Old 12-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #71

Pam, what kind of dealer did you buy from that they aren't helping you?
That is ridiculous.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #72
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
Pam, what kind of dealer did you buy from that they aren't helping you?
That is ridiculous.
The dealer that sold us our unit has told us that the frame tearing is just something that happens sometimes when you drive over railroad tracks or a dip in the road. So I guess we are expected to by a rv and leave it parked in our yard so this won't happen.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #73
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaTex View Post
I know this is trying and a real pain, but you may very well be in luck. Even though the dealer may not warranty it, Forest River may not even warranty it, but inside 12 months Lippert should certainly warranty it --- unless you have altered the frame in some way. I cannot imagine wallpaper seams seperating being normal wear and tear.. but what do I know. either way.. Have you tried the Lippert route?
I'm currently waiting for a reply from lippert, but probably won't get any help till the new year. Hopefully they will help but I'm not holding my breath on it
Old 12-30-2011, 03:26 PM   #74

"The dealer that sold us our unit has told us that the frame tearing is just something that happens sometimes when you drive over railroad tracks or a dip in the road"
=============================================
If the guy who sold me my camper said something like that to me, they would be waking up in the hospital! That is ridiculous.
What is the name and location of that dealer? Everyone may as well know so that no one else gets ripped off.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #75
Pam

The dealer we purchased from is "Western rv" in Leduc, Alberta. Be very careful with the fine print people! They are a very well known dealership in our parts, but they haven't been getting a very good review from us!
Old 12-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #76
Hob

What was in the fine print that hosed you like that? Can you give us some of the words so we know what to look out for? I'm looking for a new trailer now and have almost totally scratched off any fifth wheel.

Hob
Old 12-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #77
Pam

Nothing that we have found, but they are trying to get out of it somehow, so I'm guessing they are searching the fine print
Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #78
DDC

The only answer to this is to report the defects to the appropriate government dept. whether it is covered by warranty or not they are supposed to be built to standup to normal use and not to become rolling death traps if they are not reported it's hard to get anything done to make the manufacturer correct the problems,once reported the gov. dept will act to cover their own asses because there will be a paper trail.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:01 AM   #79
Pam

[QUOTE=once reported the gov. dept will act to cover their own asses because there will be a paper trail.[/QUOTE]

What department would a person contact?
Old 01-01-2012, 02:10 AM   #80

NHTSA Contact Information | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

NHTSA Headquarters
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
West Building
Washington, DC 20590

Toll-Free: 1-888-327-4236 / Hearing Impaired (TTY): 1-800-424-9153 / Media inquiries: 202-366-9550
USDOT General Information Main Switchboard (including personnel locator): 202-366-4000 / Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm Eastern, excluding Federal Holidays.

VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE
Please use the toll-free number above to report suspected safety defects in your vehicle, vehicle equipment, and child safety seats. You can also obtain information about air bags, highway safety, and the proper use of child safety seats.
Remember to always buckle up, never drive when impaired, and ensure that child safety seats are installed and used properly.