Old 05-16-2015, 06:15 PM   #21

Motorcycle mount

If you have the swivel (rear) section on wrong, it won't pivot up when not in use.

I had the same problem, so I took a hi-lift jack and opened the front up more. More of a "U" shape instead of the tighter "V". Still sticks, but not as bad.

Still loving the ease of the Biker Bars

Old 05-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler View Post
If you have the swivel (rear) section on wrong, it won't pivot up when not in use.

I had the same problem, so I took a hi-lift jack and opened the front up more. More of a "U" shape instead of the tighter "V". Still sticks, but not as bad.

Still loving the ease of the Biker Bars
Ill try that - it is on correctly. Thanks for the info!!

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:51 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by empa1968 View Post
This is what I use, works great and I didn't have to modify the floor. they'll customizr the length to fit your toy hauler.

Bolt It On, Serious Racks
I made my own version of this and it works great for 2 bikes (one dresser, one sport bike). I just took a piece of 2x4 tube steel, notched and welded some 4x4 angle iron (for the wheels to fit into). Then I just set this on 2 jack stands, bolt it down with some J-bolts, lock washers, and wing nuts; and it's good to go. Spent maybe $100 total and it holds the bikes solid without having to modify / drill the trailer at all. I'll try to get some pics asap.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:23 PM   #24

Harbor Freight chock without a single hole in the floor.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #25

nj-bill can you show me a close up of the two by fours at the tie down area cant get a good close view of that area to see mounting at the tiedown thanks
th
Old 07-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16grey View Post
nj-bill can you show me a close up of the two by fours at the tie down area cant get a good close view of that area to see mounting at the tiedown thanks
th
Sure. That is a u-bolt running through the wood. It is the same width as the chock.

After this picture, I painted the wood blocks with black bed liner. From a few feet, it looks oem.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:42 PM   #27
Retired Techie

Another thought. Weld a bolt on the bottom pointing forward. Slide it through the hold down loop, add a washer and lock nut. I did that to the middle front of my HF, holds the wing just fine. Threw the rocker away. To small to fit wing tire. 4 tie downs , two forward----two back front wheel in chock and frame block of 2x4 's in front of rear wheel..
Old 07-31-2015, 07:19 AM   #28

Nice ideas I'm gonna try these and if I figure out anything easier I will post
Old 08-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #29

NJ-Bill, I did like your idea for the front wheel chock. I have used these HF floor chocks in my garage for years. I do not have them bolted to the floor, but mounted on a 1x12 for the full length and glued HF tool drawer mat to the bottom side. does not slide on the garage floor when rolling the bike on or off. I used this same idea for the toy hauler.

Bottom with the HF tool drawer mat

I used a 6 inch in length 2x4 to catch the tie-down loop and a 1-1/2 U-Bolt (which measures 2" inside) to capture the HF Wheel Chock.

The 1x12 lifts the chock 3/4 of an inch to allow the U-Bolt to pass under and not touch the floor. No drilling in the Chock assy.

When I got to Denver this last weekend I rolled the bike and tie it down it did not move.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:03 PM   #30

Racenviper,

That looks great. I may copy the wood underneath.
Thanks,
Bill

Tags
mount