ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT.
Post Your Comment Go Top
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:13 AM   #52
Don't call me Junior!!!

awesome. makes me want to travel and enjoy our weekends knowing we are simply a slight failure or two from killing someone or ourselves. i hate to be negative but search the net.. this is the norm. not the exception.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:35 AM   #53

Quote:
I believe nailit's post clearly explains how he determined his was a Lippert..
It's not clear to me so please don't answer for me or on my behalf...

Again, how do I determine if I have a lippert frame, and if that's not a good enough question for bubba, what's a pinbox?

Thx to other members
Old 12-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #54
Don't call me Junior!!!

Quote:
It's not clear to me so please don't answer for me or on my behalf...

Again, how do I determine if I have a lippert frame, and if that's not a good enough question for bubba, what's a pinbox?

Thx to other members
My My.. touchy touchy, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

As you own a Wolf Pup 17RR you do not have a pin box. That would be reserved for 5ers.

As for how to tell if you own a lippert frame I would say if it is a FR product which the Wolf Pup is, you own a lippert frame.

Can we please be friends now?
Old 12-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #55

Quote:
My My.. touchy touchy, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

As you own a Wolf Pup 17RR you do not have a pin box. That would be reserved for 5ers.

As for how to tell if you own a lippert frame I would say if it is a FR product which the Wolf Pup is, you own a lippert frame.

Can we please be friends now?
That's all and fine, but if a 19rr has a demarcation identifying it as a lippert frame, my question (again) is where is that similar demarcation located on a 17rr?

Im not looking for the "just cuz it is" answer - I'm looking for the location of the demarcation identifying the frame manufacturer as being lippert on a 17rr.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #56

I'm a half year out of warrenty, and didn't have much luck when it was in warrenty. Moved the spare tire off the bumper to the front storage, and sure my trailer hitch weighs less than the spare, so will leave it. Wayne
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #57
Hob

I want to thank everyone and all the posts on a Wolf Pack with a Lippert Frame. I was considering a WP 295 but with all the problems, I have reconsidered. I think I'll look into a new Flagstaff 30 WTBSS when they come out. After doing an internet search I haven't seen too many problems with them and frames. The Wolf Pack seems to have a plethora of frame problems. Again thanks for all the information.

Best Regards and Merry Christmas

Hob (Bill and Linda)
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #58
Don't call me Junior!!!

Quote:
That's all and fine, but if a 19rr has a demarcation identifying it as a lippert frame, my question (again) is where is that similar demarcation located on a 17rr?

Im not looking for the "just cuz it is" answer - I'm looking for the location of the demarcation identifying the frame manufacturer as being lippert on a 17rr.
As I don't personally own a Wolf Pup 17RR I can only attempt to help you with what I know. Nobody else has responded to your request so I thought I would try to be helpful.

Until someone has an exact answer to your exact question (Good luck with that.) I would highly recommend you simply open your owners manual. You will find a list of components and manufactures you will also find that it lists your frame & chassis components as Lippert.

If the owners manual is not enough to satisfy you I would suggest you make a phone call to Forest River/ Cherokee they will then confirm for you what I just told you and maybe you will accept their answer.

You have yourself a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year..
Old 12-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #59
Don't call me Junior!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
I want to thank everyone and all the posts on a Wolf Pack with a Lippert Frame. I was considering a WP 295 but with all the problems, I have reconsidered. I think I'll look into a new Flagstaff 30 WTBSS when they come out. After doing an internet search I haven't seen too many problems with them and frames. The Wolf Pack seems to have a plethora of frame problems. Again thanks for all the information.

Best Regards and Merry Christmas

Hob (Bill and Linda)
Does the Flagstaff use the Lippert Frame as well?
Old 12-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #60
Hob

Yes it does use a Lippert frame. I haven't read any frame cracking complaints, just a few complaints about frame shackle bolts stretching. Easy fix for even an old man like me. I wonder if being a straight pull on the frame isn't much easier on the frame components than the flex from the fifth wheel hitch. I haven't seen nearly as many complaints after a week long search on the internet. I "think" I did a fairly comprehensive search. Of course, thinking has got me into trouble before.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote