Old 12-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #61
Don't call me Junior!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
Of course, thinking has got me into trouble before.
LOL that makes two of us, however I "THINK" you are correct. Most of the complaints I have read are with 5th wheels. One even broke the entire floor out of the upstairs bedroom. Urggg. I hope this is the case as my PrimeTime also uses the dreaded Lippert frame.

I will definitly be keeping a close eye on it however.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #62

I just want to apologize to brookside for the misunderstanding about the pinbox and thank BubbaTex for his comments and help. Yes, a fifth wheel has a pinbox and travel trailer has a tongue for the hitch points.

As stated before, we have a few miles on our Wolf Pack and a lot of those miles have been on dirt roads and a few rough ones at that, but so far, we have been lucky. I have made marks on the pinbox at the bottom side of the upper floor where the pinbox disappears into the bottom body panel. I do keep an eye on those marks when the 5er is hooked up to the truck.

Merry Christmas to all...

nailit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #63

Thanks nailit!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #64
Pam

I just had this same problem happen to me, no one wants to warranty it, the trailer is 8 months old, got to use it 4-5 times before the frame tore. Looking online it seems to be a problem with lippert. Hopefully they will take responsibility for their frames failing, but so far we aren't getting any help.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #65
Don't call me Junior!!!

Pam, that is horrible, sorry to hear, what trailer do you own? 5th wheel or TT? Why wont they warranty it inside of 12 months? Forest River excludes the Frame and Chassis under their warranty but from what I have been able to acertain, Lippert does warranty for 12 months...
Old 12-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #66
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Subscribed and watching.
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamDawson View Post
I just had this same problem happen to me, no one wants to warranty it, the trailer is 8 months old, got to use it 4-5 times before the frame tore. Looking online it seems to be a problem with lippert. Hopefully they will take responsibility for their frames failing, but so far we aren't getting any help.

Sorry to hear about your failure - could you respond in the frame failure FAQ topic with the details so we can start building a database of people who have experienced this?

Frame Defect Research and FAQ Topic

Old 12-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #68
Hob

I hate to hear about all the frame problems with the Wolf Pack and how much trouble people are having getting any satisfaction from Lippert. I was really considering a 295WP but you have totally changed my mind. I guess I'll look at a couple with slides to get the free space we want. Wolf Pack has definitely lost a customer here.

Hob
Old 12-30-2011, 12:20 AM   #69
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaTex View Post
Pam, that is horrible, sorry to hear, what trailer do you own? 5th wheel or TT? Why wont they warranty it inside of 12 months? Forest River excludes the Frame and Chassis under their warranty but from what I have been able to acertain, Lippert does warranty for 12 months...
It's a palomino puma, built by forest river. 5th wheel, model 295 kbh-ss. Had problems with the fiberglass pinbox cover popping off top bolts from new, and wallpaper seams ripping in the master bedroom from new also. So western rv put washers on the bolts to keep cover on, and just replaced seams. When we asked if this was a structural prob, they said it was normal wear and tear. Well none of their fixes held, needless to say! Will post pics soon
Old 12-30-2011, 12:31 AM   #70
Don't call me Junior!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamDawson View Post
It's a palomino puma, built by forest river. 5th wheel, model 295 kbh-ss. Had problems with the fiberglass pinbox cover popping off top bolts from new, and wallpaper seams ripping in the master bedroom from new also. So western rv put washers on the bolts to keep cover on, and just replaced seams. When we asked if this was a structural prob, they said it was normal wear and tear. Well none of their fixes held, needless to say! Will post pics soon
I know this is trying and a real pain, but you may very well be in luck. Even though the dealer may not warranty it, Forest River may not even warranty it, but inside 12 months Lippert should certainly warranty it --- unless you have altered the frame in some way. I cannot imagine wallpaper seams seperating being normal wear and tear.. but what do I know. either way.. Have you tried the Lippert route?